Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

The hate on AJ Green has gone too far

In 8 games last year with terrible coaching, his starting QB out for some of it... he averaged 85 yrds a game and scored 6 TD's

Just before he got his contract extension he gets hurt. Even if it takes till week 4, he is going to ball out in the new system.

I read all the time, he is a DND for me, I wouldn't  take him in the 10th round.

I got him in the 6th, and super excited

• Like 1

Yeah, if he misses 2-3 games and stays healthy the rest of the year, he's becoming kind of stealish at his falling ADP... but staying healthy the rest of the year is a big if.

Just now, AxeElf said:

Yeah, if he misses 2-3 games and stays healthy the rest of the year, he's becoming kind of stealish at his falling ADP... but staying healthy the rest of the year is a big if.

for sure, fingers crossed. He is a beast through, and didn't slow down at all last year... in that crappy system. 

Passed on Green early 6th, only to have him fall to me early 8th. Had to draft him at that point. Probably out til at least week 2, and not startable until week 4 or 5.?.  If he can regain form, great. At worst he won't be any different than the crappy 8th round WRs I could've drafted.

19 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Hope it works out for you.

I, personally, would rather have Lockett or Mike Williams in that range

Lockett has never been available in rd 6, not one time in any mock. Williams occasionally is there. AJ Green much more likely, which is the point. My league has an IR spot so I'll give him a look, but I'd rather go QB with Baker over him anyway.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Hope it works out for you.

I, personally, would rather have Lockett or Mike Williams in that range

It was late 6th.. those guys were gone. I went 3 RB's in the 1st 4 rounds, so I had to swing for the fences. If he can stay healthy he will regain #1 status, he is totally motivated... millions on the line. 

3 minutes ago, snatchit said:

It was late 6th.. those guys were gone. I went 3 RB's in the 1st 4 rounds, so I had to swing for the fences. If he can stay healthy he will regain #1 status, he is totally motivated... millions on the line. 

10-4. 

It could work.....just super dicey imho.

Best of luck.

Only problem I have with A Green is his lack of ability to stay on the field. 

On the little board many our tryimg to use his value as trade bait. 

When he’s the field he’s darn good, but I don’t see how anyond can take him and trust he will stay healthy. 

it was a minor surgery and he is about the same age as Julio Jones and Antonio Brown... are they too old as well ?

7 minutes ago, snatchit said:

it was a minor surgery and he is about the same age as Julio Jones and Antonio Brown... are they too old as well ?

I'd strike that remark....

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Only problem I have with A Green is his lack of ability to stay on the field. 

On the little board many our tryimg to use his value as trade bait. 

When he’s the field he’s darn good, but I don’t see how anyond can take him and trust he will stay healthy. 

This is my concern with Green  as well.

Missed just 1 game in first 3 years including 2 top5 seasons of 1300+/11

Since then has played 16 games just 2 of 5 season; missing 3 games in 2014, 6 in 2016, 7 in 2018, then likely 2-4 at least for 2019.

Could pay off big if he lives up to billing when he does play,  but  he'd likely be off board before I'd consider taking him.

Diffently agree he’s worth a flyer. 

I traded for jimmy grahm and john brown for him. Both were just reserve depth anyway so I can sit on green till he rebounds. Plus I got both jimmy and brown really late. 

14 hours ago, snatchit said:

In 8 games last year with terrible coaching, his starting QB out for some of it... he averaged 85 yrds a game and scored 6 TD's

Just before he got his contract extension he gets hurt. Even if it takes till week 4, he is going to ball out in the new system.

I read all the time, he is a DND for me, I wouldn't  take him in the 10th round.

In this scenario, the 6th round, he's a great roster addition.  From what I've read on here, people were saying don't touch him before the 4th.  I didn't see many DND posts with his name being mentioned.  Passing on him in the 6th would be foolish.  I'll still go with what I've been saying from the start;  If you can draft him after the 4th, do so.  Not sooner though.  And, when he returns, you can likely trade him for serious value as people always remember guys like Green for their heyday.  I expect him to have some value the week prior to returning.  

Is there any word as to when Green might get back? I haven't seen anything giving any kind of an estimate or whatever.

it was said on sirius "fantasy radio channel" (or whatever it is called) that AJ Green was out of his boot and walking and/or jogging on a treadmill TODAY....

3 minutes ago, cavern said:

it was said on sirius "fantasy radio channel" (or whatever it is called) that AJ Green was out of his boot and walking and/or jogging on a treadmill TODAY....

I would expect him to be back in Week 4.  There's an outside shot at Week 3, but I probably wouldn't trust him until Week 4.

On 9/1/2019 at 8:50 PM, AxeElf said:

Very true, Axe.   

I took A.J in the 6th round in a 12-teamer and feeling really good about it.   

23 minutes ago, CrymsonTyde said:

Are you guys still holding on to AJ?  Was wondering if I should consider dumping him for Shepard/Scantling/Agholar.

I would probably still hold; the Bengals' passing game has been pretty hot so far.

The only one of those three I would consider to replace him would be Shepard, because Daniel Jones seems dialed in on him--but that may change when Tate is active and Latimer is healthy.

I'm amazed that Shepard is available, though.  Gotta love the six-teamers!

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I would probably still hold; the Bengals' passing game has been pretty hot so far.

The only one of those three I would consider to replace him would be Shepard, because Daniel Jones seems dialed in on him--but that may change when Tate is active and Latimer is healthy.

I'm amazed that Shepard is available, though.  Gotta love the six-teamers!

I knew that joke was coming.  Started to put a disclaimer on Shepard, but...😀

If you have been holding him this long, you need to keep him. 

Just now, weepaws said:

If you have been holding him this long, you need to keep him. 

yeah - certainly when i drafted AJ it was with "mid season" in mind.  doesn't make sense to cut bait now - barring some sort of roster emergency that necessitates it

I've been holding onto AJ in 2 of 3 leagues.  In one I'll have Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill (via pending trade), AJ Green and Emmanuel Sanders.  In the other Keenan Allen, Tyler Lockett, Cooper Kupp and AJ.  I was as all-in on him as I could be.  Next week or two should start producing some news on him and I expect he'll be eased back in a bit slowly.  But hopefully by season end he's the AJ he used to be (well, the uninjured version).  

16 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

I've been holding onto AJ in 2 of 3 leagues.  In one I'll have Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill (via pending trade), AJ Green and Emmanuel Sanders.  In the other Keenan Allen, Tyler Lockett, Cooper Kupp and AJ.  I was as all-in on him as I could be.  Next week or two should start producing some news on him and I expect he'll be eased back in a bit slowly.  But hopefully by season end he's the AJ he used to be (well, the uninjured version).  

The pass-happy Cincinnati offense should have Green holders drooling. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The pass-happy Cincinnati offense should have Green holders drooling. 

Dalton has thrown big passing yards this year.  Green would've blown up.

The Bengals won't commit on a time-line... "he's making progress" - same all season.  Green was expected out 4 to 8 weeks on draft day... seems closer to 8 weeks at this point. Going to be hard to start him his first start, and Bengals have a bye week in week 9. 

I regret this pick now... even in the 8th round. Green (31 y.o.) recovering from torn ankle ligaments, has to be damn good week 10 through 16 to justify the pick and for being a giant bench hog.  But I'm all in now - go bengals.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

The Bengals won't commit on a time-line... "he's making progress" - same all season.  Green was expected out 4 to 8 weeks on draft day...

It was s'posed to be 8 weeks from the opening of training camp, when the injury occurred.  I've been expecting him back in Week 4-5 all along.  It's looking more like Week 5 now.  I'll even give him Week 6.  If I'm not starting him by Week 7, I'll be disappointed.

Lol maybe if you own him you can shop him. 

First year for our IR spot, which is currently being occupied by AJ, so it's working out well as far as not being a problem for roster spots. I am waiting patiently to trot him out as my flex. Having the WR package of Evans, Thielen, McLaurin and AJ will be pretty solid come late season/playoff time.

I only have him in one league, and it's a redraft where I got him late, so not a big deal.  I'm hoping he comes back and gets rolling prior to the fantasy playoffs.  If it's week 10, so be it.  I don't think he's needed by many fantasy owners as late as he was going, so nothing lost, but he could be a nice addition for the playoff run.

On that note, with his injuries piling up these past few years, and the fact he will be 32, this is the last year I would take a chance on him unless he falls really late in drafts again next year.  In my dynasty leagues, the owners can't even get a 2nd round rookie draft pick for him.  His value currently is non-existent.  As always though, it will change if he comes back and has a couple decent games.

15 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

He's peaked.

At 32 years old, his numbers going to be like Larry Fitz.  1,000 yards 5-6 TD a season.

The 36 year old Fitzgerald is currently on pace for 1,349 yards and 11 TDs this season.

34 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The 36 year old Fitzgerald is currently on pace for 1,349 yards and 11 TDs this season.

your older players usually perform well early in the year.  as the year wears on, the stats usually fade or they get hurt.

I wouldnt project his current pace to the end of the year.   I'd predict 1000 yards and somewhere in the range of 7-10 TD.   Still decent, but not elite.

21 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

your older players usually perform well early in the year.  as the year wears on, the stats usually fade or they get hurt.

I wouldnt project his current pace to the end of the year.   I'd predict 1000 yards and somewhere in the range of 7-10 TD.   Still decent, but not elite.

Fitz has also feasted in garbage time in a couple of games so far, so I agree that he is probably ahead of what will eventually be his year-long stats.

I sold high on him this morning, packaging him and Olsen for Le'Veon Bell and DK Metcalf--age for youth at WR, and depth at TE for badly needed RB help (I still have Hooper and Watson, and this is a 16 team league where I lost Lamar Miller in preseason, leaving me with only Chris Carson and Chris Thompson as viable RBs).