Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Carlos Hyde traded to Texans

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Hyde is 6' and 236 (even bigger than Lamar Miller at 5'10" and 225).

You can expect Hyde to get approximately the touches that Miller had last season (235, although Miller missed two games) while Johnson gets approximately the touches vacated by Alfred Blue (170).

If thy give Hyde that many att, that run game will be stagnant.  

I think the Duke j will be the one to have the most rush att.  

Now not many more, but he brings a better upside to the team that will show as the season flows. 

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If I own Duke, and Hyde is getting just ten att a game, I’m very very pleased with that. 

Everone needs a breather. 

Yeah, 10 per game is probly a little skinny.  Miller was getting 15 a game; I would expect Hyde to be in that 13-14 range.

I thought Hyde was decent while with the Browns and I think he'll be decent In Houston. Right now as far as fantasy goes he's a bye week filler at best.

Who's the 3rd string RB for the Texans?

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

Who's the 3rd string RB for the Texans?

Hyde.

Or Taiwan Jones....

13 hours ago, stonewall said:

As you know, I expect The Duke to have a better FF season than most.

However, I am currently only correcting common misconceptions about him.....mainly that he is undersized (he in't), and that he has a lengthy injury history, specifically concussions (Has never missed an NFL game and had only one diagnosed concussion back in August of 2015).

Of course injuries are hard to accurately predict but, admittedly, Sports Injury Predictor has him with a 42.9& chance of injury this season. Fortunately, there are 60 other RB's given a greater chance of injury this year, including Hyde with 57.7% chance.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/rankings?InjuryPredictorRankingsForm[position]=RB

strange. I was sure he had a serious concussion which caused him to drop in the draft but I'm not seeing it here.

I found some articles where he had entered concussion protocol 2 other times that did not result in time missed (not listed on sport injury predictor)  but I was positive he had a major concussion in college, but cannot find the link now.

At this point I have to conclude that It is very possible that I got him mixed up with someone else. 

If that is the case, you will all have to accept my apologies.

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

If I own Duke, and Hyde is getting just ten att a game, I’m very very pleased with that. 

i agree, of the two I would rather have Duke, although it will be interesting to see who they allow to salt the game away if they have a big lead... is this Hyde to keep Duke fresh? It is hard to say, as I know the texans have playoff aspirations. 

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

strange. I was sure he had a serious concussion which caused him to drop in the draft but I'm not seeing it here.

I found some articles where he had entered concussion protocol 2 other times that did not result in time missed (not listed on sport injury predictor)  but I was positive he had a major concussion in college, but cannot find the link now.

At this point I have to conclude that It is very possible that I got him mixed up with someone else. 

If that is the case, you will all have to accept my apologies.

No worries....

(watch him get concussed in week1....knowing my luck)

On 9/1/2019 at 12:11 PM, AxeElf said:

I would pencil in Hyde for about 950-1000 yards and 6-7 TDs; basically low-end RB2 in the top 25 or so (maybe a little lower in PPR).

With one game to go, Hyde stands with 1,057 rushing yards, 42 receiving yards, and 6 TDs; the #20 RB in standard scoring and the #26 RB in PPR.

You're in good hands with Axe Elf.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:56 PM, jrokh said:

So Carlos Hyde who is on his 4th team in less than a year, and who has never rushed  for 1000 yards even once in his NFL career is going to do so now because you declare it to be? 

You clearly underestimated the power of an Axe Elf proclamation.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:11 PM, jrokh said:

I will remind you of your claim many times this year...

::: crickets :::

For every one you get right you get a bunch more wrong. Dalvin Cook getting injured by week 4, then 5, 6, etc. WRONG. Shady McCoy being fantasy Viable- WRONG. The JETS D being this second half juggernaut- WRONG. Keep patting yourself on the back by cherry picking the one out of ten you luckily get right, that a five-year-old could emulate. Don't let me get in the way of your narcissisms... 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

With one game to go, Hyde stands with 1,057 rushing yards, 42 receiving yards, and 6 TDs; the #20 RB in standard scoring and the #26 RB in PPR.

You're in good hands with Axe Elf.

You clearly underestimated the power of an Axe Elf proclamation.

::: crickets :::

but what did you say about Chubb?

20 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

but what did you say about Chubb?

Not much.  I felt that he was being drafted proportionately to his value as a low-end RB1 in the mid-2nd round, and that's approximately what he delivered--even better in some games.

Axe Elf finds that his time is better spent in correcting disproportionate ADPs than in confirming accurate ones.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, jrokh said:

For every one you get right you get a bunch more wrong. Dalvin Cook getting injured by week 4, then 5, 6, etc. WRONG.

Wrong?  Isn't Dalvin Cook currently injured?  Where was he in the fantasy playoffs?  Elf-savvy owners traded Cook before he destroyed their fantasy seasons with 7.3 total fantasy points in Weeks 15-16.

Shady McCoy being fantasy Viable- WRONG.

Wrong?  The healthy scratch weeks were annoying, to be sure, but McCoy was plenty viable in many of the weeks he played, posting weekly scores of 17.0, 16.9, 15.7, 12.0, 10.3, 10.3 and 9.6 in 7 of the 13 games he played throughout the season.  Overall, his production was within a half-point per game of other fantasy-viable RBs like Sony Michel, Duke Johnson and Matt Breida.

The JETS D being this second half juggernaut- WRONG.

Wrong?  On October 9, Axe Elf wrote:

On 10/9/2019 at 1:54 PM, AxeElf said:

After the next 3-game stretch against Dallas (#1), New England (#11) and Jacksonville (#6), the Jets close out the fantasy season against the Giants (#15), Miami (#31), Washington (#28), Oakland (#21), Cincinnati (#26), Miami (#31), Baltimore (#3), and Pittsburgh (#29).  Even with that game against Baltimore in there, that's an average of #23 for those 8 teams (and an average of #26 without Baltimore). 

So Axe Elf recommended using the Jets defense starting in Week 9, especially if you were currently starting one of the top 3 defenses in the league at that time, New England, San Francisco, or Chicago.  Even though the Jets' best linebacker, C.J. Mosely, did not return to the lineup as expected, let's see how they did compared to those three teams.

...even if you have one of the three defenses that are currently doing better than the Jets, those teams all have tough matchups coming up in weeks where the Jets could bail you out.  The Patriots have a Week 10 bye when the Jets play the Giants, and they play Dallas (#1), Kansas City (#2) and Buffalo (#12) down the playoff stretch in Weeks 12, 14 and 16, when the Jets have Oakland, Miami and Pittsburgh.  The Bears have a TERRIBLE schedule from Week 10 on--Detroit (#8), the Rams (#5), the Giants (#15), Detroit (#8), Dallas (#1), Green Bay (#25), and Kansas City (#2).  San Francisco also has a brutal schedule through the fantasy playoff run, closing their season against Baltimore, New Orleans, Atlanta and the Rams in Weeks 13-16.

Week 9:  NYJ 6, NE 3, CHI 3, SF 2

Week 10:  NYJ 18, NE 0 (bye), CHI 6, SF 19

Week 11:  NYJ 11, NE 12, CHI 7, SF 16

Week 12:  NYJ 17, NE 7, CHI 6, SF 13

Week 13:  NYJ 3, NE 4, CHI 3, SF 5

Week 14:  NYJ 3, NE 7, CHI -1, SF -8

Week 15:  NYJ 3, NE 19, CHI 3, SF 5

Week 16:  NYJ 13, NE 7, CHI 0, SF 6

Week 15 was when the Jets played Baltimore and the Patriots played Cincinnati; Axe Elf had previously singled out this week as an exception to starting the Jets:

...even if you don't like their game with Baltimore in Week 15--Miami is playing the Giants that week; they will almost certainly be available for a Week 15 band-aid.  (And if you're carrying the Patriots or Bears, their Week 15 matchups are playable instead of the Jets against Baltimore.)

So that's 21 matchups (Jets vs 3 teams in 7 weeks) and the Jets won 14 of them, tied 1, and lost 6 (4 of those by only 1 or 2 points).

So really, in only 2 of those 21 matchups were the Jets not as good or better than the Patriots, Bears and 49ers.  The Jets scored 18 with the Patriots on bye, bailed you out with 17 and 13 points when the Patriots played Dallas and Buffalo (7 pts each) in Weeks 12 and 16 as predicted, scored as much or more than the Bears D in every week from Week 9 on, and were better than SF in half of the fantasy playoff weeks from Week 13-16 (and only 2 pts less than SF in each of the other 2 games).

Overall, from Weeks 9-16, the New York Jets were the #3 defense in fantasy football, trailing only Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

Wrong?  I think not.

If you want to find something Axe Elf got wrong this season--you might get lucky and find something somewhere--but you're going to have to look a little further than these three examples of Axe Elf's uncanny prescience.

Never been in a league that had a trade deadline so late that anyone would have been able to trade him, when he started to get banged up.  

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Never been in a league that had a trade deadline so late that anyone would have been able to trade him, when he started to get banged up.  

If you waited THAT long to trade him, you wouldn't get anything for him anyway.

The wise thing to do was to trade him for Kenyan Drake BEFORE he got banged up.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If you waited THAT long to trade him, you wouldn't get anything for him anyway.

The wise thing to do was to trade him for Kenyan Drake BEFORE he got banged up.

It maybe a cool thing to say now, but that actually seems like a foolish thing to do.  Cook was out scoring Drake by a pretty good margin through week 14.  

19 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Wrong?  Isn't Dalvin Cook currently injured?  Where was he in the fantasy playoffs?  Elf-savvy owners traded Cook before he destroyed their fantasy seasons with 7.3 total fantasy points in Weeks 15-16.

Wrong?  The healthy scratch weeks were annoying, to be sure, but McCoy was plenty viable in many of the weeks he played, posting weekly scores of 17.0, 16.9, 15.7, 12.0, 10.3, 10.3 and 9.6 in 7 of the 13 games he played throughout the season.  Overall, his production was within a half-point per game of other fantasy-viable RBs like Sony Michel, Duke Johnson and Matt Breida.

Wrong?  On October 9, Axe Elf wrote:

So Axe Elf recommended using the Jets defense starting in Week 9, especially if you were currently starting one of the top 3 defenses in the league at that time, New England, San Francisco, or Chicago.  Even though the Jets' best linebacker, C.J. Mosely, did not return to the lineup as expected, let's see how they did compared to those three teams.

Week 9:  NYJ 6, NE 3, CHI 3, SF 2

Week 10:  NYJ 18, NE 0 (bye), CHI 6, SF 19

Week 11:  NYJ 11, NE 12, CHI 7, SF 16

Week 12:  NYJ 17, NE 7, CHI 6, SF 13

Week 13:  NYJ 3, NE 4, CHI 3, SF 5

Week 14:  NYJ 3, NE 7, CHI -1, SF -8

Week 15:  NYJ 3, NE 19, CHI 3, SF 5

Week 16:  NYJ 13, NE 7, CHI 0, SF 6

Week 15 was when the Jets played Baltimore and the Patriots played Cincinnati; Axe Elf had previously singled out this week as an exception to starting the Jets:

So that's 21 matchups (Jets vs 3 teams in 7 weeks) and the Jets won 14 of them, tied 1, and lost 6 (4 of those by only 1 or 2 points).

So really, in only 2 of those 21 matchups were the Jets not as good or better than the Patriots, Bears and 49ers.  The Jets scored 18 with the Patriots on bye, bailed you out with 17 and 13 points when the Patriots played Dallas and Buffalo (7 pts each) in Weeks 12 and 16 as predicted, scored as much or more than the Bears D in every week from Week 9 on, and were better than SF in half of the fantasy playoff weeks from Week 13-16 (and only 2 pts less than SF in each of the other 2 games).

Overall, from Weeks 9-16, the New York Jets were the #3 defense in fantasy football, trailing only Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

Wrong?  I think not.

If you want to find something Axe Elf got wrong this season--you might get lucky and find something somewhere--but you're going to have to look a little further than these three examples of Axe Elf's uncanny prescience.

You know Gnome, I think you are wasting your "Talents" in this forum. You would be far more successful as a Propaganda Minister for some third world country like Bolivia or Democratic Republic of Congo. However, if you insist on mediocrity, why not Elf-up and start your own Fantasy site? If you are even 10% as accurate as you pretend to be here, you would be way ahead of everyone else. Better yet, if you actually believe the drivel you serve up go to Vegas and clean up. There are a ton of player prop bets your unique abilities to predict the future would be sure to take advantage of, and you could make a killing. I'm not sure why you insist on wasting your valuable time posting nonsense on a Fantast Football chat board, trying desperately to convince strangers of your mythical and magical powers. Sure you might fool the most simple-minded among us. However, the overwhelming majority here know exactly who and what you are, and most importantly exactly what your Fantasy Football predictions and analysis are worth...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

It maybe a cool thing to say now, but that actually seems like a foolish thing to do.  Cook was out scoring Drake by a pretty good margin through week 14.  

Agreed. 

It makes no. since, week nine drake scored 22 non ppr points, then scored 23 total weeks 10-14.  

Cook scored 11 non ppr points week 9, but weeks 10-14 cooks scored 60 non ppr points during that span. 

Lol it’s just foolish talk.  

During that span of week 10-14 if you traded Cook for Drake you probably missed the playoffs, so Drake last two games was wouldn’t have helped much.  

Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 10:05 AM, jrokh said:

I think you are wasting your "Talents" in this forum. You would be far more successful as a Propaganda Minister for some third world country like Bolivia or Democratic Republic of Congo. However, if you insist on mediocrity, why not Elf-up and start your own Fantasy site? If you are even 10% as accurate as you pretend to be here, you would be way ahead of everyone else. Better yet, if you actually believe the drivel you serve up go to Vegas and clean up. There are a ton of player prop bets your unique abilities to predict the future would be sure to take advantage of, and you could make a killing. I'm not sure why you insist on wasting your valuable time posting nonsense on a Fantast Football chat board, trying desperately to convince strangers of your mythical and magical powers. Sure you might fool the most simple-minded among us. However, the overwhelming majority here know exactly who and what you are, and most importantly exactly what your Fantasy Football predictions and analysis are worth...

Of all the ways to live one's life, spending it telling OTHER people how to live THEIR lives must be one of the most disappointing and least satisfying.  Those holding aloft championship trophies and doing what every other championship class has done since 1994--silently thanking whatever deity they worship that Axe Elf does what he does without questioning WHY Axe Elf does what he does--are much happier people.

Walk in their footsteps, and soon you too will be saying, "Æ, I.O.U!"

That said, Axe Elf's Fantasy Football Emporium & Nightclub ("It's ÆFFEN great!") was launched a couple of years ago--right before a former boss called and begged me to come out of retirement and take a position as the program manager for a state agency of which she had just become the Executive Director.  So it's there, but I've spent zero time marketing or publicizing it, and none of the expected content (start-sit advice that keeps score, Superhero fantasy football, fantasy football poker, fantasy football dating, etc.) has been added yet--right now, it's just a message board.  (I see that weepaws found it, though.)  Now that I've scaled back to part time working from home, maybe I'll have time to develop it more for 2020.

Stay tuned...