Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Antonio Brown signs with Patriots

36 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

He signed with the Patriots, not Green Bay.  So I guess he settled for second best instead.

HTH.

They have the best record in the NFL, so as of today, I gotta agree.

• Like 1

Pats are probably the best situation for AB. Strong veteran leadership and head coach that’s giod enough even without him where they won’t have to take his shiit. I’d feel a little dirty as a fan having to root for AB but Pats fans made a clean part with dignity years ago. Win win.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Pot kettle...something...

Not really. I don’t keep bringing up accomplishments from my past in almost every thread. Haven’t even talked about my past in months 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Not really. I don’t keep bringing up accomplishments from my past in almost every thread. Haven’t even talked about my past in months 

Ok, that settles it. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Your past includes, but is not limited to (Augusta etc)  you calling yourself Major and being an MD. Good move not looking back. Lol. 

• Like 1

I predict 2 fights...and a total shitshow.  Brown cant even play can he?  I figured week 2

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Your past includes, but is not limited to (Augusta etc)  you calling yourself Major and being an MD. Good move not looking back. Lol. 

What is wrong with you? 

👶

Once again the patriots play chess while the rest of the league plays checkers and the raiders barely play tic tac toe.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Once again the patriots play chess while the rest of the league plays checkers and the raiders barely play tic tac toe.

I wouldn't say that. The gave him guaranteed money that he didn't have before. No stroke of genius there. 

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

You should write for Mitch Hedberg.  🤔

16 hours ago, Reality said:

Just gave away 15-20 million, about as dumb as Le'veon.

Not really. When he gets his next contract he will get paid more probably. Brown wasnt happy with his contract making 15 mil a year. He is how out of that contract. He makes 15 this year and then probably 20 per year the next few years. 10 mil swing in favor of Browns pocket

36 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Not really. When he gets his next contract he will get paid more probably. Brown wasnt happy with his contract making 15 mil a year. He is how out of that contract. He makes 15 this year and then probably 20 per year the next few years. 10 mil swing in favor of Browns pocket

With up to 15 and nothing guaranteed for next year. That's what we know, I'll stick to that.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

With up to 15 and nothing guaranteed for next year. That's what we know, I'll stick to that.

It’s definitely a gamble. I’ll say this for the guy, it seems he really does want to win. If it was all about the money you go through the motions for a couple years on the guaranteed payday 

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No he doesn't. 

18 hours ago, Reality said:

Fake news but, he doesn't give a sh!t about anything other than himself. 

Yup, they lost the SB he was in.

Antonio Brown is a typical thug.

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

And yet people here laughed when I said it seems like he did all that just to get released. Looks like I was right (again). 

32 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

And yet people here laughed when I said it seems like he did all that just to get released. Looks like I was right (again). 

I dont think theres enough evidence to conclude that yet,  but shoulda been on your mind if you followed the story.

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I dont think theres enough evidence to conclude that yet,  but shoulda been on your mind if you followed the story.

It seemed like as soon as he signed it shoulda made people think “maybe he did it on purpose”. But people here were saying “noooo he wouldn’t have done that” while I’m over here like 👀 

57 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

“maybe he did it on purpose"

Yeah who knows.  Maybe he didnt buy into Gruden/Mcoys philosophy.  Maybe hes convinced Raiders are 6-10 at best. Maybe he thought Carr sucks and would expose the fact that Big Ben made AB so good.  Maybe his family just didnt like Oakland.  People, especially multi millionaires, do things that seem nonsensical to most.  I dont buy into the fact that he didnt do it on purpose cuz he was walking away from money.  Just look at the millions that Brady has given up to be a Patriot.

Looking back on it, it does seem like a calculated move by AB to end up with the Patriots. 

He wasn’t a FA so he couldn’t just jump to a championship team like an NBA player.  

And I certainly don’t put it past the Pats organization to help him land where he wanted to go all along. 

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Looking back on it, it does seem like a calculated move by AB to end up with the Patriots. 

He wasn’t a FA so he couldn’t just jump to a championship team like an NBA player.  

And I certainly don’t put it past the Pats organization to help him land where he wanted to go all along. 

I think they might’ve had a deal ready to go after seeing all what was goin down just in case. Make signing him easier. And im sure as soon as they got the news he was released they had that agent and AB on the phone immediately. Deal got done way too dam quick for them not to have a deal ready to go 

Wait....hold on....are you all suggesting that that Patriots organization may have done something inappropriate??  Underhanded??   I mean....even, illegal?? :shocking:

On 9/7/2019 at 3:16 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Congrats Patriots. No wonder these A-holes never behave. 

It's been all downhill since scumbag Eli refused to play for the team that drafted him.

After seeing how good they looked last night, hard to justify the signing of Antonio Clown

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

Wait....hold on....are you all suggesting that that Patriots organization may have done something inappropriate??  Underhanded??   I mean....even, illegal?? :shocking:

all that to sign a guy for 1 year? :wacko: 

Beat the falcons fair and square - 28 - 3

Don't forget the Pats wanted him all along, Steelers said no.Yeah there's nothing shady here :rolleyes:

Per Schefter

Patriots tried to trade for Antonio Brown in March, but Steelers did not want to trade him to a rival. So instead of having to give up a pick or picks for him in March, Patriots get Brown without having to compensate another team in September.

It's hard to believe that they could go from not communicating to completed $15M contract within an hour.  But it's equally hard to believe that Brown knew details, because the Pats wouldn't take the chance of AB singing (which would be a virtual certainty).  My money is on the whole thing coordinated by Rosenhaus behind the scenes.  Either way the NFL has to investigate.

Haha im pretty sure once he was released ..teams could talk to him...couldn't sign the deal until 4pm you focking jealous ass crybabies.  :lol:

investigate what anyway and do what about it ?