Sign in to follow this  
Armchairwarrior

Is Eifert being overlooked

I dunno, most teams' 2nd-string TEs aren't being given that much play on fantasy football teams, so I wouldn't say he's being overlooked; people are just more interested in drafting the Bengals' starter (C.J. Uzomah).

Parenthetically, C.J. Uzomah IS being largely overlooked at this point, and thus makes a quality depth pickup if you want to carry a TE2.

54 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Parenthetically, C.J. Uzomah IS being largely overlooked at this point, and thus makes a quality depth pickup if you want to carry a TE2.

Uzomah is a much better blocker than receiver.  I think to begin the season, you will see them both on the field together and Uzomah will be utilized as an additional Tackle more than a threat at receiver.  They have too many issues along the offensive line to not use a guy who blocks so well.  Just my opinion, but I can't see Uzomah putting up numbers worthy of even a backup TE.  If my choices were him or no TE2 on my roster, I'm not carrying a TE2.  You can pick up a waiver wire guy for a week that will put up the same numbers.  As an idea of where he is ranked, FantasyPros has him as the 44th overall TE.  I'd consider Eifert as a TE2, but definitely not Uzomah. 

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Uzomah is a much better blocker than receiver.  I think to begin the season, you will see them both on the field together and Uzomah will be utilized as an additional Tackle more than a threat at receiver.  They have too many issues along the offensive line to not use a guy who blocks so well.  Just my opinion, but I can't see Uzomah putting up numbers worthy of even a backup TE.  If my choices were him or no TE2 on my roster, I'm not carrying a TE2.  You can pick up a waiver wire guy for a week that will put up the same numbers.  As an idea of where he is ranked, FantasyPros has him as the 44th overall TE.  I'd consider Eifert as a TE2, but definitely not Uzomah. 

See, this is why the fantasy world needs Axe Elf, to free them from the constraints of ridiculous rankings like that.

Uzomah was the 18th (PPR) or 19th (Standard) TE last year, and he wasn't even technically the starter (although he filled in as such when Eifert was out)--that's a TE2 right there.

This year he is the absolute starter, and in the limited preseason duties that are afforded an NFL starter, he had 3 receptions on 3 targets for 55 yards and a TD.

I would expect him to be a rather high-end TE2 this year.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

See, this is why the fantasy world needs Axe Elf, to free them from the constraints of ridiculous rankings like that.

Uzomah was the 18th (PPR) or 19th (Standard) TE last year, and he wasn't even technically the starter (although he filled in as such when Eifert was out)--that's a TE2 right there.

This year he is the absolute starter, and in the limited preseason duties that are afforded an NFL starter, he had 3 receptions on 3 targets for 55 yards and a TD.

The entire world needs an Axe Elf, not just fantasy football.  Don't limit your audience.  Last season, Eifert wasn't there to take away targets much of the time.  And, if you are relying on the 18th ranked TE, you are already in serious trouble.  lol  Even in the larger leagues like I play in, it's pretty rare for someone that low on the totem pole to be on a roster.  I didn't say he was a bad player or anything, only that he's a better blocker than a WR. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

The entire world needs an Axe Elf, not just fantasy football.  Don't limit your audience.  Last season, Eifert wasn't there to take away targets much of the time.  And, if you are relying on the 18th ranked TE, you are already in serious trouble.  lol  Even in the larger leagues like I play in, it's pretty rare for someone that low on the totem pole to be on a roster.  I didn't say he was a bad player or anything, only that he's a better blocker than a WR. 

I didn't say "rely on him," I said he was being overlooked as a TE2.  If you don't want to carry a TE2, fine, but some people do, especially those who play in DraftMaster or BestBall formats.

And you're right, the world would be a much better place if everyone would take the time to check with Axe Elf before doing anything.

28 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

And you're right, the world would be a much better place if everyone would take the time to check with Axe Elf before doing anything.

Maybe you should try to get an endorsement deal with Axe body wash?  Seems plausible. 

41 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

What the world needs is for you to go get that glamour shot of you and put it as your avatar...you know...

Axe Elf

This one!

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Maybe you should try to get an endorsement deal with Axe body wash?  Seems plausible. 

Who do you think "the Axe effect" was named after?

1 hour ago, jgcrawfish said:

What the world needs is for you to go get that glamour shot of you and put it as your avatar...you know...

Axe Elf

This one!

I'd love to, but there doesn't seem to be any way to add an avatar on my profile.  If you know how, I'd like to know...

When you said "glamour shot" I thought you meant this one...

Axe Elf

20 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I'd love to, but there doesn't seem to be any way to add an avatar on my profile.  If you know how, I'd like to know...

When you said "glamour shot" I thought you meant this one...

Axe Elf

🤣

21 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

You broke him just by asking 

On no, he's much too persistent for that.  😀

8 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

On no, he's much too persistent for that.  😀

I think he was talking about Eifert.

23 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I didn't say "rely on him," I said he was being overlooked as a TE2.  If you don't want to carry a TE2, fine, but some people do, especially those who play in DraftMaster or BestBall formats.

The real problem with Eifert is his health.   I have a soft spot for the guy because he was on a winning team of mine a few years back during his one of his two reasonably healthy years.

I think if you are in a league where there is incentive to have a TE2 on your roster, he is a decent guy to have on your roster as long as he is actually healthy.

There is also the possibility that the injuries take their toll and he may never be the same.   Ankle injuries can sometimes do this.... but if the camp reports are positive hes potentially a waiver wire darling.

I dont know that i'd roster him unless it is a deeper league.   

33 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

The real problem with Eifert is his health.   I have a soft spot for the guy because he was on a winning team of mine a few years back during his one of his two reasonably healthy years.

I think if you are in a league where there is incentive to have a TE2 on your roster, he is a decent guy to have on your roster as long as he is actually healthy.

There is also the possibility that the injuries take their toll and he may never be the same.   Ankle injuries can sometimes do this.... but if the camp reports are positive hes potentially a waiver wire darling.

I dont know that i'd roster him unless it is a deeper league.   

I was talking about C.J. Uzomah, the Bengals starter.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I think he was talking about Eifert.

I wasn't.  :banana:

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I was talking about C.J. Uzomah, the Bengals starter.

well, he has had a good camp.

I read a couple of articles that suggested they may go with a lot of 2 TE sets due to the injuries to AJ Green.

but all bets are off if John Ross actually breaks out this year.