Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Sony Michel

Sony is going to have a big year.  He's going to have a great career and be inducted in the Hall of Fame.  Just watch the tape.

They will probably feature Rex week 1 resulting in 3 TDs and 100 all purpose yards

and then cut him before the end of September

31 minutes ago, kutulu said:

They will probably feature Rex week 1 resulting in 3 TDs and 100 all purpose yards

and then cut him before the end of September

which would make sense since he'd be all used up

8 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Sony is going to have a big year.  He's going to have a great career and be inducted in the Hall of Fame.  Just watch the tape.

If injuries don't derail him, he could be a great RB for them.  I don't think he's making the HoF as I think injuries will cut his career short.  He has bad knees and he's still very young.  That said, I was higher on him this season that I was on many people ranked above him.  It's all dependent upon his health though.  I think the Patriots know this and will not overuse him.  I wouldn't be shocked if they use him less against teams they are supposed to beat and tried to save him more for later in the season.  With him, they are a different running team.

I see two potential headlines for Sony going into the NFL playoffs.

Option 1: "NFL leading rusher Sony Michel is ready to lead the Patriots offense to another Superbowl"

Option 2: "Sony Michel suffers set back from his third knee scope this season and is likely to miss the entire NFL playoffs"

you forgot about option 3:  Sony Michel has great game where he is featured followed by one or two where he is not, followed by another where he is featured as per Belichek's strategy of not using one RB exclusively.

Here’s why I’d be optimistic: he has apparently improved a lot in the passing game. That means he could be on the field more. The problem last year was when he was in the game NE was almost certainly rushing. Made them one-dimensional which belichick HATES.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 2:48 PM, IGotWorms said:

Here’s why I’d be optimistic: he has apparently improved a lot in the passing game. That means he could be on the field more. The problem last year was when he was in the game NE was almost certainly rushing. Made them one-dimensional which belichick HATES.

5 receptions in 2 games is a big step forward for  guy that had 0 in the first 4. Caught 5 of 6. That at shows he can do it.