Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Now that Fitzmagic is the starter, who do u think..

I’ve been betting on Albert Wilson but he doesn’t seem like a Fitzmagic kinda guy.

Maybe Stills? Has never really amounted to much though and there’s talk he might be cut.

Parker? I mean at some point you’re just a bust. Talk he could be cut or traded as well. Probably just talk though. 

In sum: who knows. I’m sticking with Albert figuring he’s the only guy who could really amount to a startable fantasy WR 

Parker has the skills to be the guy, but the Dolphins just gave Jakeem Grant a four year contract extension worth $6M a year--more than Amari Cooper and almost as much as Corey Davis.  I'm wondering if that doesn't mean something.  The dark horse would be Preston Williams, who has impressive film but is still just a rookie.

Preston Williams Preseason Week 1

Preston Williams 2018 College Highlights

Chad O'shea has been w the Pats as a wr coach for the last decade.  Flores is giving o'shea his first shot as an OC.

Stills, Wilson and Grant all profile similarly to Edelman, Welker & Ammedola so I figure the Fins will run a scheme much like NE uses; a lot of play action and shorter passes. That would seem to favor the smaller wide outs (until the red zone at least, but who knows how often they will get there).

Quite a few unknowns here though.  Fitzmagic is a gunslinger not a touch passer, and he will likely be replaced by Rosen at some point.  Stills calling out the owner, and Flores blaring Jayz songs at him likely means he will be traded or cut.

That leaves Wilson and Grant as the prime candidates in ppr, with Parker and the rookie Williams being red zone threats.

IF Fitz remains the starter and IF Stills isn't traded their skill sets match up well, but Miami is tanking hard and expecting any offensive player to be anything more than a dart throw/bye week fill in isn't advisable.

4 hours ago, ralphster said:

Chad O'shea has been w the Pats as a wr coach for the last decade.  Flores is giving o'shea his first shot as an OC.

Stills, Wilson and Grant all profile similarly to Edelman, Welker & Ammedola so I figure the Fins will run a scheme much like NE uses; a lot of play action and shorter passes. That would seem to favor the smaller wide outs (until the red zone at least, but who knows how often they will get there).

Quite a few unknowns here though.  Fitzmagic is a gunslinger not a touch passer, and he will likely be replaced by Rosen at some point.  Stills calling out the owner, and Flores blaring Jayz songs at him likely means he will be traded or cut.

That leaves Wilson and Grant as the prime candidates in ppr, with Parker and the rookie Williams being red zone threats.

IF Fitz remains the starter and IF Stills isn't traded their skill sets match up well, but Miami is tanking hard and expecting any offensive player to be anything more than a dart throw/bye week fill in isn't advisable.

Gesicki will be split out wide on many sets too. 

Grant and Wilson are the homerun hitters that can break a long one at any moment but to expect anything more than that is impossible.