Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

So you drafted AB, let's talk options...

If you're like me and you drafted AB, it's time to start looking at options.  I would not drop him in the short term, even if the Raiders release him (they must by Saturday to void the deal), I will still keep him on my roster.  But, what to do in the short term?  Here are some options:

Of course, you can look at the Raiders and see who might benefit from the added playing time:

Tyrell Williams, JJ Nelson, Hunter Renfrow, Dwayne Harris, Ryan Grant

Certainly Williams becomes the #1.  Many will think that Hunter Renfrow could jump in, but he is a rookie.  One to watch is Ryan Grant, as he did have a productive training camp, and might slide up.

If not the Raiders, look at some teams that are pass-first teams:

Philadelphia:  Alshon Jeffery, Desean Jackson, Nelson Agholor, JJ Whiteside-Arcega, Mack Hollins

While the first 3 are likely owned, the last two offer intriguing options.  Both Jeffery and Jackson have injury history age against them (Jeffery 29, Jackson 32).  Whiteside in particular could benefit to an injury to one of the top two.

Green Bay Packers:  Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Marquez Valdes- Scantling, Jake Kumerow, Darrius Shepard, Allen Lazard

Adams likely went in the first round, but I've noticed that the next two may not have actually been drafted, depending on how deep your league is.  Allison is interesting choice in that the Packers are reportedly going to keep him in the slot, a natural position for him.  He's certainly a benefit in a PPR league.

Cincinnati Bengals:  Tyler Boyd, John Ross, Damion Willis, Pharoh Cooper, Auden Tate, AJ Green (Injured)

The interesting player is John Ross, a former first round draft pick.  He's finally healthy, over the hamstring injury that kept him sidelined during camp.  With Green out and Zac Taylor installing a pass-first offense, Ross does seem to benefit.  This is his third season, so it's time him to step up, and by picking him up, you might just find a quality player.

There are many more, but I'll leave it at this.  I picked up Ross, so we'll see what happens.

10 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

The interesting player is John Ross, a former first round draft pick.  He's finally healthy, over the hamstring injury that kept him sidelined during camp.  With Green out and Zac Taylor installing a pass-first offense, Ross does seem to benefit.  This is his third season, so it's time him to step up, and by picking him up, you might just find a quality player.

There are many more, but I'll leave it at this.  I picked up Ross, so we'll see what happens.

Damion Willis is starting in place of A.J. Green until he gets back, so he's probably a better short-term bandaid than Ross.

Another short-term bandaid, if he wasn't already drafted, would be Cody Latimer for the Giants, starting until Golden Tate gets back from his 4 week vacation.

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Damion Willis is starting in place of A.J. Green until he gets back, so he's probably a better short-term bandaid than Ross.

Another short-term bandaid, if he wasn't already drafted, would be Cody Latimer for the Giants, starting until Golden Tate gets back from his 4 week vacation.

Thanks for this. I believe they had Willis listed as a starter when Ross was injured. Ourlads.com lists both as starting, with the Bengals using a 3-WR set.  I still think he offers an intriguing option.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CIN

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

It's not like Ross won't play at all, but Willis will be taking the place of A.J. Green in the offensive scheme.

Bleacher Report

Thanks for sharing that.  The Bengals will be an interesting team to watch with this new coach and offensive scheme.  It seems strange that we are talking about the Bengals of all teams as possible having some interesting fantasy players.

37 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

Given the recent news, the FFT Admin can delete this thread.

Go Raider Nation!

Or just hide it until next week's episode...

• Haha 1

And now, as assumed, he’s a Patriot. For now. I think any reasonable options should be listened to and presented to any wise fantasy minds you can find at the time. Aka come back here and ask us. In my dreams, I’d get Lockett and a wait and see RB for Brown, but even that might be too much to want.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, AxeElf said:

It's not like Ross won't play at all, but Willis will be taking the place of A.J. Green in the offensive scheme.

Bleacher Report

John Ross line- 7-158-2 TD's 12 targets.  Willis 3-30 on 5 targets.  I didn't play Ross, but picked him up and may play him next week.

Just now, FantasyRetard said:

John Ross line- 7-158-2 TD's 12 targets.  Willis 3-30 on 5 targets.  I didn't play Ross, but picked him up and may play him next week.

He was definitely the open receiver today.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

He was definitely the open receiver today.

The 12 targets is a strong indication that Taylor wants him involved in the offense.  I'll consider playing him as a flex this week, depending on the matchup.