Sign in to follow this  
josh wiley

mvs worth a start tonight?

okay so full disclosure didn't draft well.  just curious as to whether he might be a better play than desean jackson or fitgerald at wr3 or even drake at flex?  also kinda do want to have someone playing in the first game back tonight

I would start any of those others over him. 

I'm a big MVS fan this season, but I'm holding off on starting him in all but one of my leagues until I've seen Rodgers play in this new offense.  I'm worried about the chemistry after him not having reps in the preseason and beginning the season against a defense like the Bears.  I understand they've played a lot in practice, but is the #2 WR or the slot guy going to get the majority of the looks under LaFleur?  One of them may do very well tonight as I expect the Packers to try and limit Adams, forcing the younger guys to step up.  I just don't know which one. 

Also - You sounded like a gambler in your post....  Don't start a player just because you want someone in a televised game.  It usually means your starting them over someone who can score more points.  If MVS is your best option, start him.  If not, don't do it.  I think it's a toss-up between the three WR's you listed and highly doubt one of them outperforms the others enough to make a difference in your game. 

36 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm a big MVS fan this season, but I'm holding off on starting him in all but one of my leagues until I've seen Rodgers play in this new offense.  I'm worried about the chemistry after him not having reps in the preseason and beginning the season against a defense like the Bears.  I understand they've played a lot in practice, but is the #2 WR or the slot guy going to get the majority of the looks under LaFleur?  One of them may do very well tonight as I expect the Packers to try and limit Adams, forcing the younger guys to step up.  I just don't know which one. 

Also - You sounded like a gambler in your post....  Don't start a player just because you want someone in a televised game.  It usually means your starting them over someone who can score more points.  If MVS is your best option, start him.  If not, don't do it.  I think it's a toss-up between the three WR's you listed and highly doubt one of them outperforms the others enough to make a difference in your game. 

yeah you're probably right.  guess i could always just concentrate on rooting against adams and robinson who my opponent has going.  and then maybe just scout the situation out.  but i have a feeling as the game gets closer i will probably go ahead and put him in but guess I'll just have to see how the evening plays out

12 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

New season, perhaps new beginnings but I was balls deep in MVS last year and he broke my heart.

Well, if you were balls deep in MVS, you're lucky it was only your heart that he broke. 

If you are a real gambler, forget MVS and roll Kumerow out for the long bomb.

If not, I would strongly recommend playing DJax this week against his former team.