Sign in to follow this  
NAn

Who is your 'Mr. Irrevelant' 2019?

Not counting a kicker or defense...

Who did you draft as your last skill player if already drafted or who are you targeting for your last skill player if haven't drafted yet

I have been fortunate enough to get Cole Beasley or Brashad Perriman as my Mr. Irrelevant in nearly every draft.  I suspect this weekend will be different when it comes to Beasley as I think too many people now consider him a sleeper, but in leagues I drafted in early that also have a pre-week 1 waiver wire, I've not taken a kicker and taken both of these guys. 

2 minutes ago, donkeyjotes said:

DK Metcalf 14.1

How many rounds is your draft?  Most of mine are 22 rounds, so a 14th rounder wouldn't be close to Mr. Irrelevant. 

37 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I have been fortunate enough to get Cole Beasley or Brashad Perriman as my Mr. Irrelevant in nearly every draft.  I suspect this weekend will be different when it comes to Beasley as I think too many people now consider him a sleeper, but in leagues I drafted in early that also have a pre-week 1 waiver wire, I've not taken a kicker and taken both of these guys. 

Yeah, I like those two, esp Beasley but sure he's on folks radars on my league, so may cost a couple of bucks for him, we'll see.

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

How many rounds is your draft?  Most of mine are 22 rounds, so a 14th rounder wouldn't be close to Mr. Irrelevant. 

I think 22 is the likely exception OT, most go 15-18, mine goes 16.

1 hour ago, NAn said:

I think 22 is the likely exception OT, most go 15-18, mine goes 16.

I don't know if I could draft a team in a 16 rounder.  lol  I haven't been in one that's under 20 in quite some time.  I was even in a 25 round draft recently.  It was a no-trade league, so the initial draft was longer.  I had no clue though that most were in that range.  That makes Metcalf a nice pick then. 

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't know if I could draft a team in a 16 rounder.  lol  I haven't been in one that's under 20 in quite some time.  I was even in a 25 round draft recently.  It was a no-trade league, so the initial draft was longer.  I had no clue though that most were in that range.  That makes Metcalf a nice pick then. 

I hear ya, when we get used to something it becomes our norm.  How many teams?  And what's starting line-up requirements?  

I only play in 12 to 14 team leagues.  Ten is too small for me and it seems like everyone gets a great roster.  I prefer the larger leagues because then the owners have to study a bit, or be left out once we hit the later rounds.  There are gems to be found in those later rounds.  A lot of luck, but preparation helps. 

Most of my starting lineup requirements are the same.  1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Kicker & 1Defense.  In some of the leagues, you can use only one RB, which is nice and drastically changes the drafting strategy.  In the leagues where two are required, you pretty much have to take 2 RB's in the first 4 rounds to even have a chance to compete.  In these, I try to take RB's in the first two rounds if the value is there, otherwise, I will take two in the first three rounds. 

I also try to get in at least a couple of no-trade leagues.  I've been burned badly in trading leagues at the deadline twice in higher dollar leagues, so I'm a bit picky about where, and with whom, I'll play.  I got into a new dynasty league last year.  Paying the first 3 years upfront was a requirement, which I liked.  Nobody mentioned 4 of the owners were all best friends though.  The trades that went down near the deadline were absurd.  It's a 12 man league and a 2/3 vote is needed to overturn anything.  Some of the trades were just pitiful, and obvious....  Mixon was traded for two future #1 rookie picks.  I'm not certain how that one passed as the guy who obtained Mixon was already one of the top teams.  So, he got Mixon to pair with Zeke, Jones & Carson and only is giving up what will be two 1.10 to 1.12 rookie draft picks.  We had a deal where Hopkins was traded from one friend to another for R. Anderson and a 1st round rookie pick.  I'm not certain how that happens either.  Anyway, it was wasted money.  lol

I would love to draft Eli Manning as my Mr. Irrelevant, but we all know he won't be there for me.

58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I only play in 12 to 14 team leagues.  Ten is too small for me and it seems like everyone gets a great roster.  I prefer the larger leagues because then the owners have to study a bit, or be left out once we hit the later rounds.  There are gems to be found in those later rounds.  A lot of luck, but preparation helps. 

Most of my starting lineup requirements are the same.  1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Kicker & 1Defense.  In some of the leagues, you can use only one RB, which is nice and drastically changes the drafting strategy.  In the leagues where two are required, you pretty much have to take 2 RB's in the first 4 rounds to even have a chance to compete.  In these, I try to take RB's in the first two rounds if the value is there, otherwise, I will take two in the first three rounds. 

I also try to get in at least a couple of no-trade leagues.  I've been burned badly in trading leagues at the deadline twice in higher dollar leagues, so I'm a bit picky about where, and with whom, I'll play.  I got into a new dynasty league last year.  Paying the first 3 years upfront was a requirement, which I liked.  Nobody mentioned 4 of the owners were all best friends though.  The trades that went down near the deadline were absurd.  It's a 12 man league and a 2/3 vote is needed to overturn anything.  Some of the trades were just pitiful, and obvious....  Mixon was traded for two future #1 rookie picks.  I'm not certain how that one passed as the guy who obtained Mixon was already one of the top teams.  So, he got Mixon to pair with Zeke, Jones & Carson and only is giving up what will be two 1.10 to 1.12 rookie draft picks.  We had a deal where Hopkins was traded from one friend to another for R. Anderson and a 1st round rookie pick.  I'm not certain how that happens either.  Anyway, it was wasted money.  lol

Nice, wow deep then to have that many teams and sitll go 22rnds.  Admittedly 16 I don't like (but it's how this league has been doing it for years so...) but 18 is about right for me personally, and some folks like the 8-10 leagues which is fine...whatever you enjoy...and I've done a few 14's which are fun, but 12 is my wheelhouse.  Line-up looks standard and yeah any changes to starting line up can change draft strategies.

Oh man, yeah I only join leagues that those that ask me consider legit as I hate those leagues with questionable transactions.  

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

16 rounds. 12 teams. 

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K/6BN.

22 rounds seems a bit (actually alot) too many. Unless you’re doing IDP,  that would make the FA pool and WW really slim.

Lol,

12 team ppr

nobody took Tony Pollard.  So with the final pick in our draft, I did.

18 hours ago, Marino is God said:

Preston Williams

I had my draft and Williams ended up being Mr irrelevant for me. He was also my 4th receiver in the 17th round. I drafted Darren Waller a few rounds earlier

WR-Gallup....Round #13....12 team draft.....Hunch he will  breakout n 2019, has looked impressive in camp and pre-season..

Grabbed TE Waller & WR Albert Wilson in rounds 13 & 15 of my 14-team PPR. Thinking Waller has the potential to become a weekly TE fantasy starter & I could see Wilson being a useful WR3-4 with weekly boom potential. 

On 8/30/2019 at 7:03 PM, donkeyjotes said:

16 rounds. 12 teams. 

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K/6BN.

22 rounds seems a bit (actually alot) too many. Unless you’re doing IDP,  that would make the FA pool and WW really slim.

Yeah, they are long drafts.  The point though is to not have anyone on the waiver wire that's very good.  Some teams do well with the larger rosters, but some completely fail and shouldn't be in a league when they don't know anyone outside of the top 100.  I like it because it leads to some interesting trades, for the leagues that offer trading.  Some of these leagues are no-trade leagues, which is why they are so large.  The drafts take forever in the final few rounds, so that part is horrible.  

Miles Boykin.  16 rounds, 16 teams.  

I drafted Lamar Jackson in the 9th, so a little excited to see if Lamar and Miles can get some chemistry.

DJ Chark, I don't think Lee will comeback 100%, and I'm not a big believer in Conley. I think teams cheat up on the run, and shade Dede's way leading to some downfield success for he and Foles. 

10 team standard, 14 rounds

Jameis Winston at 14.5, was the 18th QB off the board. And, he is my only QB so rolling the dice but very happy he fell as I was able to load up on mid tier backs. :banana:

Chris Berman voice: 'Went with Lump of Cole Beasly as my Mr. Irrelevant!'