Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

2019 Survivor discussion and picks

Recommended Posts

Never have cared for week 1 especially in a cash pool.

So who do you got?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ravens over the Fins.  Lamar is playing in front of a hometown crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buccaneers.  West coast teams struggle when coming to the east.  SF defense isn't good.  Garoppolo is suspect until proven otherwise.  One of the only games I think the Bucs will win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BuschWack said:

Ravens over the Fins.  Lamar is playing in front of a hometown crowd.

Miami is my upset pick of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Buccaneers.  West coast teams struggle when coming to the east.  SF defense isn't good.  Garoppolo is suspect until proven otherwise.  One of the only games I think the Bucs will win.

Gutsy call IMO,I like it though and how great it'd be to use the Bucs and advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a survivor pool, but if I did I would pick against Miami most weeks. They are going 2-14 this season 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nzoner said:

Gutsy call IMO,I like it though and how great it'd be to use the Bucs and advance.

The teams I like this week are the Chargers, Eagles, and Seahawks... and I just think that there's so many more times to use them going forward that I'd hate to use them when they can get caught off-guard.  Every year there's a team that is a heavy favorite, but loses Week 1.  Heck, last year you had Cleveland tie Pittsburgh (that's a loss in real survival pools), Tampa over the Saints, and the Jets over the Lions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The teams I like this week are the Chargers, Eagles, and Seahawks... and I just think that there's so many more times to use them going forward that I'd hate to use them when they can get caught off-guard.  Every year there's a team that is a heavy favorite, but loses Week 1.  Heck, last year you had Cleveland tie Pittsburgh (that's a loss in real survival pools), Tampa over the Saints, and the Jets over the Lions.

So far the 3 pools I'm in look like this

Prize Pool-Eagles

Bragging Rights Pool-Bucs

Cash Pool-Yet to be determined

Personally I'm not touching that Colts/Chargers game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the Seahawks in our Draft Buddy Survivor contest. Baltimore was my other strong consideration but gave Seattle the nod, given they are playing at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am only in one and I took the Ravens.  I just can't see Miami, with no offensive line at all, no defensive line, only one linebacker capable of making another roster and underwhelming WR's can make a game of this.  While I think this will be the worst Ravens defense of the last twenty years, a group of retired UPS drivers could run through that Miami offensive line and take down either QB.  I think the game could be closer than people think.  For example - One site I was on this morning has the Ravens winning 29-6.  I think Miami scores more and could easily keep this game within 6 field goals or two touchdowns and a field goal.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is taken from bleacher report.

Cardinals 20, Lions 14

It's something of a nightmare to project the Arizona Cardinals season, as they will debut two major wild cards with new head coach Kliff Kingsbury and new signal-caller Kyler Murray.

In fact, the Cardinals' new system is such a mystery that the Detroit Lions should have little idea what they're preparing for, which, coupled with opening at home, gives Arizona a good head start. We know the new system will be an Air Raid, and with Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, and Andy Isabella within arms' reach, Murray could have a lot of fun Sunday. 

There's no question the Lions are the safer pick here, with a solid defense under Matt Patricia. But Detroit's 6-10 finish last season showed how much work the second-year head coach and new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell needs to do with this offense. Until Patricia can demonstrate that he's got a well-balanced team, we'll go with the X-factor in the Cardinals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with Denver over Oakland.  I think Flacco will be ok out there and the drama in Oakland certainly doesn't make the Raiders a better team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 6:48 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Miami is my upset pick of the week.

Don't think the Fins will be upsetting anyone this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BuschWack said:

Don't think the Fins will be upsetting anyone this year.  

LOL, doesn't look like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, oldtimer said:

I am only in one and I took the Ravens.  I just can't see Miami, with no offensive line at all, no defensive line, only one linebacker capable of making another roster and underwhelming WR's can make a game of this.  While I think this will be the worst Ravens defense of the last twenty years, a group of retired UPS drivers could run through that Miami offensive line and take down either QB.  I think the game could be closer than people think.  For example - One site I was on this morning has the Ravens winning 29-6.  I think Miami scores more and could easily keep this game within 6 field goals or two touchdowns and a field goal.  :)

That was an easy one for you :thumbsup: I ended up taking Philly in my cash pot,thankfully they play two halves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, Beyond Chaos said:

I went with Denver over Oakland.  I think Flacco will be ok out there and the drama in Oakland certainly doesn't make the Raiders a better team.

I'm going to chalk this one up as a loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled-upon the free Survivor play on FD late Sunday AM.  I went with Baltimore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×