Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

God help me. I traded kelce

I sent 

Kelce ,robby anderson,darwin thompson 

For

Hunter henry and melvin gordon. 

Anderson was riding the pine as an alternate.  Thompson is a great backup but still 3rd on the depth chart. Kelce is excellent. 

Henry should be a top 5 te this year and I am stacking him with rivers as my flex qb. 

I think Gordon is going to go to tampa bay. They put out that they want a 1st and 5th for him to test the market. If they don't get any buyers they will deal him to the team that checked in. Which most likely is the bucs. 

And Gordon will  offer an insurance policy for if josh jacobs fails 

I don't believe any player is untouchable, but some have a higher price tag.  Too much risk imo in the transaction for you.

1 minute ago, Gipaldo said:

One of the worst trades I've ever seen posted on here if you're serious

What on earth were you thinking?

Thank you. Thank you. Keep em coming. 

Robby Anderson is what makes me dislike this trade, otherwise I admire your cajones.

2 minutes ago, rallo said:

Robby Anderson is what makes me dislike this trade, otherwise I admire your cajones.

My wrs are 

Hopkins 

Lockett

Dede westbrook. 

Alternate

Aj green/damion willis 

Anderson just seems to have soft tissue injuries all the damn time. I had him last year. 

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

My wrs are 

Hopkins 

Lockett

Dede westbrook. 

Alternate

Aj green/damion willis 

Anderson just seems to have soft tissue injuries all the damn time. I had him last year. 

You just wanted to light him on fire...

• Haha 1

Not going to sugar coat it...i think this was a really bad trade.  I am straight-up guessing, but Gordon won't be back before week 8 at the earliest, but likely week 10.  RB's have seen what Le'Veon did and are going to try and push their leverage.  Hunter Henry has never stayed healthy.  IMO you gave up potentially the #1 TE in the league for an RB that might not play and a big time injury waiting to happen.  I hope it works out, but I'm not optimistic.  :cheers:

• Like 1

Somewhere there's a guy on another message board bragging about how he sent Gordon and Henry for Kelce, Robby and Darwin.

And everyone's wondering why it wasn't vetoed to protect some greenhorn from ruining his team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

He has already dropped darwin. 

Small league?  Short benches?  Chimp?

I am biased because I really like Anderson and Darwin this year. Kelce...well, goes without saying. However, we have both been at this long enough to know that this preseason trade, with a couple of injuries incurred (or lack of them, in the case of KC's backfield), and a quick signing of Gordon somewhere he could thrive.... could end up  looking golden in a few weeks.  Lotta things would have to break just right, imho.

I will have some mercy on you and say:

Only time will tell!

If this is a redraft league it’s even a worst move then a bad move.  

Sorry but that’s a horrible move. 

I done see a lot in return, even if Gordon moves elsewhere. 

And if it’s a redraft you should not taken Kelce so early, and because you did you suffer at wr and rb. 

Shame. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

If this is a redraft league it’s even a worst move then a bad move.  

Sorry but that’s a horrible move. 

I done see a lot in return, even if Gordon moves elsewhere. 

And if it’s a redraft you should not taken Kelce so early, and because you did you suffer at wr and rb. 

Shame. 

Such poor advice. Useful running backs pop up on the waiver wire throughout the entire year. A lot of times they provide rb1 Stats. Good luck trying to stream tight end through the year and get anywhere near the production of Kelce.

I don’t like that trade even if Gordon wasn’t holding out.  In 4 seasons Gordon has played 16 games once, rushed for 1,000 yards once (barely), and averaged 4+ yards per carry once.  Assuming this is a TE mandatory league, otherwise Hunter Henry wouldn’t even be on a roster, you gave up a difference maker at a very shallow position.

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Such poor advice. Useful running backs pop up on the waiver wire throughout the entire year. A lot of times they provide rb1 Stats. Good luck trying to stream tight end through the year and get anywhere near the production of Kelce.

Don’t need to stream a te to get Kelce production to win, I don’t play against Kelce every week. 

So the poor advice is from you let’s take a te in the first two rounds and chase Rbs and WRs. 

And usefull Rbs and WRs don’t get the job done. 

But ive always always have done very well at streaming tes, let’s take a look at Hooper last season. 

He was productive, now not like your stud man Kelce, but he still was productive and I was chasing those so called usefull Rbs and WRs. 

Bad advice to chase usefull, draft winning Rbs and WRs and stream god tes, a secret to a successful ff team. 

Now you’ve just learn something. 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Don’t need to stream a te to get Kelce production to win, I don’t play against Kelce every week. 

So the poor advice is from you let’s take a te in the first two rounds and chase Rbs and WRs. 

But ive always always have done very well at streaming tes, let’s take a look at Hooper last season. 

He was productive, now not like your stud man Kelce, but he still was productive and I was chasing those so called usefull Rbs and WRs. 

Bad advice to chase usefull, draft winning Rbs and WRs and stream god tes, a secret to a successful ff team. 

Now I have a couple of questions.

1.  If you believe this is your best strategy to win, why/how did you end up with Kelce in the first place?

2.  How useful is a RB to your team when he’s sitting on his couch watching the games just like you?

learn me something too

47 minutes ago, weepaws said:

kelce, ertz, kittle consistently provide wr production (and depending upon scoring, better than).  the others will have nice games, but more sporadic. we offset the lower rb/wr games with more in the starting lineups. whereas if you do not have a te not in the top 5-7 you will be in more situations to have to absorb lower scoring weeks. 

Just now, Phil Simms 11 said:

I’m thinking it’s made up, not an actual trade. 

GOT 'EM!

15 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I sent 

For

Anderson was riding the pine as an alternate.  Thompson is a great backup but still 3rd on the depth chart. Kelce is excellent. 

Henry should be a top 5 te this year and I am stacking him with rivers as my flex qb. 

I think Gordon is going to go to tampa bay. They put out that they want a 1st and 5th for him to test the market. If they don't get any buyers they will deal him to the team that checked in. Which most likely is the bucs. 

The odds of this happening are 0.0%  Tampa is NOT going to give up multiple picks PLUS find $15M to cut from the roster, THEN give Gordon a long term deal.

16 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I sent 

For

Ha.  I like being in the minority.  I like the deal.  Here's why;  I agree completely that Hunter is going to be an excellent TE.  Even more-so because they lack a running back.  People forget he was projected to be top 3-5 right before Gates was finished.  He hasn't lost anything and he's still that guy.  Kelce is now 30.  Look at the age when a TE begins to slow down.  Typically, from what I've reviewed in going through stats, it is around 31, on average, for the greats.  I would expect a slight dip in his production this season, followed by a larger one next year.  If this is a redraft, I'm not certain how I feel, but I'm looking at it from a dynasty perspective right now. 

While I do not like Gordon in a "real" football situation, I do like him in fantasy.  If he went to Tampa, he could easily be a top 5 RB, ala David Johnson under Arians.  I do not see Tampa paying him what he wants though as they have Winston to pay after this season, if they retain him.  That said, Suh will be gone after this season and that frees up the money for Gordon.  If Gordon goes elsewhere, and this is a redraft, I don't like it, unless he lands in Green Bay, Philly, Atlanta, Indy (he won't end up in Indy), San Fran, Houston or Denver.  Any of these teams and I think you are setting yourself up very well if you can make the fantasy playoffs. 

The biggest risk is related to Gordon's health.  Is he training?  Is he in shape?  If so, he can hit the ground running just about anywhere.  I tend to think the most they get for him is a 2nd rounder, with the Chargers giving back a 5th or 6th. 

Thinking outside the box wins titles.  While it's easy to look at this trade and say it's horrible, it's not horrible at all if this is anything other than a redraft.  With week one coming up, you know someone is going to get injured, leaving a team in need of a RB. 

So, if this is dynasty, I absolutely love this deal.  If it's a keeper league, It isn't bad at all.  If it's a redraft, I think it could go either way, completely depending on whether or not Gordon gets dealt and in what sort of shape he's in.  A major risk in redraft, and not one I would likely do, but I've seen your posts enough to believe you probably have enough talent on the team to overcome this if Gordon isn't ready until week 8-10. 

For a bit of humor, in one of my dynasty leagues I need a TE.  I have a bare cupboard.  The Kelce owner offered me a trade.  He wanted DJ Moore, Matt Ryan and Dalvin Cook.  I told him he could have one of the three, but not Cook or Moore.  lol  He never replied.

Wait...what? Melvin is barely even draftable right now. He’s in Kareem Hunt territory with slight upside in an off chance he gets traded.  Kelce alone for Henry and Gordon would be highly questionable. You turned that guys catastrophic draft day mistake into a strength for him and downgraded a 2nd round te into a 5th round te.

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

Now I have a couple of questions.

1.  If you believe this is your best strategy to win, why/how did you end up with Kelce in the first place?

2.  How useful is a RB to your team when he’s sitting on his couch watching the games just like you?

learn me something too

Ok you received your first lesson. 

I don’t have Kelce, the op did. 

Thank you for your time. 

5 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

kelce, ertz, kittle consistently provide wr production (and depending upon scoring, better than).  the others will have nice games, but more sporadic. we offset the lower rb/wr games with more in the starting lineups. whereas if you do not have a te not in the top 5-7 you will be in more situations to have to absorb lower scoring weeks. 

So you agree with me then.  

Hey thanks. 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So you agree with me then.  

Hey thanks. 

it depends upon scoring and who you draft.  kelce, ertz, and kittle have a much higher value, then it is a crap-shoot for consistency from the position.

kelce/ertz/kittle

cook/henry/ebron/engram...... then a lot of speculation (even with these guys)

18 hours ago, rallo said:

Kelce and Melvin Gordon are roughly equal in value.

if Gordon does not holdout and plays all year, hes worth a bit more than Kelce.    but right now it is looking like Gordon will miss week 1 for sure and it may be a long holdout.   So I'd say Kelce is worth more when you take that info into account.

That being said, if we assume Gordon comes back and plays the full year, lets assume this part of the trade is a wash:

I think Robby Anderson will have a good year.   I do not feel that Hunter Henry comes close to equalling his value.

so to sum up:

I dont think you helped your team with this deal

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Ok you received your first lesson. 

I don’t have Kelce, the op did. 

Thank you for your time. 

Thanks.  Are the grammatical errors throughout your message a lesson as well?

Thank you for your time.

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

RB1s pop up on the waiver wire all the time that can produce in the top 5. Tight ends don't pop up that can produce like Kelce. Consider yourself learned

Hunter Henry has 115 career targets. Check out these TE's per 115 targets:

Ertz: 80 rec, 881 yds, 5.3 TD, 160 fantasy pts
Kelce: 81 rec, 1039 yds, 6.4 TD, 183 fantasy pts
Gronk: 75.5 rec, 1138 yds, 11.4 TD, 220 fantasy pts
Henry 81 rec, 1057 yds, 12.0 TD, 218 fantasy pts

8 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Hunter Henry has 115 career targets. Check out these TE's per 115 targets:

Ertz: 80 rec, 881 yds, 5.3 TD, 160 fantasy pts
Kelce: 81 rec, 1039 yds, 6.4 TD, 183 fantasy pts
Gronk: 75.5 rec, 1138 yds, 11.4 TD, 220 fantasy pts
Henry 81 rec, 1057 yds, 12.0 TD, 218 fantasy pts

HoF