Sign in to follow this  
Meatscarf

Is this a suicide mission??

Pick 11 in 12 team redraft . Ppr and QBs gets 6 pts for Td passes. Am I losing my mind ?? I might go Kelce/Mahomes. I will have top players at 2 positions. I know Qb is deep and there’s value but his offense has only become more explosive. Thoughts welcomed

2 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

kelce is arguable but i wouldnt stack at the turn would much rather go wr wr or wr rb. ppr i may lean julio and juju.

IDK, I went Hopkins/JuJu from the 9 spot, and got stuck with Henry and Mack as my starting RBs

But no, I wouldn't do that stack there either.  

in a total redraft league I would take the risk. What have you got to lose. You will have top 2 in their positions and both seem safe. 

Yes, I would highly recommend that move. 

Grab Carson and Montgomery next 2 rounds if available (D. Henry if one is gone), then Mike Williams and Lockett.

Grab DWill if he drops far enough.....and Mecole Hardman as a late flier.

A Reach? Perhaps in the eyes of the pre-season prognosticators....but for those who reject group-think, you are actually reaching for the Championship!

• Like 1

But let’s say the guy picking 3 is able to now start Kamara, Kelce, Mahomes?? Shouldn’t I make them pick the right wr/rb out of those guys that are bunched together?

2 minutes ago, Meatscarf said:

Thanks Hook and Stonewall... gotta think outside the box sometimes

No Problem.

This season, particularly where Mahomie is concerned, thinking outside the box may well put you in the winners circle.

i guess i shouldnt be so flip. if you dont think you can stream qbs and tes in order to keep up yes do this. i cant see rostering a winning team taking qb te first two rounds.

I realize i’ll be weaker at rb ( but I  hate taking a rb in 1st , esp late and having him get hurt) and I feel wrs are deep. I can load up on the likes of  Freeman, Monty,Sanders, White, Jacobs, Breida maybe get lucky with better options , who knows. And WRs could be the likes of Williams, Godwin,Boyd,Edelman,Westbrook, Ridley ,  maybe i’m Hoping I can make all this happens , who knows. 

1 minute ago, Meatscarf said:

I realize i’ll be weaker at rb ( but I  hate taking a rb in 1st , esp late and having him get hurt) and I feel wrs are deep. I can load up on the likes of  Freeman, Monty,Sanders, White, Jacobs, Breida maybe get lucky with better options , who knows. And WRs could be the likes of Williams, Godwin,Boyd,Edelman,Westbrook, Ridley ,  maybe i’m Hoping I can make all this happens , who knows. 

I've done things like that in drafts before, but it's always been in smaller leagues (10 man).  I think you'd need to get lucky on a few RBs and WRs.  If you go Mahomes/Kelce, your top 4 picks will be those two, and something like Jacobs and Edelman.  Would that be better than if you went like:  Connor or Mixon, Schuster, Kittle, and Watson or Ryan?

One more thing, it's impossible to know how anything's going to play out.  I won the championship in a league last year with Mahomes (who I got real late), Connor (who I got real late), CJ Anderson (since gurley died), Kittle (who was my backup TE on draft day), and Robert freakin Foster in my final lineup

3 minutes ago, Meatscarf said:

True , that’s what I have to decide. What looks better after 4 rounds

And the downside to the 'balanced' example is you don't have the 'best' at any position.  I wouldn't worry too much about WRs if you do the stack.  There's lots of them.  RBs may give you headaches though.

If I have to pick one of those 2 to take do I take Mahomes( most likely highest scorer again this year) or Kelce ( Best TE) ?  I haven’t heard anyone say “ Mixon put up 40 on me and I lost” but Mahomes will keep people up on Sunday night if they have a 40 pt lead on me 

Nope I wouldn’t do it.  

You will be chasing WRs and Rbs the rest of the draft.  

I don’t recommend do it.  

Maybe. 

This season hasn’t played out yet, how many times to we see repeat ff leaders from one season to another. 

3 minutes ago, Meatscarf said:

Not playing the stack angle , it’s just working out that way because they are the best at their position

If you rank those guys higher than the RBs and WR's available then you should take them it's your rankings and your team. I don't like chasing last year's stats, I'd rather chase this year's stats...

4 minutes ago, Meatscarf said:

If I have to pick one of those 2 to take do I take Mahomes( most likely highest scorer again this year) or Kelce ( Best TE) ?  I haven’t heard anyone say “ Mixon put up 40 on me and I lost” but Mahomes will keep people up on Sunday night if they have a 40 pt lead on me 

True, but if you're starting the likes of Matt Brieda and Calvin Ridley you may be down 80 on Sunday night.

I love mahomes, but don''t think I could take him in the 1st or 2nd.  There's even a chance he's there in the 3rd for you.  If you're lucky, you could go like Kelce, Cook, Mahomes, then get a WR in the 4th.  I believe Mahomes went 3.07 in my draft today

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Do you one better.....actually team

https://fantasy.nfl.com/league/16335/team/9

All in on the KC offense eh, not a bad strategy.  Your season may come down to that Gordon pick...if the dude is right in the head and stays, he's at least a WR2.  Swing for the fences Stonewall...

6 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

All in on the KC offense eh, not a bad strategy.  Your season may come down to that Gordon pick...if the dude is right in the head and stays, he's at least a WR2.  Swing for the fences Stonewall...

Word up.....all in

(although, admittedly, it was looking a lot better before that Shady acquisition)

idk the link didnt work. 

who are the last qbs and tes to repeat as top ff producers in the past two decades? ill wait. 

its kinda arguable to take them 1 & 2 even if they did repeat vs the trade off and points vs replacement.

Actually looks like Kelce has done it the last three seasons.  

And it looks since 2010.  It’s been either Graham, Gronk , and Kelce.  So the top tes seem to stay on top, baring injury.  

Interesting. 

Looks like the last time a qb repeated was D Bress, 2011, 2012.  

I tried Gates and Vick one year and that wasn't even round 1 and 2 and it was the worst team I ever had and both players were no where near the top of their positions like the year before.  I'd still do it for Kelce and Mahomes though.

Well, draft is over and I chickened out . This is my squad from the 11 spot in a 12 team redraft Ppr . 2rbs,2wrs, 1Te, 1Qb, and 1 flex..... Rivers, Carson, Sanders,Breida,Hunt, Harris(NE), Brown( Rams), Guice, Thomas,ODB,Edelman, Scantling, McDonald at TE. Overall happy with team , need some RBs to work out but that’s what happens when you wait on RBs 

Carson at 3.11 and Edelman at 4.2..... took Carson over Monty and Jones then they went back to back so I took Edelman for my flex instead of filling my other starting Rb spot with the likes of Ingram, Mack, White,Coleman,Gordon or Ekeler

thats what i was getting at top end wr wr with carson and monty seems dreamy to me even if i wind up with goff and weller later rounds after adding depth. the mahommes kelce team cant compete unless they smash later round wrs.

Well, in the end, much talk about nothing.....

You are lucky Carson fell to the late 3rd, or you might not even have a prayer. I think Ingram was the pick in the 4th, backed up with Justice Hill later. That Raven run game is gonna roll. Would have taken a shot with Mack there also. I also believe the Penny cuff should have been vital to you.

If Miles works out, it improves your chances. However whenever I think Rivers/McDonald vs Mahomie/Kelce...I kinda cringe a bit.

Good luck this season. Anything can happen in FF....and often does.

It’s not the end of the world, worst case scenario you still get two top tier players. Just need to put extra work ranking your mid tier RBs and WRs and take the top guy on your list every round from 3 on.

3 hours ago, Meatscarf said:

Carson at 3.11 and Edelman at 4.2..... took Carson over Monty and Jones then they went back to back so I took Edelman for my flex instead of filling my other starting Rb spot with the likes of Ingram, Mack, White,Coleman,Gordon or Ekeler

Based on the fact that you ended up with Sanders at rb, taking Edelman for the flex was a very good play.  

I like Sanders more then I like Ingram and or Mack. 

I liked Mack a lot until Luck left the game. 

Hey good job, and good luck. 

2 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Who were your first 2 picks??

M. Thomas and OBJ, I assume....

3 minutes ago, stonewall said:

M. Thomas and OBJ, I assume....

I missed Thomas.  Ya, I made the same (I assume) mistake in drafting 2 WRs in the first 2 rounds (9th of 12th).  I got crippled with Henry, Mack, Mccoy as my top 3 RBs.  Not good.  I'm honestly thinking, even if it's a Connor, Mixon, etc, you gotta get a RB in the first rd.