Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Post Draft FC/FS waivers will open

We have five more picks to go. When peenie's pick at 8.1 is in, I'll wait 12-36 hours or so then open up the waiver wire to First Come/First Serve. It'll be 10 PM eastern one of these upcoming days, depending on when we finish. So if you want to make additional moves you can.

Players cut at this time are likely to be pretty decent seeing as, within the last week, somebody saw fit to either draft or protect them. Those players will not be available for pickup. If I do it right, and figure out how to pull the correct commish levers, the players cut at that time will be blocked from getting picked back up while everybody else is free game.  Otherwise, the first person to come along after a cut is made gets first dibs. (It IS how the end of the season works though, the last waiver week is week 16 and players cut after that ARE immediately available to the next team to log in). If you want a player cut in the next few days, you'll have to wait for week one waivers. The only players that will be available the ones that made it through the draft unclaimed.

When we started the league, it use to be that I'd open up FC/FS waivers immediately after I'd noticed the last pick was in the books. Well one year, I'd opened up FC/FS waivers and immediately made a roster move. After I did that, I got a complaint because somebody else had wanted to claim that player too. And I felt bad because, yeah the accusation stung, I can't say that it wasn't unfair that I had that advantage of knowing when waivers started and grabbing that player.  So, I don't do that anymore. If you have a burning desire for a player that slid through the draft, be online at 10:00:01 PM Eastern and ready to pounce.

I've turned off the draft timer because I'd made an error and stripped too many picks from Old School. He's on the clock and fortunately he didn't get skipped. Once he picks, I'll turn the timer back on.

:wall: 

That didn't work at all. Timer back on. Hopefully we finish soon.

Well hell- it’s says waiting on peenie- but won’t let me set my last selection. I DMd Voltz with my last selection

Sorry guys- im fricken sick as hell- pretty much trying to sleep off a nasty summer cold. I totally screwed up a couple rounds by not having preselected. 

When peenie gets her lsat two picks in to close the draft. Kindly don't make any waiver pick ups until tomorrow, September 1st at 10 PM Eastern. Players likely will be available for FCFS as soon as she's done but that'd be a glitch because I don't know how to both make players cut last week available to her and also block everyone else from picking them up once the draft ends. I'm on my way out of the house right now and may not be online when peenie make her last draft picks so there's a window there that may open that I don't want opened.