Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Predictions for Opening Night

Just doing some musing about the possibilities for tonight, and these are my predictions.  Your results may vary.

Aaron Rodgers:  280 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

Aaron Jones:  1 rec, 65 yards, 0 TDs

Davante Adams:  7 rec, 90 yards, 1 TD

Geronimo Allison:  5 rec, 70 yards, 0 TDs

Marquez Valdes-Scantling:  4 rec, 60 yards, 0 TDs

Jimmy Graham:  3 rec, 30 yards, 1 TD

Mason Crosby:  2 XPs, 2 FGs

Mitchell Trubisky:  265 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 15 rush yards

Tarik Cohen:  4 rec, 75 yards, 0 TDs

David Montgomery:  1 rec, 55 yards, 0 TDs

Mike Davis:  0 rec, 45 yards, 1 TD

Allen Robinson:  5 rec, 70 yards, 0 TDs

Anthony Miller:  5 rec, 60 yards, 1 TD

Taylor Gabriel:  3 rec, 40 yards, 0 TDs

Burton/Shaheen:  3 rec, 30 yds, 0 TDs

Eddie Pineiro:  2 XPs, 3 FGs

Final Score:  Bears 23, Packers 20

I'm going to be WAY different here....  I expect MVS to have 5 receptions for 65 yards (I totally made that up off the top of my head).  If the Bears are playing smart on defense, they will limit what Adams can do and make the younger guys step up in a huge game. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm going to be WAY different here....  I expect MVS to have 5 receptions for 65 yards

And that's "WAY different" from the 4-for-60 that I said?

Just now, AxeElf said:

And that's "WAY different" from the 4-for-60 that I said?

That was complete sarcasm on my end.  You know, self deprecating humor (or an attempt at least). 

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If the Bears are playing smart on defense, they will limit what Adams can do and make the younger guys step up in a huge game. 

Yeah, I’m sure no team has thought of that approach before.

9 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Yeah, I’m sure no team has thought of that approach before.

Most teams in the NFL do not have the defensive players to do it.  I'm sure they've thought of it.  I've thought of nailing Natalie Portman for years.  Hasn't happened though. 

Just now, oldtimer said:

I've thought of nailing Natalie Portman for years.  Hasn't happened though. 

Keep us posted...

Just now, AxeElf said:

Keep us posted...

I don't have much time left, maybe 12 months, so I don't think it's going to happen.  :(

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't have much time left, maybe 12 months, so I don't think it's going to happen.  :(

Can you elaborate?

I have terminal Nasopharyngeal Cancer.  Been fighting it for about 3 years, but after a couple massive surgeries (radical neck dissection 6 weeks ago), the doctors have removed all they can.  Radiation and Chemo were not effective and attempting to do either again will result in an even earlier death.  So....  After 11 hospitals and visiting with every possible cancer doctor I could, I have to just deal with it.  It's in my neck again and my jugular, muscle, tissue and all the nerves on the left side were removed on July 24th.  I sorta look like Frankenstein right now.  Anyway, they can't remove anything on the right side (you need some nerves and a jugular), so more treatment isn't an option.  Most of the doctors agree this will be my last Holiday season, but there are a couple that think I may get this Christmas and next, but no longer.  It's all good.  I'm about as at peace with it as you can be I suppose. 

32 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I wonder if Natalie Portman would work with the Make A Wish Foundation to make this happen...

That's worth looking into.....

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Aaron Jones:  1 rec, 65 yards, 0 TDs

Final Score:  Bears 23, Packers 20

Jones stopped on the 1 after scampering for 65 yds on his LONE reception, Pack lose a heartbreaker on the road!

4 minutes ago, NAn said:

Jones stopped on the 1 after scampering for 65 yds on his LONE reception, Pack lose a heartbreaker on the road!

lol

I knew someone would try to read these that way.

I meant, of course, that he would have 1 reception, and 65 total yards.

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

lol

I knew someone would try to read these that way.

I meant, of course, that he would have 1 reception, and 65 total yards.

Of course,  hey I'm giddy about a meaningful football game being played tonight...having some fun!

36 minutes ago, The Bard said:

GB puts doubters to rest and wins 30-17 as the Bears and their new D coordinator are one step behind all night.

agree. GBay has a better defense too. Rodgers plays on two legs instead of one like all of 2018

54 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

agree. GBay has a better defense too. Rodgers plays on two legs instead of one like all of 2018

Until Khalil Mack slams him to the ground like a rag doll lol 😂 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Anthony Miller:  5 rec, 60 yards, 1 TD

I got this guy late and am excited about it.  Needs to stay healthy but could be deadly in the slot this year.

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I got this guy late and am excited about it.  Needs to stay healthy but could be deadly in the slot this year.

I don't know if you follow college football, but he was an absolute beast at Memphis.

He said in the offseason that he was fighting some kind of arm/shoulder problem all last season that kept him from being able to stiff-arm defenders the way he wanted to, so he was looking forward to being a little more elusive this season, but 7 TDs as a rookie shows a lot right there.  I love the guy, but I'm not sure he's in the best offense for his talents, and I don't have any shares of him this year--but he certainly has the potential to break out this year or next.

If you don't love him for his college highlights, it's hard to read his pre-draft Letter to NFL GMs and not love him for his attitude and character.

And check out that OBJ catch toward the end of the letter...

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Jimmy Graham:  3 rec, 30 yards, 1 TD

If Graham sits out the 2nd half, I nailed it.

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I have terminal Nasopharyngeal Cancer.  Been fighting it for about 3 years, but after a couple massive surgeries (radical neck dissection 6 weeks ago), the doctors have removed all they can.  Radiation and Chemo were not effective and attempting to do either again will result in an even earlier death.  So....  After 11 hospitals and visiting with every possible cancer doctor I could, I have to just deal with it.  It's in my neck again and my jugular, muscle, tissue and all the nerves on the left side were removed on July 24th.  I sorta look like Frankenstein right now.  Anyway, they can't remove anything on the right side (you need some nerves and a jugular), so more treatment isn't an option.  Most of the doctors agree this will be my last Holiday season, but there are a couple that think I may get this Christmas and next, but no longer.  It's all good.  I'm about as at peace with it as you can be I suppose. 

Sorry to hear bud, I hope you prove them wrong and get a few more holidays in.  Thanks for sharing, also hope your name is true to life and you've lived a long one already.

Well, I nailed Jimmy Graham exactly, was 8 yards away from nailing MVS exactly, and was 1 fantasy point too high for David Montgomery.

Other than that, I was just as surprised as everyone else...

17 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well, I nailed Jimmy Graham exactly, was 8 yards away from nailing MVS exactly, and was 1 fantasy point too high for David Montgomery.

Other than that, I was just as surprised as everyone else...

Good job AxeElf!   Although I don't think I'd share that you nailed Jimmy Graham.  You should change that to Natalie Portman. 

On 9/5/2019 at 2:53 PM, oldtimer said:

God Bless. Hope to be as stoic should I ever be in your shoes. Enjoy this football season! I salute you 🇺🇸

Nice call on Jimmy.  This is the fourth year I've had him.  Twice with Norlens and one with Seattle.  I like seeing my 15th round pick score the first TD of the year!  I didn't start him but I wouldn't be surprised if I do several weeks.  I liked that Rodgers threw that ball to him more than that it was a TD.  Classic just putting it there and trusting your guy to make the play.

39 minutes ago, brewens said:

Nice call on Jimmy.  This is the fourth year I've had him.  Twice with Norlens and one with Seattle.  I like seeing my 15th round pick score the first TD of the year!  I didn't start him but I wouldn't be surprised if I do several weeks.  I liked that Rodgers threw that ball to him more than that it was a TD.  Classic just putting it there and trusting your guy to make the play.

On the down side, Graham was shut out in the second half...