Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

UPDATE: Antonio Brown Suspended? - Will Play Wk1- Released - Signs W/ NE!

12 hours ago, Connorsdad said:

Yes of course it does! Tampering happens all the time. 

While I agree it’s typically when a player is a udfa not when under contract with another team.

13 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Patriots play chess while the rest of the NFL plays checkers. Talk about a great fit. Bill says hey the best wr in the league is available, let’s get him and that’s that.

This is why I like the patriots. I love how they have made a mockery of the nfl. While every other team will tell us how hard it is to hit on finding talent, the Patriots are like No, it's really not. You people just don't know what you're doing. 

It seems that even when a team finds a good scouting department, there is still someone in the way to stop it from reaching max potential. Dallas is the perfect example. They have done a great job of finding talent, but once Jerry decides he needs to meddle, it doesn't matter. Jerry would rather lose every single year being elbow deep in the cookie jar than step back, let the qualified football professionals do their job and win along the way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This is why I like the patriots. I love how they have made a mockery of the nfl. While every other team will tell us how hard it is to hit on finding talent, the Patriots are like No, it's really not. You people just don't know what you're doing. 

It seems that even when a team finds a good scouting department, there is still someone in the way to stop it from reaching max potential. Dallas is the perfect example. They have done a great job of finding talent, but once Jerry decides he needs to meddle, it doesn't matter. Jerry would rather lose every single year being elbow deep in the cookie jar than step back, let the qualified football professionals do their job and win along the way

Bingo......signed lifelong Cowboys fan.

13 hours ago, NAn said:

AB’s last few days as told by emojis:

🤬 😲 🤔😔😘 😥😕😡🤬😎🤑🤣

Next Sunday you can add this one ----> :pointstosky:

So is there any chance AB pulls an ocho cinco and can't pick up the offense? I am an owner in one of my two leagues pick 29 ppr. Wondering if he is up to speed week 2? Where did Pats find the money to pay him? 

The rich get richer. wow

6 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

So is there any chance AB pulls an ocho cinco and can't pick up the offense? I am an owner in one of my two leagues pick 29 ppr. Wondering if he is up to speed week 2? Where did Pats find the money to pay him? 

The rich get richer. wow

I'm not sure of his ability to pickup the offense, but watching just about every game he's played in as a Steelers fan many of his big plays were a result of Ben scrambling around or shedding tackles and both of them improvising on a play.  Don't get me wrong AB is a superior route runner, but many of his long TDs were a result of breaking off a route and finding a hole in the defense.  Brady hardly ever scrambles and unloads the ball faster than anyone I can think of so the majority of his big plays are going to come from design rather than improvisation.  I can't say this will be positive or negative for him, so I guess I'll just have to see how this plays out.

As far as the money to pay him, I know Brady and I'm sure others on that team consistently take pay cuts so they can bring in talent.  They probably had some cap room.

This is actually complete BS, and it reeks of collusion between the Pats and Antonio Brown.  And it all makes sense now.  He never wanted to play for the Raiders because he's knows Gruden is crap, Carr is crap and the organization is crap.  There is one step up from the Steelers, and that's the Pats.  The Pats made an offer in March of a 1st round draft pick and Steelers declined it saying they would not send him to any AFC North team, or the Pats.  So AB hatches the plan to sandbag his career with Oakland and those dumbfvcks Mayock, Gruden and Oakland play right into it.  And instead of cutting his guarantees and benching his ass, what do the dumbfvcks do?  Oh, let's release him to the waiting arms of the Pats.  Next step is that Gronk will return.  It's a conspiracy, it's collusion and it's colossal BULLSH!T.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

This is actually complete BS, and it reeks of collusion between the Pats and Antonio Brown.  And it all makes sense now.  He never wanted to play for the Raiders because he's knows Gruden is crap, Carr is crap and the organization is crap.  There is one step up from the Steelers, and that's the Pats.  The Pats made an offer in March of a 1st round draft pick and Steelers declined it saying they would not send him to any AFC North team, or the Pats.  So AB hatches the plan to sandbag his career with Oakland and those dumbfvcks Mayock, Gruden and Oakland play right into it.  And instead of cutting his guarantees and benching his ass, what do the dumbfvcks do?  Oh, let's release him to the waiting arms of the Pats.  Next step is that Gronk will return.  It's a conspiracy, it's collusion and it's colossal BULLSH!T.  

Haha. I love that this will be the narrative. The Patriots are fun 

3 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

Wait a minute, how is Gronk’s imagined return some kind of conspiracy? :wacko:

J Gordon is having a good game. 

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Edelman only 6/11. 

I was surprised to see his stat line. During the game it seemed better then that. 

9 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

Settle down, kid.

6 hours ago, Connorsdad said:

I was surprised to see his stat line. During the game it seemed better then that. 

Agreed.

so - am i correct to assume that another team would have to file tampering charges against the pats in order for the situation to be investigated?

is there any situation where the nfl investigates just because they want to?

when the Steelers put him on the block, it was well established the pats had interest.. and they can contact the agent (afaik).. with no Tampering or Collusion..

57 minutes ago, [echo] said:

when the Steelers put him on the block, it was well established the pats had interest.. and they can contact the agent (afaik).. with no Tampering or Collusion..

but, once he was under contract with the Raiders the Pats or their agents would not be allowed to contact Brown or his agents with the intent of inducing him to find a way to move to the pats.  not without permission from the raiders 

12 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Settle down, kid.

I don't think AB ever intended to play one down for the Raiders.  I now believe his whole goal was to get released so he could get where he wanted to be...one of the places that hurts the Steelers the most.  Sad part is, after last night, the Pats don't even need him, they can clearly kick the Steelers ass without his services.  But I can almost guarantee that Brown will behave this season, Gronk will come back about week 10, and the Pats will have cheated their way to another championship with the help of AB.  Pittsburgh looks like fools when they could have gotten a 1st from the Pats if he was just gonna end up there anyway.  The Raiders look like bigger fools for giving up a 3rd/5th to the Steelers then flat out releasing a generational talent and best WR over the last 5 years so he could be scooped up by the defending champions/best team in the league.  30 other team owners should be pissed and calling for an investigation.  

10 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

I don't think AB ever intended to play one down for the Raiders.  I now believe his whole goal was to get released so he could get where he wanted to be...one of the places that hurts the Steelers the most.  Sad part is, after last night, the Pats don't even need him, they can clearly kick the Steelers ass without his services.  But I can almost guarantee that Brown will behave this season, Gronk will come back about week 10, and the Pats will have cheated their way to another championship with the help of AB.  Pittsburgh looks like fools when they could have gotten a 1st from the Pats if he was just gonna end up there anyway.  The Raiders look like bigger fools for giving up a 3rd/5th to the Steelers then flat out releasing a generational talent and best WR over the last 5 years so he could be scooped up by the defending champions/best team in the league.  30 other team owners should be pissed and calling for an investigation.  

i do think it's more that he's just crazy than this was a premeditated 8 month plan finally come to fruition.

but i am pissed about it too.  also a steelers fan and i DO THINK it's likely that rosenhaus spoke with pats when he should not have

2 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

Well, that's a more reasoned post and I generally agree. I'd welcome an investigation. I just don't think this whole affair is as nefarious as a lot of people think it is.