Sign in to follow this  
flacto

I think I built a Beast

What do you think...at QB I've got Jared Goff and Dak Prescott....at WR Tyreek Hill and Deandre Hopkins w/ Larry Fitzgerald as backup....RBs Nick Chubb and Chris Carson w/ Mark Ingram as backup....TEs Jared Cook and Tyler Eifert...Ravens Defense and Rams Kicker....and the backups for all my RBs on my bench......I really like this team....thoughts? good luck this season

Goff, good; Prescott, easily replaceable.

Hopkins and Hill, very solid, though Hill can be inconsistent and Hopkins may suffer if the Texans can't field a credible rushing attack to balance out the passing game.  I would like Fitz as a WR4, but he's risky as a WR3.  I loved his 160-target potential--until I watched the offense stinking things up in the preseason.  Hopefully they just haven't shown their true colors yet, because I have a ton of Fitz myself--but for the most part, he's only a WR4 for me.

Carson is one of the best values in fantasy football this season; could well be a top 5 RB.  Chubb will start out well, but I wonder how he will fare down the stretch when Kareem Hunt is back to shoulder some of the load.  If Cleveland is in contention, they may end up taking it easy on Chubb during the fantasy playoff weeks--not what you want from your RB1 (although Carson will probly be your true RB1 anyway).  Ingram is credible as a RB3.  Very credible unit.

TE:  Your absolute weakest position, and you may end up replacing both of them from the waiver wire.  Cook had what, one good year out of his 10 year career, and now he's 32.  The only previous year that he had more than 4 TDs was the 5 TDs in 2013--and 2 of those came in the first game.  I think it's "Coby Fleener Goes To New Orleans, Part Deux."  Tyler Eifert isn't even the starting TE for Cincinnati any more; C.J. Uzomah is.

The team is probably a playoff contender, especially if it's a 12 team league, but if it's a smaller league, or if you don't find some credible production at TE, it's probably just an also-ran, and certainly not a "Beast."

It looks very solid, but you won’t know for sure until they start playing games that matter. 

I’m just not willing to take Chubb anywhere close to his ADP.  As has already been stated, there is too much risk not knowing Hunt’s impact on his carries down the stretch.  

8 hours ago, flacto said:

What do you think...at QB I've got Jared Goff and Dak Prescott....at WR Tyreek Hill and Deandre Hopkins w/ Larry Fitzgerald as backup....RBs Nick Chubb and Chris Carson w/ Mark Ingram as backup....TEs Jared Cook and Tyler Eifert...Ravens Defense and Rams Kicker....and the backups for all my RBs on my bench......I really like this team....thoughts? good luck this season

For a non ppr league, it's not bad.  I'm not going to say you built a beast, but non ppr is a different animal and I think you did ok.  Hill and Hopkins are studs in non ppr formats.  Fitz isn't much of an impact player though in this type of league, especially not being a year older and in a new system.  In ppr, I'd say he could potentially be a WR3 (low end) or a WR4.  In your league, I think he's likely to be a WR4. 

I'm not on the Chubb hype train like some people.  The line isn't great and he had all of one great game last season.  I think he will be fine though, just not a superstar.  Carson could be a steal, if the Seahags don't give his counterpart too many carries.  I'd say the RB's are above average though.  Having Ingram as a backup can't hurt.  Having the backups is a nice addition. 

Te's aren't bad with Cook.  I don't see Eifert being worthy of playing time, even if Cook goes down though.  I'd have went for Walker or Olsen later, but passed on Eifert.  Maybe he will surprise us though.

Not a fan of the Ravens defense at all.  Not. at. all.  I think you will miss some points there.  I think they have two impact players on defense, and neither are linebackers, which they need.  I've been in drafts where Denver wasn't drafted.  If this is the case, snag them on the waiver wire as they will definitely outproduce Baltimore in fantasy this season. 

You didn't list your other WR's.  Before giving a rating, that's an important thing.  I'm sure you drafted more than three.  I hope. 

As for QB's - You have two that you can alternate on most weeks.  I wouldn't downgrade anyone for their QB's as if you have two, and play the matchups well, you can compete at the position with anyone that doesn't have Mahomes circa 2018. 

I think you will compete, but playing your matchups will be important.  As long as you make the playoffs, anything can happen. 

Assuming you start two RB two WR, I like your starters, but I hate your bench. Penny has looked like trash, and Hunt is eating a spot for 8 weeks. I like Hill if that's who you have. Fitz it's pretty meh for a WR3.

I like the looks of that team. Few tweaks- for the second QB and second TE I would have gone for upside plays. Lamar or Trubisky, Waller or Hockenson. Or loaded up on backup RBs who are an injury away on strong offenses

No reason to waste a pick on a back up QB in a league like this.  Use that pick for more RB and WR depth.  I wouldn't draft a back up TE either but it's better than getting a back up QB.  The rest of the team sounds decent.

Yeah glad you feel good about your draft. Some years I feel good about mine, some years I don’t.  Doesn’t seem to correlate to actual success as there’s injuries, waiver wire and trades that shake up everything most years.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, Tomidius said:

Who fell to the 3rd? Hill or Chubb?

keeper league...I went in with Hill, grabbed Hopkins and Chubb 1 and 2 from the 10 spot.

and in case the Ravens D shits out I have Texans D too......I just see Goff tossing it all over this season, my WR's are what they are, and my RB's are more than reliable...I think I'll be ok

Real good team for a 12 team non-ppr, although work the waiver wire to get better bench players as the season goes along I suggest; I'm sure you plan to so probably didn't need to even say that.  Good draft.  

Oldtimer...Other than the 3 listed, only other WR on bench is Donte Moncrief...bench is full w/ Prescott, Ingram, Fitz, Penny, J Williams, Eifert and Houston's D...…………..UsualSuspect...LOVE the Verbal Kint avatar

• Like 1