Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Need a late round, hidden gem, lottery tix, WR, NOT named Stills, Sanu, Deebo, Goodwin, or Beasley

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Agholor is moving to the slot which is where he excels. 

 

I’m picking up Nkeal Harry in leagues where I’m not using the IR slot. Not expecting much but Gordon could have another mental slip at any time. 

I"m sure he is the heir apparent.  but I expect it may take some time before he produces in this offense.

Either way, hes a good guy to stash if you have the room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got Hardman. Very talented playmaker in a high octane offense. Tons of upside there though maybe this won’t be his year.

Crowder and Humphries are decent options too but the ceiling is quite low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to say I have high hopes for Nkeal, more of a dart throw because of an empty IR spot on the roster. Everyone should be adding Nkeal or Alfred Blue if you’ve got an empty IR spot. Or Ajayi or....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn between JJ Arcega Whiteside and Mecole Hardman as my stash. Both are on great offenses with stellar QBs but are way down on the pecking order. Hardman is leading the way because I think he has the easier path to relevance (Tyreek new information/suspension and Watkins injury history) and I think Reid will scheme him the same way he used to scheme Hill during his rookie year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Not to say I have high hopes for Nkeal, more of a dart throw because of an empty IR spot on the roster. Everyone should be adding Nkeal or Alfred Blue if you’ve got an empty IR spot. Or Ajayi or....

any unproven player on the patriots is a dart throw.  Belichek loves to keep other teams guessing so unless you are matchup proof you are likely part of a committee.  that goes for RB and WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So again can I get an answer on Kumerow?  I see he is stonewalls guy for like 2 years and he will not let go.  But I saw another mention by someone else.

He had 1 snap.  Several behind Trevor Davis.  A speculated cut and career return man.  When St Brown returns he will be the 6th WR.

I am a Packers fan.  I have nothing against Kumerow.  Im just tryi g to understand the random unwarranted love for him as a sleeper.  Several injuries need to happen just for a legit chance.  You could say that about a lot of 5th 6th wrs in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

So again can I get an answer on Kumerow?  I see he is stonewalls guy for like 2 years and he will not let go.  But I saw another mention by someone else.

He had 1 snap.  Several behind Trevor Davis.  A speculated cut and career return man.  When St Brown returns he will be the 6th WR.

I am a Packers fan.  I have nothing against Kumerow.  Im just tryi g to understand the random unwarranted love for him as a sleeper.  Several injuries need to happen just for a legit chance.  You could say that about a lot of 5th 6th wrs in the league.

Well, in all fairness he was injured for most of last year....and I never said that he would become a WR1 or anything. Just a guy who I believe has the talent to be a startable FF WR in that offense and with that arm.

Pretty easy math, actually....we are talking about wing-and-a-prayer WR's with upside, right?  Kumerow has one of the best QB's in the league who has publicly expressed confidence in him several times, and has demonstrated that connection in both pre-season and regular season games. 

By all accounts had a great camp, and made the team. Only an injury or underperformance away from showcase. For guys with deep benches looking for potential upside, what's not to like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda like Damion Willis - Rookie WR taking Green's spot for the Bengals.  Running the Rams scheme, someone's gotta catch a lot of balls and it can't only be Boyd.  Willis is tearing it up.  Haven't scooped him up yet, but keeping an eye on this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stonewall said:

Well, in all fairness he was injured for most of last year....and I never said that he would become a WR1 or anything. Just a guy who I believe has the talent to be a startable FF WR in that offense and with that arm.

Pretty easy math, actually....we are talking about wing-and-a-prayer WR's with upside, right?  Kumerow has one of the best QB's in the league who has publicly expressed confidence in him several times, and has demonstrated that connection in both pre-season and regular season games. 

By all accounts had a great camp, and made the team. Only an injury or underperformance away from showcase. For guys with deep benches looking for potential upside, what's not to like?

Dude you also mention hardman the starting slot in an even better offense.  They dont belong in the same sentence.  By week 6 Kumerow is the 6th WR om a team that is using 2 TE sets.  Behind a career SPTer.  How big of a bench do you have?  Kumerow has been around for a while and has done close to nothing in the league.  

That is the dart throw of all dart throws.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the late round flyers are AJ Brown and Boykin.

I'm not really sure Gallup is a late round flyer anymore. No. 2 WRs like him, Desean Jackson and Godwin are just in the right place to succeed and can't be ignored. Same is true of MVS and maybe Pettis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's looking more and more like Albert Wilson either won't play or will be limited in Week 1, making Jakeem Grant and his new $24M contract all the more attractive as a flier on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Dude you also mention hardman the starting slot in an even better offense. 

Also another slot WR worth a stash if one has a spot for a flier on the bench.

Trey Quinn

Struggled with durability last year, but showed well in the games he played in. With Crowder gone and Gruden singing his praises all through camp and a bunch of no-names at WR....he's got a chance to be playable FF WR this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Brown (might not be available though)

Devante Parker

Miles Boyken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 11:18 AM, rallo said:

Dorsett, Golden Tate, and then I have a man crush on DJ Chark... a 2nd year, big red zone target on a team that should have vastly improved QB play. Preseason concussion is a red flag, but a 6'4" big play threat could be a steal at the tail end of the 

Shameless bump cuz "2 outta threeeee ain't bad" But seriously... I'm hoping Chark can keep it up and be a little more involved, 4 targets leaves a lot to be desired, but definitely worth a stash and maybe a spot play for potential shootouts... Jags D gave up last year... maybe a repeat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Preston williams

Michael gallup

Nice plays so far. Each has more staying power than Ross or brown imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, pipeman said:

Zero love for Andrews on this bored. I've picked him up in the 13th in all three of my drafts. Check out what the Baltimore insiders are saying about him. This years' Kittle?

Just wait until they figure out a few more ways to get him involved in the red zone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 11:42 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

DaeSean Hamilton WR, Denver

Bad drop in the end zone last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, crackills said:

Terry Mclaurin of Skins - word out of camp is that he is now the new defacto #1 with Doctson gone.

Well done. This kid looks like a fantasy relevant WR the ROS. I would expect some ups and downs but looks like a solid flex with WR2 upside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 1:33 AM, stonewall said:

Well, in all fairness he was injured for most of last year....and I never said that he would become a WR1 or anything. Just a guy who I believe has the talent to be a startable FF WR in that offense and with that arm.

Pretty easy math, actually....we are talking about wing-and-a-prayer WR's with upside, right?  Kumerow has one of the best QB's in the league who has publicly expressed confidence in him several times, and has demonstrated that connection in both pre-season and regular season games. 

By all accounts had a great camp, and made the team. Only an injury or underperformance away from showcase. For guys with deep benches looking for potential upside, what's not to like?

I've got Kumerow in a deep dynasty and I was hoping that the camp reports would at least get him up to WR 4 so that he would play based on an injury to MVS who I also have.  However based on the week 1 snap counts (1 snap - Trevor Davis had 19) he's WR5 and not likely to be useful this year unless there are multiple injuries at the WR spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, listen2me 23 said:

He had 1 snap.  Several behind Trevor Davis.  A speculated cut and career return man.  When St Brown returns he will be the 6th WR.

I think the packers didn't roster St. Brown on the original 53, so he's not eligible to return this year.  Still Kumerow need multiple injuries to be on the field with any regularity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shutdown said:

I think the packers didn't roster St. Brown on the original 53, so he's not eligible to return this year.  Still Kumerow need multiple injuries to be on the field with any regularity.

You are right.

Yes it will still be hard to  see the field.  Even if 2 WRs go down he is still looking at 3rd WR in an offense that uses some 2 TE sets.  In a declining passing game. (Having a piece of Rodgers' WRs isnt nearly as valuable as it was 5 years ago)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×