NPNG

What's the thoughts on David Montgomery?

3 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

From week 10 to 16, Chicago will be facing the bottom half (ranking: 30,17,23,30,16,27,29) of the league rushing defense.  I actually think he'll have a strong finish.

He can but I'm worried about consistency.  I don't trust the play calling of the Bears.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He can but I'm worried about consistency.  I don't trust the play calling of the Bears.

The game was lost by Nagy  killing the clock settling for a missed field goal;...Montgomery did his part with a real opportunity and a heavy workload, even with the poor play of the QB, I except a similar script next week even against a stout Philly D ...Bears should have won featuring Montgomery and its tough defense which is a basic formula of clock management  when you have weak QB production...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

From week 10 to 16, Chicago will be facing the bottom half (ranking: 30,17,23,30,16,27,29) of the league rushing defense.  I actually think he'll have a strong finish.

David Montgomery does indeed have a very favorable strength of schedule down the stretch. 

Matt Nagy just tries to get too cute with his play calling, which has limited Montgomery's opportunities.   Even in the 2nd quarter of yesterday's game, Nagy gave Tarik Cohen and Cordarrelle Patterson touches inside the 10-yard line.   And to illustrate Nagy's lack of faith in Trubisky, on 3rd and goal at the 9-yard line he gives Cohen a rushing attempt that gained two yards.   

Brutal.    

I dropped him after sucking for 7 straight weeks, so Nagy decided to utilize him correctly.

Trade him, no no no blind one, heck with the 2.9 avg. 

Hes the offense, and Trub stinks. 

I don’t care what these Bears fans say he stinks. 

Waving hello to seafoam. 

That Eagles run offense is tough.  Not sure if it's a good time to trade him with the soft schedule coming up.  He's the only real offense on the team.

Heads up:

DMont was a DNP today, after he "lightly rolled" an ankle in practice yesterday. Since releasing Mike Davis, the next man up if DMont can't go is Ryan Nall, the 240 lb plow.

28 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Heads up:

DMont was a DNP today, after he "lightly rolled" an ankle in practice yesterday. Since releasing Mike Davis, the next man up if DMont can't go is Ryan Nall, the 240 lb plow.

A glimmer of hope for you!

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

A glimmer of hope for you!

I knew it wouldn't take long for the Axe to arrive with some poorly attempted antagonism, lol.

Actually, I am hoping he is a full go. Have Carson and Henry on byes in a few leagues....with a heckuva lot more than 25 bucks on the line. 

Congratulations to Axe on winning our $25 bet. DMont, indeed, will not finish top12. Flirted around with top 20 off and on, but simply couldn't get it done, plain and simple. No excuses necessary.

As a man of my word, I will pay you your winnings....simply PM me your paypal address. 

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Yeah truly a disappointment.  

I still managed to finish first and win the league with him.  Only got one decent week out of him.  He rode my bench all year.   Never would’ve drafted him if I saw this thread in time.  

I went DJ, Evans, Carson, Montgomery, Henry with my first 5 picks.  Busted big on DJ and Monty.  Lamar Jackson saved my ass (I drafted him to be my back up)!

Axe hasn’t been around since the playoffs started.  He probably got eliminated.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:21 PM, AxeElf said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he and Carlos Hyde finish with approximately the same fantasy points.

With one week to go, Montgomery is currently the #25 PPR RB with 153.1 pts, and Hyde is the #26 PPR RB with 151.9 pts.  I'd say a 1.2 point difference qualifies as "approximately equal"--some might even call it "pinpoint accuracy."

You're in good hands with Axe Elf.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:05 PM, jrokh said:

I guess you are exposed as just another fool, yapping up on this bored, who likes to write checks his butt can't cash. Don't worry Axe-Elf Impersonator, I will be here to remind you of your gutless predictions regardless...

::: crickets :::

On 9/3/2019 at 4:23 PM, Skinny_Bastard said:

Barring injuries there is 0 chance Carlos Hyde will finish the season within 60 points from DM.  0!!!

On 9/3/2019 at 6:15 PM, Skinny_Bastard said:

Hyde isn't going to get enough carries to sniff 500 yards.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:18 PM, unclemercy said:

lol at hydes 7tds 

On 12/23/2019 at 10:51 PM, stonewall said:

Congratulations to Axe on winning our $25 bet. DMont, indeed, will not finish top12. Flirted around with top 20 off and on, but simply couldn't get it done, plain and simple. No excuses necessary.

As a man of my word, I will pay you your winnings....simply PM me your paypal address. 

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

First off, let me say that I have come to respect Stonewall as one of the better writers on this site over the course of the season.  His fantasy instincts are matched by your average cephalopod, to be sure (Darwin Thompson???), but at least he doesn't engage in the petty bickering and language crimes committed by a large percentage of the FFToday clientele.  He takes another step up in being responsible for paying off his bet with me; kudos indeed.

On David Montgomery in general, he was touted on his elusiveness, but I really didn't see anything out of him this year that screamed elusiveness.  In fact, if I was surprised by anything about David Montgomery this year, it was the number of touches he received.  Of course, the early departure of Mike Davis helped, but with one week to go, Montgomery currently stands with 219 carries.  Still, he only has 776 rushing yards to show for them--a pathetic average of 3.5 yards per carry.  In fact, in a full 8 of the 15 games he has played (so far), Montgomery has Leroy Hoarded his way to 3.0 yards per carry or less.  Elusive?  Not so much.

It will be interesting to see what changes the Bears make in the offseason, but so far I haven't seen anything from David Montgomery to suggest he is going to be any kind of special.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:54 PM, nobody said:

Axe hasn’t been around since the playoffs started.  He probably got eliminated.

On 12/17/2019 at 1:15 PM, AxeElf said:

Not gonna type out all the rosters, but I'll have 8 of my 15 managed teams in their respective Championship games.  It probly shoulda been 10 out of 15, but I lost one semi by 5 points because I played McCoy over Hyde (and because my opponent started Drake); the other one is a longer story.  I can't complain, though; I won another semi by 0.5 points when my opponent couldn't get the 24.8 points he needed to overtake me from his late-game trio of Josh Allen (16.4), Marlon Mack (1.9) and the Saints D (6.0--thank you Colts for the garbage TD to avoid the shutout!).  Maybe the sweetest win came after watching Lamar Jackson post 47 points against me on Thursday, only to counter with Winston's 56!  (He had Gurley and the Patriots' D, too.)

So that's about $4k hanging in the balance of next week's games, from a $1.3k investment this season.

Oh, and I should see $150 back from the $100 invested in five DraftMaster leagues, too--one first place and one second place, barring something crazy.  A couple of my DM teams took some pretty bad injuries late in the season that dropped them from contention.

So I guess you could say that half of my teams (10 out of 20) will finish either 1st or 2nd in their leagues (and it probly shoulda been 12).

9 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Would 150+ 2 TD change final numbers or bet?

With Houston benching their starters for the meaningless Titans game today, it obviously creates the illusion that Montgomery was a few points better than Hyde this season, but it would take another 250+ yards for Montgomery to sniff the top 12 in standard scoring, so no effect on the bet.

On 12/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, AxeElf said:

With one week to go, Montgomery is currently the #25 PPR RB with 153.1 pts, and Hyde is the #26 PPR RB with 151.9 pts.  I'd say a 1.2 point difference qualifies as "approximately equal"--some might even call it "pinpoint accuracy."

You're in good hands with Axe Elf.

Montgomery's big Week 17 while Carlos Hyde sat out did indeed create some 17 points of separation between them in PPR scoring.  Somewhat ironically, however, it caused David Montgomery to finish the year as the #22 non-PPR RB with 145.4 points, and Carlos Hyde to finish the year as the #23 non-PPR RB with 143.2 points.  Again, the 2.2 point difference and their consecutive rankings still qualifies as "approximately equal"--some might even call it "pinpoint accuracy."

33 minutes ago, nobody said:

Sorry.  Needs to be 2.0 and under for pinpoint accuracy.

I didn't say EVERYONE WOULD call it pinpoint accuracy; I said "some might."  You're apparently one of the picky bastids.