Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Tyrell Williams - who is adding?

I got him in two leagues.

I added him in two leagues.  AB has gone off the deep end and they will have to throw to someone, right?  Actually, Darren Waller is one to stash IMO but since I'm good at TE, I took the flyer on Ty.  

Based on check down carr, I'm only eyeing Jalen Richard and Waller... i may miss out, but this Raiders team looks like a dumpster fire

13 minutes ago, rallo said:

Based on check down carr, I'm only eyeing Jalen Richard and Waller... i may miss out, but this Raiders team looks like a dumpster fire

Williams is going to get an opportunity and is a big TD target.  May only be a WR3'ish overall, but there's still value there.  

• Like 1

When I kept Brown in my dynasty league, I drafted Willians a round earlier than I normally would have when we drafted 2 weeks ago.

And earlier this week (before the latest circus started) I moved AB for Hilton.

Feeling pretty good about both moves now.

It's probably better for Williams' outlook if Brown stays (and he will).  Williams just isn't the WR1 type. 

Tyrrell was a decent late round guy even with AB there. Problem is, Carr sucks. I think that caps his upside but still worth a bench spot

33 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It's probably better for Williams' outlook if Brown stays (and he will).  Williams just isn't the WR1 type. 

Wrote that before I saw the latest... I'm kind of amazed that the Raiders actually let him go.  I guess they're basically saying they'd rather have another 5-6 win season than have to deal with AB's nonsense.

Dan Snyder is on the white courtesy telephone...  paging Antonio Brown... white courtesy telephone, please...

Williams was drafted in every league I’m in unfortunately. I have Waller and Antonio in one league, grabbed Renfrow in another 

I can’t belive there would be leagues that didn’t draft him. 

I bet Keelan Doss wishes he had stayed on the Raiders' practice squad now instead of bailing for Jacksonville's.

32 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I bet Keelan Doss wishes he had stayed on the Raiders' practice squad now instead of bailing for Jacksonville's.

NFL network just reported that Doss got offered NFL minimum salary to stay with Jags because the Raiders were trying to sign him back off the practice squad

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Wrote that before I saw the latest... I'm kind of amazed that the Raiders actually let him go.  I guess they're basically saying they'd rather have another 5-6 win season than have to deal with AB's nonsense.

Dan Snyder is on the white courtesy telephone...  paging Antonio Brown... white courtesy telephone, please...

I am not surprised at all.

Mike Maylock, new GM, no NFL experience, but considered a great talent evaluator.  many said he wouldnt be a good GM due to lack of NFL experience.

gets challenged by a diva WR in first few months on the job and just prior to the very first regular season game.

If he caves he sets the precedent for which the rest of the team will behave.   Maylock had no choice but to do what he did.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I am not surprised at all.

Mike Maylock, new GM, no NFL experience, but considered a great talent evaluator.  many said he wouldnt be a good GM due to lack of NFL experience.

gets challenged by a diva WR in first few months on the job and just prior to the very first regular season game.

If he caves he sets the precedent for which the rest of the team will behave.   Maylock had no choice but to do what he did.

Apparently he did have a choice, because up until Brown publicly asked for his release on Saturday morning, he was still starting Monday night.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Apparently he did have a choice, because up until Brown publicly asked for his release on Saturday morning, he was still starting Monday night.

Exactly 

59 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I think the plan was to release him all along.  he probably needed to play nice while consulting the lawyers to make sure hes able to do what he wants without hurting the team

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

you dont seriously think Maylock thought he'd cancel his guarantees and that he'd stay and play for the team did you?   

this was deliberate.

I dont blame him.   personally, If I were in his shoes, I'd have suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team and let him sit 3 or 4 weeks without pay before giving him his release.

Maylock was nice by not dragging it out IMO.