Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

2019 Survivor discussion and picks

Never have cared for week 1 especially in a cash pool.

So who do you got?

Ravens over the Fins.  Lamar is playing in front of a hometown crowd.

Buccaneers.  West coast teams struggle when coming to the east.  SF defense isn't good.  Garoppolo is suspect until proven otherwise.  One of the only games I think the Bucs will win.

16 hours ago, BuschWack said:

Ravens over the Fins.  Lamar is playing in front of a hometown crowd.

Miami is my upset pick of the week.

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Buccaneers.  West coast teams struggle when coming to the east.  SF defense isn't good.  Garoppolo is suspect until proven otherwise.  One of the only games I think the Bucs will win.

Gutsy call IMO,I like it though and how great it'd be to use the Bucs and advance.

I don't have a survivor pool, but if I did I would pick against Miami most weeks. They are going 2-14 this season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

Gutsy call IMO,I like it though and how great it'd be to use the Bucs and advance.

The teams I like this week are the Chargers, Eagles, and Seahawks... and I just think that there's so many more times to use them going forward that I'd hate to use them when they can get caught off-guard.  Every year there's a team that is a heavy favorite, but loses Week 1.  Heck, last year you had Cleveland tie Pittsburgh (that's a loss in real survival pools), Tampa over the Saints, and the Jets over the Lions.

19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The teams I like this week are the Chargers, Eagles, and Seahawks... and I just think that there's so many more times to use them going forward that I'd hate to use them when they can get caught off-guard.  Every year there's a team that is a heavy favorite, but loses Week 1.  Heck, last year you had Cleveland tie Pittsburgh (that's a loss in real survival pools), Tampa over the Saints, and the Jets over the Lions.

So far the 3 pools I'm in look like this

Prize Pool-Eagles

Bragging Rights Pool-Bucs

Cash Pool-Yet to be determined

Personally I'm not touching that Colts/Chargers game

I took the Seahawks in our Draft Buddy Survivor contest. Baltimore was my other strong consideration but gave Seattle the nod, given they are playing at home.

I am only in one and I took the Ravens.  I just can't see Miami, with no offensive line at all, no defensive line, only one linebacker capable of making another roster and underwhelming WR's can make a game of this.  While I think this will be the worst Ravens defense of the last twenty years, a group of retired UPS drivers could run through that Miami offensive line and take down either QB.  I think the game could be closer than people think.  For example - One site I was on this morning has the Ravens winning 29-6.  I think Miami scores more and could easily keep this game within 6 field goals or two touchdowns and a field goal.  :)

This is taken from bleacher report.

Cardinals 20, Lions 14

It's something of a nightmare to project the Arizona Cardinals season, as they will debut two major wild cards with new head coach Kliff Kingsbury and new signal-caller Kyler Murray.

In fact, the Cardinals' new system is such a mystery that the Detroit Lions should have little idea what they're preparing for, which, coupled with opening at home, gives Arizona a good head start. We know the new system will be an Air Raid, and with Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, and Andy Isabella within arms' reach, Murray could have a lot of fun Sunday. 

There's no question the Lions are the safer pick here, with a solid defense under Matt Patricia. But Detroit's 6-10 finish last season showed how much work the second-year head coach and new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell needs to do with this offense. Until Patricia can demonstrate that he's got a well-balanced team, we'll go with the X-factor in the Cardinals. 

I went with Denver over Oakland.  I think Flacco will be ok out there and the drama in Oakland certainly doesn't make the Raiders a better team.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:48 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Miami is my upset pick of the week.

Don't think the Fins will be upsetting anyone this year.  

On 9/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, oldtimer said:

I am only in one and I took the Ravens.  I just can't see Miami, with no offensive line at all, no defensive line, only one linebacker capable of making another roster and underwhelming WR's can make a game of this.  While I think this will be the worst Ravens defense of the last twenty years, a group of retired UPS drivers could run through that Miami offensive line and take down either QB.  I think the game could be closer than people think.  For example - One site I was on this morning has the Ravens winning 29-6.  I think Miami scores more and could easily keep this game within 6 field goals or two touchdowns and a field goal.  :)

That was an easy one for you :thumbsup: I ended up taking Philly in my cash pot,thankfully they play two halves.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, Beyond Chaos said:

I went with Denver over Oakland.  I think Flacco will be ok out there and the drama in Oakland certainly doesn't make the Raiders a better team.

I'm going to chalk this one up as a loss.