Sign in to follow this  
Cretins

Buffalo RBs

With all the talk of McCoy's impact in KC, there's little about how things are going to shake up in Buffalo.   Are we looking at Gore providing the veteran experience to groom Singletary? Or is Singletary going to be given the reins right off the bat?  I haven't been following Bills camp at all to know how they've each been looking, but gut says the season starts with Gore starting with a slow transition to Singletary taking more and more snaps as the season goes along.

At beginning it will be 50/50 split.

60/40. 

Gore still is at the very least average.

i would bet DS will be more valuable/playable as the season goes. 

I am in a 200 auction Wednesday.

We start a combo of 7

RB/WR/TE s

A deep league.

i would love to get both 

D.Samuel and Singletary 

if I really want them which I do .

i will only be able to get 2 stars.

Hopkins

chubb

then I will be able to get ALL “my”

guys.

Rush att I think it’s Gore early in the season.  

Then it’s going to be a 50/50.  

I’d stay away from the Bills fantasy backfield unless it’s a really late pick or you have room to just try out a guy.  No way this fares well from a fantasy perspective.  Josh Allen will vulture some short TDS too.  

I think Singletary will be the man. 

He likely splits with Gore early but by midseason he will be the full on starter.

I've seen some tape on the kid and he passes the eye test.

6 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think Singletary will be the man. 

He likely splits with Gore early but by midseason he will be the full on starter.

I've seen some tape on the kid and he passes the eye test.

He didn't really pass the stat test, averaging 3 yards per carry in the preseason.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

He didn't really pass the stat test, averaging 3 yards per carry in the preseason.

Coaches look for different things in the preseason over stat lines. They do generic stuff.

And let's be honest, Gore is a freaking HOF real life superhero. But 14 years, 3382 rush attempts is at some point going to take it's toll. I hope not. I hope he plays til he is 90. But at some point, the dude is going to break down. And sooner rather than later is all I can see.

8 minutes ago, sderk said:

Coaches look for different things in the preseason over stat lines. They do generic stuff.

True.

That being said, he still has things to work on.   but I saw him do one or two things that make me think he has the potential to be special.

Splitting carries with Gore and learning from him will likely help this kid to develop.

I dont think Gore can carry the mail for a full season, but he can be a complimentary player who can give you a spot start here & there.

To start the season he will show the kid how to be a pro and how to prepare for games.  

I would think Gore to start the season.  The coach would/should take some serious heat if Allen goes down because of a missed assignment from a rookie early in the season.  After Gore goes down with his injury it will be so much more acceptable/logical/non-job threatening to play Singletary.  

I am in a RB bind and may have just talked myself into getting Gore.  A cheap waiver wire move.  The Bills start with Jets/Giants/Cincy - a softer schedule is hard to find.  If they start strong with Gore in the lead role they may just ride it out for a while.

In the interest of full disclosure, I had this reasoning for McCoy - thus the RB bind.  Might be wishful thinking but it seems a plausible scenario.