Sign in to follow this  
Law

Players you wanted and missd on this draft season

There were several players I wanted a share of and it just didn't work out.

• WR JuJu - gonna be a target machine!
  • WR Godwin - have you seen this pre-season? 100 catches is not unrealistic.
  • WR Westbrook - he seems to be the guy and the price was good.

Were there any players in particular that you went into draft season targeting and it just didn't work out?

Singletary. Got sniped a few picks before I was gonna take him in the 12th.  So mad at myself for not grabbing him in the 11th. He was my #1 late rd target. 

I like the guys you listed, some solid players.  My draft is not until Wednesday night. Many drafts are done way too early, too much can change in a couple days time. I will report back on Thursday.

Devonta Freeman. Like him getting a high percentage of carries, healthy, and in a good offense. He went a 1 and 2 picks ahead of me in my two money leagues. 

Early Rd........RB-Chubb....With Beckham & Landry roaming the secondary, forget 8 in the box, he ran wild last year with less talent

Mid Rd........WR-Samuel-Panthers......In camp he was the best receiver....I think by Season he will also be Panthers top receiver....

Late Rd.....TE-Hockenson......Detroit will be passing the TE's often, playing Vikes-Bears-Packers in 6-games, Hockenson could be a Kittle clone,and only has castoff James to beat 

Chubb

M Williams.  

J Gordon. 

Fournette. Engram or OJ Howard. Got Carson and Jacobs instead at the targeted round of the others.

Aaron Jones, had pick 1 and took Barkley, thought picks 2.10 and 3.01 was too high, but Barkley and Jones share bye week.  Took Cook and AB instead.

Devin Singletary went in the 9th round.

Our draft went off the rails right from the beginning when Mahomes and M Gordon we’re off the board in the first 15 picks. I was hoping for Brandin Cooks as my WR2, but ended up with Golladay instead who’s on like every bust list.  Also wanted to reach on Lamar Jackson in the 8th but he went a pick before me. 

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Westbrook he was there and I passed on him in the 7th  thinking he'll make it back to me in the 8th. Wrong.  

who did you pick instead?

i can see having to flip between dede and a qb.

8 hours ago, unclemercy said:

who did you pick instead?

i can see having to flip between dede and a qb.

Justice Hill slot of rb were kept and everyone was going rb. I fallowed suit. 

I just don't see why Westbrook is getting so much love. There are 3 other talented receivers on the roster. Foles usually doesn't just lean on one receiver. He goes for who he thinks is open because he surveys the field. He isn't a lock onto one receiver type qb

thats a really difficult stat to access compile and compare vs league avgs unless you have an easier way than cross referencing nflsavant and pfr but he most certainly favors one wr and the te through his last two seasons and while with the rams so im not sure what youre skewing towards? drafting keelan cole?

41 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I just don't see why Westbrook is getting so much love. There are 3 other talented receivers on the roster. Foles usually doesn't just lean on one receiver. He goes for who he thinks is open because he surveys the field. He isn't a lock onto one receiver type qb

He is their number one wr and has shown chemistry with foles so far in preseason. Plus. 

Westbrook operated in the slot on 92.1% of his routes in 2018 and garnered 93 of his 101 targets while performing inside.  Foles launched 70.9% of his passes in the direction of Eagle slot receivers last season, which was second only to Jared Goff.

See how that could translate into some pretty good numbers after the big names are gone?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

He is their number one wr and has shown chemistry with foles so far in preseason. Plus. 

Westbrook operated in the slot on 92.1% of his routes in 2018 and garnered 93 of his 101 targets while performing inside.  Foles launched 70.9% of his passes in the direction of Eagle slot receivers last season, which was second only to Jared Goff.

See how that could translate into some pretty good numbers after the big names are gone?

I do agree that it could mean good numbers, but there are 3 other legit options at receiver on that offense who he can throw to. It's just too early for me.

15 hours ago, vash1012 said:

Our draft went off the rails right from the beginning when Mahomes and M Gordon we’re off the board in the first 15 picks. I was hoping for Brandin Cooks as my WR2, but ended up with Golladay instead who’s on like every bust list.  Also wanted to reach on Lamar Jackson in the 8th but he went a pick before me. 

I think Golladay will have a solid  2019 season...In 2018 and not playing a full season he was just shy of 1,100yds......Most receivers in there 3rd season are fully in tune with the QB & fully grasp the  offense, ..My opinion Golladay will have a breakout 3rd season... 

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I do agree that it could mean good numbers, but there are 3 other legit options at receiver on that offense who he can throw to. It's just too early for me.

Lets break it down like this. Foles passes to the SLUT (heehehe) 70% of his time. Dede runs from the SLUT almost exclusively. Lets put nick foles at the top end of his career numbers of 2800 yards passing.(which would be at the back end of starters)  70% of 2800 is 1960 yards thinking that he would score 7-10 times. Lets say foles only throws for 2000 yards. That is still 1400 yards putting him just behind Michael Thomas and in front of Devante Adams.  The top end would be put him in Julio Jones territory. From pretty late in most drafts. 

14 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Lets break it down like this. Foles passes to the SLUT (heehehe) 70% of his time. Dede runs from the SLUT almost exclusively. Lets put nick foles at the top end of his career numbers of 2800 yards passing.(which would be at the back end of starters)  70% of 2800 is 1960 yards thinking that he would score 7-10 times. Lets say foles only throws for 2000 yards. That is still 1400 yards putting him just behind Michael Thomas and in front of Devante Adams.  The top end would be put him in Julio Jones territory. From pretty late in most drafts. 

Yeah that math is pretty fuzzy

14 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah that math is pretty fuzzy

Blake Bortles had 2700 yards last year with this team. Are we saying that foles is at least as good or better than bortles? If so are we saying that he is suddenly going to stop throwing to the slut wr who happens to be the most productive wrs they have? Can I just not count? Did I put the calculations into google wrong? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xxxdog said:

I think Golladay will have a solid  2019 season...In 2018 and not playing a full season he was just shy of 1,100yds......Most receivers in there 3rd season are fully in tune with the QB & fully grasp the  offense, ..My opinion Golladay will have a breakout 3rd season... 

its a new offense fwiw

I wanted Barkley.  In all my drafts, I have not been in the top 4 selections once this year.  Normally I get the 1.01 at least once, but not even close this time around.  I think the Giants will score more than people think and when they do get down by a lot, he's a great receiver.  It's just a no lose situation for him and I consider him to be one of the safest picks in the draft.  That's what I want out of my first pick. 

Had the #1 overall pick this year snake draft.  Which means, in many cases, that a target with an ADP of mid odd rounds through mid even rounds difficult to target: example 3.6  - 4.6, I'd have to reach for at 2.12 or 3.1, so I basically made my best value picks I could at the time knowing that it would be 23 picks later for me.  That said, there were a few guys I was really hoping to fall to me in the even rounds.  Some getting sniped right before me...

Mike Evans 

David Montgomery

Lamar Jackson

Justice Hill

Those were the ones that left a mark LOL.  

Kamara, but I didn’t have the first pick. 

I was 9th.  

From Rotoworld

Start of the Week: Dede Westbrook vs. Chiefs: Westbrook was the talk of Jaguars camp among wideouts and seems to be the only one that had an overall consistent summer. Offensive coaches praised his route-running chops multiple times with OC John DeFilippo labeling Westbrook the “best he’d ever seen” in that area. In the Jaguars’ third preseason contest, the lone game action Nick Foles saw in August, Westbrook was targeted on seven of Foles’ 10 pass attempts and produced a 4-29-1 line in a little over a quarter of work. Westbrook will man the slot for the Jaguars this season and settle in as Foles’ safety blanket on high-percentage throws. Chiefs-Jaguars features a 51.5-point total, the second-highest of Week 1. The Chiefs were 31st in opponent plays per game in 2018, so the Jacksonville offense figures to see plenty of volume Sunday. When these two teams met last Week 5, the Jaguars ripped off 83 offensive plays, their highest mark of the season. This year’s Jacksonville pass offense figures to go through Westbrook. He’s a legitimate candidate for 110-plus targets while Chris Conley and D.J. Charkserve as outside lid-lifters on shot plays and sporadic volume. Westbrook will do battle with Kansas City slot CB Kendall Fuller in this one. Among qualified slot corners last season, Fuller yielded the most catches for the most yards and a 110.5 passer rating in his coverage. Only the Jets, Saints, and Eagles surrendered more catches than the Chiefs to opposing wideouts. Westbrook was a college dominator and is poised for a third-year lift-off.

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

From Rotoworld

Start of the Week: Dede Westbrook vs. Chiefs: Westbrook was the talk of Jaguars camp among wideouts and seems to be the only one that had an overall consistent summer. Offensive coaches praised his route-running chops multiple times with OC John DeFilippo labeling Westbrook the “best he’d ever seen” in that area. In the Jaguars’ third preseason contest, the lone game action Nick Foles saw in August, Westbrook was targeted on seven of Foles’ 10 pass attempts and produced a 4-29-1 line in a little over a quarter of work. Westbrook will man the slot for the Jaguars this season and settle in as Foles’ safety blanket on high-percentage throws. Chiefs-Jaguars features a 51.5-point total, the second-highest of Week 1. The Chiefs were 31st in opponent plays per game in 2018, so the Jacksonville offense figures to see plenty of volume Sunday. When these two teams met last Week 5, the Jaguars ripped off 83 offensive plays, their highest mark of the season. This year’s Jacksonville pass offense figures to go through Westbrook. He’s a legitimate candidate for 110-plus targets while Chris Conley and D.J. Charkserve as outside lid-lifters on shot plays and sporadic volume. Westbrook will do battle with Kansas City slot CB Kendall Fuller in this one. Among qualified slot corners last season, Fuller yielded the most catches for the most yards and a 110.5 passer rating in his coverage. Only the Jets, Saints, and Eagles surrendered more catches than the Chiefs to opposing wideouts. Westbrook was a college dominator and is poised for a third-year lift-off.

full ppr this week michel williams or westbrook... pick 2