tubby_mcgee

I swear CNN must be pushing for a recession based on headlines

Every day for the past 2 weeks or so...they have some headline, usually on their business page,  warning folks about an oncoming recession.   They always uses the terms "flashing signs" and "fear" and "warning".

The have a motive and agenda of some kind.   Just not sure what.  The articles made to scare folks, are too numerous to just be "articles".   

All from past 2 weeks:

August 14

August 15

August 28

August 14 story #2

August 27

August 21

August 19

August 22

August 18

August 21

August 22 story #2

August 29

I can't, and won't, read anything that company puts out.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you don't know what their agenda is?  If they can cause the economy to crash they will be dancing in the streets and blaming Trump

Yep. They are trying to scare people out of the market because they hate Trump. Hurt the whole country at any cost because of hatred.

• Like 1

Yeah....CNN is by far, and this isn't even close, the most biased news organization in the history of journalism.  Maybe one day there will come a successor, but as it stands CNN has zero credibility.

• Thanks 1

So I search Fox News for recession, the same way I searched CNN...just curious as to how many articles like it they have.

It was almost zero.  lol.

Here is the first one though.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-guests-hosts-accuse-media-cause-recession-undermine-trump-2019-8

Its pretty obvious--- not because of the Fox link, but because of the huge amount of propaganda regarding a recession that they post--that CNN is pushing for a recession. 

Again, the divide in the U.S has become very clear -- Pro-U.S folks vs CNN, Liberals and Illegals. 

Wouldn't mind one myself. I have some things I'd like done and if we get a recession, maybe the prices will come down. On top of that a 20% market drain would be nice.

I could see the libtards starting a movement to get people to pull their 401ks out of the market. Maybe 2-3 months before the election 

The Dem field sucks and Trump likes to talk about the economic growth and low unemployment.The Dems seem doomed but if the media can trigger a recession, it'll cost Trump votes and a major talking point. Bill Maher is very forthright about the liberal thinking behind this. They're elites, they eat if the economy is good or bad. They only suffer (feel bad) when Trump says naughty things about them.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I could see the libtards starting a movement to get people to pull their 401ks out of the market. Maybe 2-3 months before the election 

I dunno, even if that were possible, wouldn't the voters blame the democrats for crashing the market and re-elect Trump?

It’s bigger than we thought. All of the investing sites/apps I follow seem to be doing the same thing. Lots of articles on an upcoming recession. The Street, IBD, Zacks. Then all the analysts are saying it, CEOs, etc. It’s like they all have the same motive and agenda as the CNN Business page apparently. Strange. Suspicious. Also, I feel like all of the sports websites are pushing yesterday’s college football scores. They seem to have a motive or agenda of some kind 

17 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

It’s bigger than we thought. All of the investing sites/apps I follow seem to be doing the same thing. Lots of articles on an upcoming recession. The Street, IBD, Zacks. Then all the analysts are saying it, CEOs, etc. It’s like they all have the same motive and agenda as the CNN Business page apparently. Strange. Suspicious. Also, I feel like all of the sports websites are pushing yesterday’s college football scores. They seem to have a motive or agenda of some kind 

Thoughts and prayers as you recover from your brain injury.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

The Dem field sucks and Trump likes to talk about the economic growth and low unemployment.The Dems seem doomed but if the media can trigger a recession, it'll cost Trump votes and a major talking point. Bill Maher is very forthright about the liberal thinking behind this. They're elites, they eat if the economy is good or bad. They only suffer (feel bad) when Trump says naughty things about them.

Awesome. Hit it right on the head. The elite of our country are so far removed and insulated from economic realities at this point anything they have to say on the matter should be dismissed immediately. 

Thoughts and prayers to all the thoughts and prayers. God bless us all, everyone.

Thoughts and prayers

13 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Thoughts and prayers as you recover from your brain injury.

Thank you. My mind feels clearer already. 

1 hour ago, riversco said:

I dunno, even if that were possible, wouldn't the voters blame the democrats for crashing the market and re-elect Trump?

They blamed the Republicans for the housing bubble when it was Democratic Legislation that was the cause. 

Bill Maher outwardly said a recession would be a great thing for America.   What a pile of sh!t.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/recession-dow-jones-trump-economy-msnbc

Again, this is coming down to the Americans vs. The libs/dems.

Member when Trump used to complain about the deficit and the weak US dollar and call on the feds to raise interest rates etc.?

Don complaining about unfairness is like HT complaining about people insulting his family. 

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

Yeah, it's almost as if they want the market to take a dramatic downturn so they can buy the dip. Dumbfounding.

Cnn has not had any credibility for a long time. Last time I checked they were losing out to the food network nightly

44 minutes ago, MDC said:

Member when Trump used to complain about the deficit and the weak US dollar and call on the feds to raise interest rates etc.?

Don complaining about unfairness is like HT complaining about people insulting his family. 

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents - #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back -- $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic."

- Barack Obama 

#44 added $10 Trillion by his lonesome.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

They blamed the Republicans for the housing bubble when it was Democratic Legislation that was the cause. 

The difference this time around is that trust in the media among republicans has collapsed.  And Trump would surely use his twitter account to hammer the democrats for coordinating a mass pullout from the stock market in an attempt to oust him.  I think it would backfire badly. 

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents - #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back -- $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic."

- Barack Obama 

#44 added $10 Trillion by his lonesome.

The US still has vast resources that is worth more than the debt.  For example, there are 3 trillion barrels of oil in the Green River Basin beneath Colorado, Wyoming and Utah.   The market value of that is anywhere from $15 trillion to $60 trillion.  The current US debt is $22 trillion.  We can potentially cover THREE national debts with just that oil field.  So, yah, creditors are going to be fine with our debt levels. 

If the US is a household, and you tallied up its assets and debts, the notional value of all the US assets is probably somewhere well north of $1 quadrillion.  It holds $22 trillion in debt.  The debt is basically nothing.  I wouldn't want to talk about it much, because it you impressed the truth into everyone heads, they will probably run the debt up to $1 quadrillion just because they can.

Didn’t liberals say a few years ago they’d rather have a recession than Trump be president? I don’t think they were kidding. Political cancer.

Thoughts and prayers for those who make cnn their political and social "knowledge" source. And on this site I think everyone knows who they are.

They are stilling giving it the good 'ol stir-up-a-recession-anti-US try...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/investing/stocks-premarket-trading/index.html

Of course not everyone is convinced.  Not everyone is convinced that terrorists are the enemy either (achemm...CNN and liberal followers).  

Not everyone is convinced the Pats and 49ers are the best teams in the NFL

Not everyone is convinced that.....

Why would you randomly announce something that "not everyone is convinced of" ?   Like, and if so, why choose "recession"? 

Poor Worms took all $24 he has out of the market because he's a useful idiot :(

Its constant.  Every day they talk about the coming crash of the market.  Its all gloom and doom on their end.

Just today:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/02/investing/stock-market-trade-war-melt-up/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/02/investing/value-stocks-tech-2020/index.html

Its a solid ploy, though likely wont work.

The Dem's know too well that people will give more value to a strong economy than just about anything else.  They are using CNN, and likely some of their other propaganda outlets, to attempt to at least sell negative notions about the economy, and perhaps also to manipulate people into responding in a way that might slow the economy down and get a positive feedback loop rolling.

We have seen over the years that truth is not something they worry too much about.

The market always goes up until it goes down.  CNN is just betting on a guaranteed fact and will no doubt take credit for the inevitable. This unrest in China is no small thing and has nothing to do with us but will affect our economy nonetheless.

Saw an article Sunday with the title why growth is bad for your future.

I know liberals hate America, and want the country to lose, but do they have to be so dumb?

54 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Saw an article Sunday with the title why growth is bad for your future.

I know liberals hate America, and want the country to lose, but do they have to be so dumb?

Right here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/upshot/stocks-portfolio-economy-future.html

It's insane.   Growth bad--not "Growth has been great but be cautious"   Just---growth is bad.   I've never seen anything like this--ever

Bill Maher saying a recession would be good to remove Trump......Just wow

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Bill Maher saying a recession would be good to remove Trump......Just wow

Bill Maher,  Seth Meyers, Jon Stewart and Jimmy Kimmel are worthless fake piles of sh!t. 

Kimmel crying on national TV about baby Billy.  Fock you.  Go cry in private (like everyone else does).  Don't turn the world into your stage because your kid had heart defects.  If he's not crying about Trump, he's crying about Billy.  His entire routine is nothing more than crying. 

8 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Bill Maher,  Seth Meyers, Jon Stewart and Jimmy Kimmel are worthless fake piles of sh!t. 

Kimmel crying on national TV about baby Billy.  Fock you.  Go cry in private (like everyone else does).  Don't turn the world into your stage because your kid had heart defects.  If he's not crying about Trump, he's crying about Billy.  His entire routine is nothing more than crying. 

He won't cry in private, but his kid will be moved to the top of the list for treatment. No waiting around with the illegals (or behind them) that he wants to give free health insurance too for him.  Zip right in, only the best for his kid. 

7 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

A recession won't hurt them so they are all for it. 

It's like they forgot what real growth is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

Liberals want to destroy the USA, and they hate Trump because he is trying to stop them.

Essentially, yes.

The market goes down one day. Democrats and their propaganda machine. "OMG THIS IS IT THE END IS HERE! THE GREAT RECESSION IS UPON US!!!! TRUMPS IS 100% TO BLAME!!!! ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!"

• Like 1