Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Where did Zeke and Gordon fall in your drafts?

Not far at all for Zeke, he went 1.2 and Gordon fell to 9.5 where I was able to get him as my RB5. Lottery ticket and league winner purchased :cheers:

Zeke hasn't fallen past the 1.07 in any of the drafts I have been in.  For the most part, he's going top 3/4.  Gordon has been falling to the 9th & 10th, where I've been snagging him up.  At that price, it doesn't hurt you if he never plays again, but I would expect someone trades for him or he comes crawling back so he can become a free agent. 

from last night zeke went 4th and gordon 48th in a 10 team redraft and 4th and 36th respectively in a 12 team. not sure how this helps at all tho. fwiw i dony have any of either one.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Zeke hasn't fallen past the 1.07 in any of the drafts I have been in.  For the most part, he's going top 3/4.  Gordon has been falling to the 9th & 10th, where I've been snagging him up.  At that price, it doesn't hurt you if he never plays again, but I would expect someone trades for him or he comes crawling back so he can become a free agent. 

Wholeheartedly agree. :music_guitarred:

I chose Zeke at 1.10 in one of my drafts on Sunday. Couldn't believe he dropped that far. Gordon went at the end of the 4th.

I'm done with 2 of 3 with one to go tomorrow and Zeke went 1.04 in one and 1.09 in another.  Gordon went at 5.04 in the early one and 6.04 in Monday's draft...falling fast. 

I did a $125 auction league tonight, 12 teams, pretty standard PPR scoring, standard $200 auction budget, start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, and one guy buys Kamara ($65), Bell ($46) and Gurley ($42) all within the first ten nominations.  Ok, now he's down to a $35 max bid, how's he gonna put together the rest of his team?  Can he pull this out??

His next purchase, in the 2nd round of nominations, was Melvin Gordon for $18.

Just drafted last night and I took him with the 4th pick overall in a start from scratch league.  No brainer - although in leagues that drafted 2 weeks ago I can see why there'd be more hesitation.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I did a $125 auction league tonight, 12 teams, pretty standard PPR scoring, standard $200 auction budget, start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, and one guy buys Kamara ($65), Bell ($46) and Gurley ($42) all within the first ten nominations.  Ok, now he's down to a $35 max bid, how's he gonna put together the rest of his team?  Can he pull this out??

His next purchase, in the 2nd round of nominations, was Melvin Gordon for $18.

Post how this guy does over the season.  I'm wondering if his strategy isn't to trade Gordon when he returns and/or Trade one of these three as soon as they have a good game.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Post how this guy does over the season.  I'm wondering if his strategy isn't to trade Gordon when he returns and/or Trade one of these three as soon as they have a good game.

Good question, however, this is a non-trading league.

His full team is:

Brady

Kamara/Bell/Gurley/Gordon

Robby/Watkins/Tate/Humphries/Hardman/Tre'Quan

Graham/Eifert

Butker

Cowboys/Rams

His WRs aren't as bad as I feared they might be, but they're clearly not aces.  We'll see if starting 3 of those RBs will be enough to overcome starting 2 of those WRs.

Zeke went 4th overall in our draft last week. Gordon went 6.4. Was really hoping Zeke would hold out for a long time as the guy who took him has a very solid team with him in the lineup. 

22 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Good question, however, this is a non-trading league.

His full team is:

Brady

Kamara/Bell/Gurley/Gordon

Robby/Watkins/Tate/Humphries/Hardman/Tre'Quan

Graham/Eifert

Butker

Cowboys/Rams

His WRs aren't as bad as I feared they might be, but they're clearly not aces.  We'll see if starting 3 of those RBs will be enough to overcome starting 2 of those WRs.

I like Robby this season.  Watkins has all the talent in the world, but the guy can't stay on the field to save his life.  Golden Tate will see some catches upon his return, but doubtful he sees many scoring opportunities or a ton of yardage.  Humphries went to TN, where WR's go to die.  Hardman may have a couple good games, but he's likely to be on everyones bench when it occurs.  Tre'Quan is a nice sleeper pick this season, but he's going to be a little like Hardman.  When he goes off for his two or three big games, he won't be in the lineup.  I am definitely interested to see how this approach works for him.  It's rare to see someone go all-in on the RB position and completely ignore the WR position, at least until Robby was drafted.  I'm not a fan of his TE's at all. 

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I like Robby this season.  Watkins has all the talent in the world, but the guy can't stay on the field to save his life.  Golden Tate will see some catches upon his return, but doubtful he sees many scoring opportunities or a ton of yardage.  Humphries went to TN, where WR's go to die.  Hardman may have a couple good games, but he's likely to be on everyones bench when it occurs.  Tre'Quan is a nice sleeper pick this season, but he's going to be a little like Hardman.  When he goes off for his two or three big games, he won't be in the lineup.  I am definitely interested to see how this approach works for him.  It's rare to see someone go all-in on the RB position and completely ignore the WR position, at least until Robby was drafted.  I'm not a fan of his TE's at all. 

I pretty much agree with everything you said--and Eifert isn't even the Bengals' starting TE any more--but I kind of figured ALL his WRs would be of the Humphries/Hardman quality, so I was a little surprised that he will be able to put out a couple of WRs who should be at least flexing for other teams this year.

It will be interesting to see if the RBs are good enough to overcome that handicap--but then, there's always the waiver wire.  (FAAB in this league, by the way.)