Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Happy Football Day Week 1!

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Can you call him?

I tried twice, but got an answering machine both times. I have a Wyoming phone number and with the state of spam calls nowadays that means nothing.

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That defense is legit. They'll be contending for a playoff spot.

The interesting thing was the Packers d. If they are truly legit, rather than the bears O just sucking, they may have something. Rodgers plus a stout d could. Be scary. 

I understand that you guys dont understand it.

The bears still suck.

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I spent another 2 hours searching for an obituary just before we replaced him. I know his address, wife and kids names, etc. There is nothing out there on him.

I do not think he has passed away.

If I ever need someone gone, I know who to PM.

I know shotsup's name and that he lives very near to the racetrack where Belmont Stakes takes place at, but otherwise, nothing more.

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand that you guys dont understand it.

The bears still suck.

They really, really, really, really, really, really suck. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Running Rodgers out in two leagues tonight soooo expect 197 pass yards and 1 TD.

Off by 6 yards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I spent another 2 hours searching for an obituary just before we replaced him. I know his address, wife and kids names, etc. There is nothing out there on him.

I do not think he has passed away, although it was strange.

:unsure:

3 points at home :lol:

I had bears and the under :mad:

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

Mitch and Rodgers thew a combined 1 pass in the pre season I believe

This is what we get

Season doesn't start till week 4 for the patriots typically.

Mitch sucks. HTH

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

Season doesn't start till week 4 for the patriots typically.

Mitch sucks. HTH

The pats get to play the bills jets and fins.

A bears Packers game right off the bat is kind of significant

Bears and Trubustsky lost to a beaten up 9-7 Eagles team on their hone field last year. Chicago isn’t that good.

46 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

:unsure:

He filled out some fantasy football league information in a league I am in.

I do not have that on the rest of you schmucks nor have I nor would I post that at the geek club.

54 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

The pats get to play the bills jets and fins.

A bears Packers game right off the bat is kind of significant

Week 1 steelers
Week 2 dolphins
week 3 Jets
week 4 Bills
Week 5 redskins
week 6 giants
week 7 Jets

7 and 0 :dunno:

25 minutes ago, edjr said:

Week 1 steelers
Week 2 dolphins
week 3 Jets
week 4 Bills
Week 5 redskins
week 6 giants
week 7 Jets

Is it even worth Brady's time to play?

18 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Is it even worth Brady's time to play?

Personally and I've thought this for years,I wish there was some way the NFL could have a different schedule for SB winners i.e. have to play all the previous years playoff teams or something to make the following year a little more challenging. I know there's no guarantees one season to another but that first seven weeks for the Pats is a joke.

55 minutes ago, edjr said:

Week 1 steelers
Week 2 dolphins
week 3 Jets
week 4 Bills
Week 5 redskins
week 6 giants
week 7 Jets

Texas A&M's schedule is harder.

27 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Personally and I've thought this for years,I wish there was some way the NFL could have a different schedule for SB winners i.e. have to play all the previous years playoff teams or something to make the following year a little more challenging. I know there's no guarantees one season to another but that first seven weeks for the Pats is a joke.

Maybe you haven't heard of the super bowl curse? don't judge everything by the patriots.

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

The NFL follows the same formula for every team every year. I can already tell you fourteen matchups for next year.

Pats play one home and one away game against each division rival

Six games, 2 games vs Dolphins, Jets, Bills

-----

All members of the AFC East will play four games against all four members of an NFC division. It rotates in a pattern such that every year you get a different division. This year, the AFC East plays against the NFC East. the last time they played the NFC East was four years ago. The next time they see them will be in four years.

So four games vs Cowboys, NYGiants, Redskins, Eagles. (The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins also have these four opponents). I don't know how home/away is determined other than two home, two away for everybody.

-----

The AFC East gets four games against and AFC division, that rotates every three years. This year it's the AFC Central.

Four Games vs the Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Browns. Two home, two away.

---

So that's fourteen games that are identical for the Pats, Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. They need two more and this is where it diverges. Since he Patriots finished #1 in the AFC East last season. they play #1 teams in the AFC South and AFC West last season: Texans and Chiefs.

Patroits' 2019 schedule = 6 AFC East teams + 4 NFC East + 4 AFC Central + #1 Seeds from 2018 AFC South and AFC East

Patriots' 2020 schedule = 6 AFC East teams + 4 NFC West + 4 AFC West + 1 game vs the AFC Central and the AFC South teams that finish the 2019 season in the same position in their division that the 2019 Pats finish in the AFC East

------

It's like clockwork. The only thing unfair about their schedule is that they get six games each year against the Bills, Dolphins and Jets who always seem to suck and never improve.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The NFL follows the same formula for every team every year. I can already tell you fourteen matchups for next year.

Pats play one home and one away game against each division rival

Six games, 2 games vs Dolphins, Jets, Bills

-----

All members of the AFC East will play four games against all four members of an NFC division. It rotates in a pattern such that every year you get a different division. This year, the AFC East plays against the NFC East. the last time they played the NFC East was four years ago. The next time they see them will be in four years.

So four games vs Cowboys, NYGiants, Redskins, Eagles. (The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins also have these four opponents). I don't know how home/away is determined other than two home, two away for everybody.

-----

The AFC East gets four games against and AFC division, that rotates every three years. This year it's the AFC Central.

Four Games vs the Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Browns. Two home, two away.

---

So that's fourteen games that are identical for the Pats, Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. They need two more and this is where it diverges. Since he Patriots finished #1 in the AFC East last season. they play #1 teams in the AFC South and AFC West last season: Texans and Chiefs.

Patroits' 2019 schedule = 6 AFC East teams + 4 NFC East + 4 AFC Central + #1 Seeds from 2018 AFC South and AFC East

Patriots' 2020 schedule = 6 AFC East teams + 4 NFC West + 4 AFC West + 1 game vs the AFC Central and the AFC South teams that finish the 2019 season in the same position in their division that the 2019 Pats finish in the AFC East

I know how it works thus the reason I said I wish there was some way.

• Haha 1

:lol:

The scheduling is fine because it gives the league parity, but it sucks when the same team keeps winning the Super Bowl every year...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

The scheduling is fine because it gives the league parity, but it sucks when the same team keeps winning the Super Bowl every year...

Not every year. 

3 minutes ago, posty said:

I just think it'd be fun to watch the previous SB winner have to play 8-10 of the previous playoff teams the following season.

What's the menus for Sunday Kickoff Weekend?

Personally we've always treated week 1 like a holiday,tomorrow's KC menu

Pork spareribs,BBQ beans,potato salad,fresh fruit mix and homemade fudge brownies

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Pork spareribs,BBQ beans,potato salad,fresh fruit mix and homemade fudge brownies

Still in Vegas.  Might bbq beef ribs next weekend

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Still in Vegas.  Might bbq beef ribs next weekend

You making any NFL futures bets?

Diggs with a Q tag right out of the gate and as a first time owner everything I've seen says go ahead and bench him as anytime he has a Q tag and plays he does not do well.

Happy football day everyone.

after Thursday, I’m up $20 for the season (took packers +3).

good luck today.

My son’s first ever tackle football game was yesterday.  He said he loved playing linebacker.  

At one point he landed face first and came up with a mouth full of grass and dirt.  

I asked him, “What does that taste like?”  He said, “It tastes like football”. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nzoner said:

Same here 

NY Strips

Potato skins

Chips with home made queso and salsa. 

Meeting up with friends for the Cowboys game at a beer and pizza joint that has the ticket.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Same here 

NY Strips

Potato skins

Meeting up with friends for the Cowboys game at a beer and pizza joint that has the ticket.  

You live in Michigan, correct?  How did you end up being a Cowboys fan?

47 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Same here 

NY Strips

Potato skins

Let's Go Cowboys!!!

FYI......it's a "FREE" NFL SUNDAY TICKET on Direct TV today

Love football Sundays before bye weeks kick in.  5 late games will make watching at the bar fun today.  :Cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

Let's Go Cowboys!!!

Marinelli has instructed the Cowboys D - 

wrap up Eli, if you have to take him to the ground, do so gently - the goal is to keep him in the game. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

You live in Michigan, correct?  How did you end up being a Cowboys fan?

Born in Tulsa.   Dallas is the closest team so that’s who we got on tv.  

Also lived in Dallas for 10+ years.