Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Shall we kick off the Week 1 overreaction thread?

He wont be a top seven Qb this season in ff. 

3targets/3recs/57yds, projected out at say 90 targets that's 90 recs/1710yds, even with no TDs that's still pretty good.

Is MVS for real?!

A Jones must be driving the Overreaction Bus!

But there must be people jumping off the Montgomery Train too.

Absolutely nothing to be gleaned from this game and Rodgers is fine. 

Only mild concern is Montgomery with Davis getting so much run. Jones no concern, this was an obvious bad spot for the Packers run game.

23 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Fire Nagy, dump trubisky, fire everyone...coaches,  staff, even the concession people. 

This belongs in the "Throw yourself of a cliff" thread :lol:

1 hour ago, rallo said:

Geronimo... drop him

He’s he third guy and they were never even in 3 WR set I don’t think. Pass rush was too good they needed all guys on the line and it was never a comfortable offense. In different game scenarios things will go differently for everyone. He’s a hold for sure, nothing in this game went according to what they want to do.

Always ask yourself, if this player had a great 2td game next week would it change how you feel about him? The answer of course is yes. However you felt about Geronimo before shouldn’t change now because of this game.

Trubisky won't be the Bears starting QB after their week 8 loss to the eagles drops them to 3-5.

Someone get Anthony Miller and Geronimo Allison's pictures on some milk cartons b/c they're both missing.

So, Matt Lefleur ran a craptastic offense in Tennessee.  The Packers fired Mike McCarthy and brought in this boob.   Look what they got!   10 points!   I know, the Bears have a great defense.  I know it was the first game.   However, that was some VANILLA play calling folks!   If you got em, trade em because the Packers are going to suck this year!!!!    

6 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

So, Matt Lefleur ran a craptastic offense in Tennessee.  The Packers fired Mike McCarthy and brought in this boob.   Look what they got!   10 points!   I know, the Bears have a great defense.  I know it was the first game.   However, that was some VANILLA play calling folks!   If you got em, trade em because the Packers are going to suck this year!!!!    

It was such a stupid offense. You can't run against the Bears. Don't even try it to start the game. Quick passes and misdirection. 

Remember when the Bills pasted the Patriots like 24-0 week 1 then the patriots went on to win the SB I think? Almost zero can ever be gleaned from any week 1 game. All the conclusions you think you are sure about could be the opposite next week. Montgomery could get 25 carries, Allison 2tds etc. 

19 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Remember when the Bills pasted the Patriots like 24-0 week 1 then the patriots went on to win the SB I think? Almost zero can ever be gleaned from any week 1 game. All the conclusions you think you are sure about could be the opposite next week. Montgomery could get 25 carries, Allison 2tds etc. 

The Patriots have been getting smoked in week 1 the last few years I thought. The Lions last year and the Chiefs the year before

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Nope.

I dont think he will but he “could”, that’s not really arguable. Last year CMC started out with games of 10 and then 8 carries then week 3 he had 28. Week 1 tells us nothing.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

I dont think he will but he “could”, that’s not really arguable.

What's not arguable is that he won't.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

What's not arguable is that he won't.

That’s not how facts and arguable things work. It in fact, is inarguably...arguable.

Just now, tanatastic said:

That’s not how facts and arguable things work. It in fact, is inarguably...arguable.

That's arguable.

Just now, tanatastic said:

It’s not.

Sure it is.  Facts are inarguable.  There, I argued it.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Facts are usually accurate 100% of the time

depends on the source of said facts.

I have it from a good source (myself) that this statement is correct 100% of the time.

20 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Absolutely nothing to be gleaned from this game and Rodgers is fine. 

Only mild concern is Montgomery with Davis getting so much run. Jones no concern, this was an obvious bad spot for the Packers run game.

+1

Buy low on Jones now if you can. Bears run defense is dominant.

9 hours ago, Maulers1973 said:

They brought him in to be a “yes” man for Rodgers. This is Rodgers’ team now, and even though it wasn’t pretty, it’s a HUGE win for the division.

15 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

+1

Buy low on Jones now if you can. Bears run defense is dominant.

If you can buy low after a bad week 1 your league probably isn't great. It's when you're not even sure you want to buy at all, that's when those type of guys might be available 

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

If you can buy low after a bad week 1 your league probably isn't great.

Who wants a great league?  Give me a crappy league any day, especially for $250 or more...

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jrokh said:

If you can buy low after a bad week 1 your league probably isn't great. It's when you're not even sure you want to buy at all, that's when those type of guys might be available 

Aaron Jones is FAR from a stud so he should always be available for trade anyway. Maybe his owner drops the asking price a tad bit? It’s not unreasonable, owners panic all the time.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

All facts are based in faith, but facts that are based in a shared faith are inarguable.

In many instances faith, belief, or shared faiths have nothing to do with fact...

Allen Robinson, finally got it back on track!

He'll be a top 5 WR