Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Sharpiegate

CNN MISTAKENLY LABELS ALABAMA AS 'MISSISSIPPI' AFTER MOCKING TRUMP OVER DORIAN PATH PREDICTION

https://www.newsweek.com/cnn-mistake-alabama-label-mississippi-hurricane-dorian-path-donald-trump-brian-stelter-1457438

The Left did not get their American Disaster so they waste their time on meaningless crap and BTW there were numerous projections where Darian would cross FL and enter the gulf.

People have died and this is what the TDS talking points are. These are sad,  cold people who care about nothing but their own shallow BS agenda which is based on lies, deceit and hatred for America.

“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.”  - Rahm Emanuel 

Three quick thoughts on it.

1. Funniest thing I’ve seen him do. It’s just so childish and immature that I can’t help but laugh.

2. Anyone outraged or calling for something to be done to him is ridiculous. This should rank low on the outrage scale. 

3. That being said, the fact that he couldn’t admit defeat on (or better yet, just ignore) something so small....that he has now tweeted about it multiple times....and that he actually thought his sharpie line would work (I could have photoshopped something infinitely more believable in less than 10 minutes)......all that points to a man that may be insane. He has issues. 

9 hours ago, edjr said:

you people are focking insane to give this one iota of though

The hands thing was funny though :lol:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bill-dagostino/curtis-houck/2019/09/05/cnn-msnbc-inundate-viewers-145-minutes-sharpiegate

CNN, MSNBC Inundate Viewers with 145 Minutes of ‘Sharpiegate’

As Hurricane Dorian continues to wreak havoc across the eastern seaboard, liberal cable anchors are fixated on perhaps the most frivolous piece of the news cycle: President Trump’s poorly-doctored hurricane map. Between 5:00 am and 5:00 pm Eastern time on Wednesday, CNN and MSNBC gave this non-news item a whopping 145 minutes (just under two and a half hours).

CNN gave the map incident just over 64 minutes of airtime. Between bouts of theatrical scoffing, hosts brought in analysts or outside experts to explain precisely why the President’s doctored map was a travesty of heretofore unseen proportions.

The first instance of this was during the 11:00 am ET At This Hour, in which CNN’s Brian Stelter joined the panel to share his eternal concern about the President’s mental state.

“I wish he was tweeting more about the Carolinas and what’s going on around the coast, and not Alabama,” Stelter complained near the end of seven and a half-minute segment which focused entirely on Trump’s map.

Some anchors, particularly New Day co-host Alisyn Camerota, were insistent that the President’s ill-fated art project was in fact a serious crime; Camerota sternly repeated that claim five times throughout the morning. No word yet on whether this high crime has finally moved recalcitrant House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on impeachment, but stay tuned.

On MSNBC, the so-called “sharpiegate” story took up an absurd 81 minutes of airtime. Not surprisingly, the two shows offering the most coverage were the network’s opinion-dominated Trump Derangement Syndrome group therapy shows: Morning Joe (29 minutes) and Deadline: White House (16 minutes).

Speaking of the latter, the perpetually-flustered Wallace began her show by decrying Trump’s fixation with this narrative while Americans are in danger while she herself engaged in that behavior (click “expand”):

If only Donald Trump tackled gun violence, the deficit, or pediatric cancer with the same zeal he's displayed in proving he was right all along by his claims that Alabama was in the path of Hurricane Dorian, a forecast so off base that the National Weather Service correctly the president immediately and today as Hurricane Dorian continues to threaten life and property, Donald Trump is still at it. His Alabama tweet count today stands at four but those numbers are expected to rise as Donald Trump surveys the damage to his reputation, which now includes sharing a false weather forecast and doubling down on it...Former FBI Director Jim Comey put the President’s conduct like this: “Americans are in harm’s way and the president is laser-focused on ... covering up a small mistake he made. Narcissism is not leadership. America deserves better.” The Sharpie debacle is part of a pattern of two dangers Trump phenomenons, lying and doubling down.

MSNBC law enforcement analyst Frank Figliuzzi (yes, that guy) later added this ominous claim:

So, to understand how dangerous this could become, and may have already become, I think, Nicolle, it's important to view the lies through the proper lens. Trump is lying not because the truth is inconsistent with how we view him but rather the truth is inconsistent with how he wants to be viewed and how he wishes things were, so he's manufacturing an illusion[.]

During the noon Eastern hour, reliably anti-Trump correspondent Yamiche Alcindor of the PBS NewsHour suggested without evidence that the President’s invoking of Alabama “could be causing panic and chaos” as people in hurricane-prone areas are “collecting supply and preparing themselves.”

But just hours earlier, Morning Joe had featured analysis from proven forger of documents Dan Rather, ironically to pillory the President (possibly) for drawing a semicircle on a map (click “expand”):

RATHER: You know, each time something like this happens, we say we can't go any lower, he can't go any lower. But this map of Alabama and the hurricane, I mean, what can you say?

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: What can you say?

RATHER: It does raise some questions, all kinds of questions. But, you know, I've been reluctant to go there as to whether there's something wrong with him. But when he something, frankly, this dumb, you know, I am myself, as you well know, can be as dumb as a fencepost about a lot of things, but reaching it — this, I mean, it — I'm just almost speechless about it, but it does race questions as to whether something is really, really wrong with him. 

Each program on both CNN and MSNBC had at least one full report on this story, none of which did anything either to alert those in the path of Hurricane Dorian or to offer advice on how affected individuals could stay safe.

By contrast, MSNBC Live host Hallie Jackson offered only 37 seconds of “sharpiegate” programming, while her colleague Ali Velshi didn’t mention it at all. The second hour of Poppy Harlow and Jim Sciutto’s CNN Newsroom also managed to avoid the subject entirely.

To be clear, the public track the President showed Wednesday was undoubtedly drawn on to include Alabama. Meteorologists fact-checked of the President and have provided the public with the most up-to-date forecasts. But amidst this deadly storm, CNN and MSNBC have once again prioritized dousing the President over reporting the actual news.

36 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

This is just solid comedy. Everyone should enjoy 

I am sincerely glad to see folks on the left having fun with this.  Too often it seems to me that these kinds of things come only from the right.  If we have more fun maybe we can all get together better.  :cheers:

24 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

The Melania sharpie arm/hand... 😂

That is brilliant.  :D

• Like 1

Weather agency backs Trump, says Dorian could have impacted Alabama

The federal agency that monitors hurricanes said Friday that Hurricane Dorian could have impacted Alabama, backing claims by President Trump that he was right to tweet a warning over the weekend about the storm affecting the state.

In an unsigned statement, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said that "information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama." The advisories in questionwere dated from Wednesday, Aug. 28 to Monday, Sept. 2, the agency said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/weather-officials-say-dorian-could-have-impacted-alabama-as-trump-said

On 9/5/2019 at 9:35 PM, Gladiators said:

Perhaps some more humor from Trump would bring the Country closer together.

I dont think he is capable of it.  Penn Jillette talked about this with Rogan.  

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Weather agency backs Trump, says Dorian could have impacted Alabama

The federal agency that monitors hurricanes said Friday that Hurricane Dorian could have impacted Alabama, backing claims by President Trump that he was right to tweet a warning over the weekend about the storm affecting the state.

In an unsigned statement, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said that "information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama." The advisories in questionwere dated from Wednesday, Aug. 28 to Monday, Sept. 2, the agency said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/weather-officials-say-dorian-could-have-impacted-alabama-as-trump-said

With enough pressure, maybe he can find a weather agency to claim the hurricane destroyed Opelika next.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, Alias Detective said:

Did you google it yet? 😆

I’m late to this thread, but not sure why you didn’t include a link or any type of substance in the OP. Kinda weird 

12 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I’m late to this thread, but not sure why you didn’t include a link or any type of substance in the OP. Kinda weird 

Laziness 

11 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

With enough pressure, maybe he can find a weather agency to claim the hurricane destroyed Opelika next.

The agency was staring down the barrel of Tiffany Trump as their new director, if they didn't tweet a kiss-ass something or other. 

They probably did us all a favor. 

12 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

The agency was staring down the barrel of Tiffany Trump as their new director, if they didn't tweet a kiss-ass something or other. 

They probably did us all a favor. 

One thing I've learned in my years is that the Left hates nothing more than being proven wrong.  They personally attack everyone who does it.  That's why hundreds of millions of people everyday are being personally attacked by them.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

One thing I've learned in my years is that the Left hates nothing more than being proven wrong.

So Trump is leftwing after all. 

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

One thing I've learned in my years is that the Left hates nothing more than being proven wrong.  They personally attack everyone who does it.  That's why hundreds of millions of people everyday are being personally attacked by them.

Considering the way Trump attacks when someone points out he is wrong......well I assume you are just being funny here. Hahaha. Good one Tampa Bay XX7. Hahaha

• Like 2

That video shows what Trump has been up against this whole time. It's no wonder that the  idiot lemmings think that Orange man is bad, their pea-brains have been programmed.

19 hours ago, riversco said:

They got'em this time.

I know a bunch of people have finally woken up. They only people left are the ones with serious mental illness.

Historically, this lunatic has stated that he's never made a mistake. He's also stated that he gives himself an a+ on pretty much everything. are we really that surprised that he can't simply say oops?

Dude is a f****** lunatic. I can only imagine the circus in the next four years. Dude is a loonster. Eventually history will bear that out. Hell, current bears that out.

...and then there's the Dems.

37 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Historically, this lunatic has stated that he's never made a mistake. He's also stated that he gives himself an a+ on pretty much everything. are we really that surprised that he can't simply say oops?

Dude is a f****** lunatic. I can only imagine the circus in the next four years. Dude is a loonster. Eventually history will bear that out. Hell, current bears that out.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.” 

Sun Tzu, The Art of War