Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

LeSean McCoy Released - Signed by KC

20 minutes ago, sderk said:

It's a wait and see for sure, but, why bring McCoy in? Not as a backup definitely, which, I know you are not saying, but I think Williams actually is going to end up as a #3 on this roster. Just a hunch maybe, but KC is now loaded at RB. They just have injury concerns. Reid is not really a time share guy, it will be fun to see how he handles them in the backfield.

Well, the scary thing about Williams is there is no extended period where he flashed as a surefire RB1.

I actually assumed he'd split carries with Hyde while he was there.  Now I think he splits with McCoy.

He still splits carries and to me its hard to say hes a RB1 when you think hes splitting carries.

of course because I felt all along he would split carries,  I had him ranked quite a bit lower than everyone else.  With Hyde I had him around #14. 

With McCoy I think he drops to around #16 to #18.

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Reid has already announced that both are co-starters. Your ship is already sinking stonewall.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/226941/lesean-mccoy-to-co-start-with-damien-williams.php

Either you are being factitious, or your reading comprehension skills are diminished. Either way, I have said from the start that only time will tell, and that Shady will get some burn regardless....and that the possibility exists for him to actually have a banner year in that offense.

However, one last time, I believe that it will take an injury or gross underperformance by DWill for that end to materialize. I am still pleased to be a DWill owner, even if this decreases his touch rate somewhat....because he has already proven what he can do with 10-15 touches/game in that offense. Perhaps, it will even serve to keep him healthy and explosive. 

On 9/1/2019 at 9:21 PM, stonewall said:

Give it a rest....and I hope that you will always feel free to quote me as you wish.

Of course I (and all sane DWill) owners HOPE that Shady doesn't drain him dry. Why wouldn't we? However, as I have continued to maintain, because DWill has done nothing but impress when on the field for KC, coupled with the fact that Reid has historically not been a full-blown RB-by-committee type of coach,  I will ASSUME that Shady will act as a compliment to DWill,  until I see with my own eyes or hear with my own ears from Reid that Shady is gonna lead the way. 

Shady may be a league winner. DWill may be a league winner. Darwin may be a league winner. Or they may cancel each other out in that regard. The jury is out, so don't allow your disdain for DWill to cloud your judgement.....because i can assure you that I haven't allowed my ownership of him cloud mine. Although, if I didn't have stock in DWill, I would be buying low wherever I could....and selling high on Shady.

??? 

“Until i see with my own eyes or hear with my own ears.” Lmao

Reid just made a brand new RB who doesn’t know the playbook a co-starter. You think the plan is to be a complement to Williams? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

??? 

“Until i see with my own eyes or hear with my own ears.” Lmao

Reid just made a brand new RB who doesn’t know the playbook a co-starter. You think the plan is to be a complement to Williams? 

Okay....I was hoping to be wrong, but you are obviously  just being a contrarian. I enjoy posting and debating in here, but repeating ones self gets tiring. I said "Until I see it with my own eyes or hear with my own ears from Reid that Shady is gonna lead the way".  I also have said all along that Shady could theoretically be a "league winner". No one knows....not you and not me. As for me, although the Shady acquisition was not great news, I am still glad to own DWill...the upside is still there as a starter for KC. I understand that you have disdain for him, as you previously admitted. Unfortunately, this fact disallows a profitable conversation. Perhaps in another thread.

See ya... 

Gio Bernard just got signed to a 5mil/ year contract to be a 1b to Mixon. Mixon will still be the clear starter so just because Shady got 4mil does not necessarily mean he is there for an even split.

2 hours ago, crackills said:

Gio Bernard just got signed to a 5mil/ year contract to be a 1b to Mixon. Mixon will still be the clear starter so just because Shady got 4mil does not necessarily mean he is there for an even split.

Keeping your own guys is different from signing a free agent a week before season starts.

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

Okay....I was hoping to be wrong, but you are obviously  just being a contrarian. I enjoy posting and debating in here, but repeating ones self gets tiring. I said "Until I see it with my own eyes or hear with my own ears from Reid that Shady is gonna lead the way".  I also have said all along that Shady could theoretically be a "league winner". No one knows....not you and not me. As for me, although the Shady acquisition was not great news, I am still glad to own DWill...the upside is still there as a starter for KC. I understand that you have disdain for him, as you previously admitted. Unfortunately, this fact disallows a profitable conversation. Perhaps in another thread.

See ya... 

In multiple posts you’ve said you assume DWill is the guy and Shady is the 3rd down guy. So this Reid statement is either fake news or you stand by your assumption?

He was a decent player in college and Miami but nothing more. His combine grades were awful in pass protection. “Overwhelmed” is the adjective nfl.com used.

The most important thing a RB can do in the KC offense is protect Mahomes. Plain and simple. If Williams can’t do that, he won’t be on the field at all.

22 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Keeping your own guys is different from signing a free agent a week before season starts.

different how? why does it matter? The question is not when the player signed.. its the talent of the backup rb and the $ of the contract. My point is that just because a backup got paid does not mean he projects as anything more than a backup. In truth time will tell, until then we are all guessing. 

33 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

damien williams was resigned....he was "their own guy" too

what do u think reid would have done if mccoy hadnt become available?

5 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

Handed the reins to Hyde by October.

4 hours ago, crackills said:

different how? why does it matter? The question is not when the player signed.. its the talent of the backup rb and the $ of the contract. My point is that just because a backup got paid does not mean he projects as anything more than a backup. In truth time will tell, until then we are all guessing. 

Reid already said they’re both starters. Why are we still guessing?

4 hours ago, bobby heenan said:

damien williams was resigned....he was "their own guy" too

Who knows? Who cares?

You can’t prove or disprove anything with hypothetical scenarios.

5 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Who knows? Who cares?

You can’t prove or disprove anything with hypothetical scenarios.

i can prove more in this hypothetical situation than you can....you know the answer.....he prob would have still cut hyde and not done much else....he added mccoy because he saw the chance to add a talented player and add depth...

you still cant prove this is an indictment of williams.....williams didnt have to be resigned either....

4 hours ago, bobby heenan said:

i can prove more in this hypothetical situation than you can....you know the answer.....he prob would have still cut hyde and not done much else....he added mccoy because he saw the chance to add a talented player and add depth...

you still cant prove this is an indictment of williams.....williams didnt have to be resigned either....

Hyde was never cut but ok. Believe what you want. Truth is, no one knows. Fact is, they signed Hyde, drafted Thompson, TRADED Hyde, signed McCoy. 

No team makes all of these moves at RB if they’re content with what they have. Keep telling yourself it’s just for depth and that McCoy and Thompson won’t see the field lol

30 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Hyde was never cut but ok. Believe what you want. Truth is, no one knows. Fact is, they signed Hyde, drafted Thompson, TRADED Hyde, signed McCoy. 

No team makes all of these moves at RB if they’re content with what they have. Keep telling yourself it’s just for depth and that McCoy and Thompson won’t see the field lol

Right...Hyde was traded away before McCoy was signed...and McCoy had other suitors 

No team stops trying to add depth and talent anywhere on their roster when it costs next to nothing and they don't have to give up capital 

Does the Rams matching an offer sheet to brown and then drafting Henderson mean they have no faith in gurley?

Does the pats adding Damien Harris mean they have no faith in white or Michel?

I'm in no way comparing Williams to gurley or anyone....but u don't stop adding talent and depth when it's in front of u....Hyde was gone either way....he was out before McCoy was in....

Who said those guys won't see the field? I don't think I did...I don't think anyone suggested Williams will see 100 or even 80 percent of the touches

But it's no indictment on him...he will still be able to produce 

5 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

Right...Hyde was traded away before McCoy was signed...and McCoy had other suitors 

No team stops trying to add depth and talent anywhere on their roster when it costs next to nothing and they don't have to give up capital 

Does the Rams matching an offer sheet to brown and then drafting Henderson mean they have no faith in gurley?

Does the pats adding Damien Harris mean they have no faith in white or Michel?

I'm in no way comparing Williams to gurley or anyone....but u don't stop adding talent and depth when it's in front of u....Hyde was gone either way....he was out before McCoy was in....

Who said those guys won't see the field? I don't think I did...I don't think anyone suggested Williams will see 100 or even 80 percent of the touches

But it's no indictment on him...he will still be able to produce 

Your first sentence is the most important. McCoy had other suitors. You think he’s gonna go anywhere that he’s not promised the starting gig and plenty of touches? Highly unlikely.

also you might not be comparing Gurley to Williams but you’re comparing brown, Henderson, and Harris to McCoy lol. None of those players have a track record like shady.

I drafted my high stakes 12 team(defending champs) ppr a week ago from Sunday...abweek before McCoy was cut

I took Williams in late 2nd ...I also took McCoy later totally unrelated

If McCoy takes over as the rb1 it actually makes things much easier for me...I also have saquon and fournette...I'd love to start a rb 1 for the chiefs with them....it would be much less of a headache 

I've won the league wasting 2nd and 3rd rounders....I don't care about Williams or being right about him...if he disappeared it would prob make my fantasy life easier

But it's ridic imo to call this move an indictment and act like he can't thrive in the offense 

26 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Your first sentence is the most important. McCoy had other suitors. You think he’s gonna go anywhere that he’s not promised the starting gig and plenty of touches? Highly unlikely.

also you might not be comparing Gurley to Williams but you’re comparing brown, Henderson, and Harris to McCoy lol. None of those players have a track record like shady.

McCoy has been labeled "washed up" more than once during his career too

He had other suitors...I think he wanted to go where he feels he has the best shot to win it all..hes done everything else in his career 

1 hour ago, bobby heenan said:

McCoy has been labeled "washed up" more than once during his career too

He had other suitors...I think he wanted to go where he feels he has the best shot to win it all..hes done everything else in his career 

Anyone calling him washed up is just not paying attention. He was DECENT in 2017 I won’t even say great but decent with 1100 rushing yards and 50+ receptions. That 2017 Bills team snuck into the playoffs but definitely not because of their offense. I think their point differential was like -50 (which is terrible). Last year McCoy played through a bunch of injuries including a rib injury that didn’t allow him to BREATHE!! 

So again to judge McCoy based on these last few years in crap Buffalo is definitely not fair to him.

41 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Anyone calling him washed up is just not paying attention. He was DECENT in 2017 I won’t even say great but decent with 1100 rushing yards and 50+ receptions. That 2017 Bills team snuck into the playoffs but definitely not because of their offense. I think their point differential was like -50 (which is terrible). Last year McCoy played through a bunch of injuries including a rib injury that didn’t allow him to BREATHE!! 

So again to judge McCoy based on these last few years in crap Buffalo is definitely not fair to him.

I didn't say Ive labeled him that....just said ive heard people say it....some suggest his strong 2017 was aided by Taylor opening lanes with the threat of his legs and running 

I drafted him before he was cut and signed...u don't have to tell me...I wish Williams would go away...it would make things easier for me..I just don't think he will

47 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

I didn't say Ive labeled him that....just said ive heard people say it....some suggest his strong 2017 was aided by Taylor opening lanes with the threat of his legs and running 

I drafted him before he was cut and signed...u don't have to tell me...I wish Williams would go away...it would make things easier for me..I just don't think he will

I think the chiefs know what they have in shady to run him into the ground since it’s only a 1 year deal. They need to win now while Mahomes is still on his rookie contract. I’d expect Shady to get first crack with Williams spelling him to keep him fresh. I predict a 70/30 split by mid season for Shady. Fantasy headache for now.

7 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I think the chiefs know what they have in shady to run him into the ground since it’s only a 1 year deal. They need to win now while Mahomes is still on his rookie contract. I’d expect Shady to get first crack with Williams spelling him to keep him fresh. I predict a 70/30 split by mid season for Shady. Fantasy headache for now.

"This is different than what we did in Philadelphia. There will be some familiar things, but it's quite a bit different. He's going to have to get in and learn (the offense) and then we'll just see how that goes."-reid

it could happen the way you say...it really could.....u still haven't a answered though....they thought very little of Hyde obviously...so what would they do if they couldn't land shady?

On 9/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, stonewall said:

Again, I call it challenging. I, again, assume that DWill will be a safe start in week1, at least in the flex, since Shady just arrived and DWill has been running first team all camp. 

However, I always try to have a viable contingency plan in case of such a scenario. In most leagues for me, it is Duke Johnson.

Bill O’Brien said he expects Hyde to work on early downs and Duke to spell him on 3rd downs and passing situations lol

Do you have a contingency to your contingency?

55 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Bill O’Brien said he expects Hyde to work on early downs and Duke to spell him on 3rd downs and passing situations lol

Actually, yes, I do.....I own Hyde too....just in case he has a resurrection. Thanks for checking though.....

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Do you have a link to a quote for that?  I tried to find it on Google and all I can find is O'Brien saying Hyde can't replace Lamar Miller and he was added for depth.

This would effect my lineup decisions if true, but I can't find it anywhere.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Do you have a link to a quote for that?  I tried to find it on Google and all I can find is O'Brien saying Hyde can't replace Lamar Miller and he was added for depth.

Per CBS Sportsline:

September 3, 2019 10:25 PM ET) Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said Hyde is an early-down back and will be used as a complement to Duke Johnson, Deephi SIdhu of the Texans' official site reports.

The 6-foot, 229-pound Hyde will be used differently than Duke Johnson. "Carlos, I think, is a solid first-, second-down runner, can help you in the passing game," O'Brien said Monday. "I think there's a number of things he can do. I think that he's got good size relative to that position and he's had production in the past."

His production was way way in the past. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

His production was way way in the past. 

Yes, way back in the misty antiquity of September 2018, Carlos Hyde was the #6 overall RB in the NFL.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Also refer to fact that Hyde started over Duke last year with Browns.

8 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Also refer to fact that Hyde started over Duke last year with Browns.

Tyrod Taylor started over Baker Mayfield last year for the Browns as well.  Anything related to Hue Jackson should be discounted

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

Tyrod Taylor started over Baker Mayfield last year for the Browns as well.  Anything related to Hue Jackson should be discounted

I agree with the Hue Jackson take lol but comparing QBs to RBs is apples to oranges. That means nothing. In the end they traded Hyde because they knew what they had in Chubb. Duke didn’t so much after Hyde’s departure.

Duke had his two highest scoring ff games after Hyde left. 

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Any new observations on McCoy post week 1?

I was offered McCoy for my TE Andrews, debating it.

I don't have any new observations, but I would take that trade.  I think this is as low as McCoy will be and as high as Andrews will be.  (pending injuries as always)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Any new observations on McCoy post week 1?

I was offered McCoy for my TE Andrews, debating it.

Debating it?  ABSOLUTELY take that deal, and then go off grid, because the authorities will almost certainly be looking to bring you to justice for Grand Theft RB.

• Thanks 1

Shady will be 1A once he learns the pass protections. He got a cramp game 1 or might have had a few more touches. traded him in a 2 qb league for Mariota and Brown (Pair w Gurley), but IF he can stay healthy he will have good games. I didn’t want to bank on a 31 y o RB making it through the year but the upside is there

• Like 1

Did you watch any of his runs? Stats aside, he looked pretty quick and nimble. Hard to think he’ll get anything less than 50% of the run going forward.

• Thanks 1