Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Antonio Brown signs with Patriots

Belichick is without a doubt the best coach in the history of the NFL.  There's no debate.

Just now, MDC said:

Nothing. It was just a bad call. HTH

I thought it was a great call and called according to how the rule was written 

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Belichick is without a doubt the best coach in the history of the NFL.  There's no debate.

This guy gets it, doesn't let sour grape emotions get in the way of logic.  

:thumbsup:

Anyone ask Michael Bennett about this? He of the "Model Franchise". Lol 

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I thought it was a great call and called according to how the rule was written 

Well of course you do. It was your first year of watching foosball. 🙄 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, drobeski said:

You said the tuck rule made belichick realize he can game the system :doh:

ray is crying about legal formations like his dumb coach

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Well of course you do. It was your first year of watching foosball. 🙄 

Does that help with the hurt ? :(

Just now, Herbivore said:

ray is crying about legal formations like his dumb coach

:lol: remember that... its weird these envious sore losers always direct their frustration at the pats instead of directing it where it belongs ...at the shortcomings,  idiocy and failures of their favorite coaches and teams. It has to be some sort of coping method. 

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Does that help with the hurt ? :(

No, but SB52 sure did. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

You said the tuck rule made belichick realize he can game the system :doh:

Correct.  Prior to him watching that situation mishandled so badly I dont believe he had any inclinations toward abusing the rules, after that situation I think he had his "aha" moment and realized that moving forward he could use the rules against other people, not simply play against them

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Correct.  Prior to him watching that situation mishandled so badly I dont believe he had any inclinations toward abusing the rules, after that situation I think he had his "aha" moment and realized that moving forward he could use the rules against other people, not simply play against them

I disagree.  I think he was finding edges long before that.

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I disagree.  I think he was finding edges long before that.

Perhaps, I submit that it was only after that instance where we can at least trace back to find his shenanigans..... but it is reasonable to assume this has always just been part of him and who he is.

Just now, RLLD said:

Perhaps, I submit that it was only after that instance where we can at least trace back to find his shenanigans..... but it is reasonable to assume this has always just been part of him and who he is.

But that instance had nothing to do with bill or shenanigans,  you're somehow attempting to force a sqaure peg into round hole.

Why is that ?

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I think he's always trying to push to the exact line before it's "cheating".  Sometimes his measure of where that line is has been wrong and he's been punished for it.  Even with the punishments, if I was starting an "all time" franchise, he'd be the coach of the team and maybe the only position on the whole team that was a 100% lock.

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

Like him or hate him...gotta give cred

He didn't get the Giants job because of some scumbaggery on his part. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He didn't get the Giants job because of some scumbaggery on his part. 

Too good ?

2 hours ago, Kanil said:

Absolutely.  If I'm starting a new franchise, I'd take Belichick before Brady.

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

I think he's always trying to push to the exact line before it's "cheating".  Sometimes his measure of where that line is has been wrong and he's been punished for it.  Even with the punishments, if I was starting an "all time" franchise, he'd be the coach of the team and maybe the only position on the whole team that was a 100% lock.

Yeah, I think that is pretty accurate....

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

What bending of the rules was the Tuck Rule?  The ball was originally ruled a fumble and the referees reviewed the play and overturned it.  Belichick had nothing to do with it.  Do you think that he somehow coached Brady to be hit at that moment in the middle of snowstorm just to dash the hopes of the Raiders?  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

3-13

5-11

0-1

Ha Giants are  RMFF. 0-2 is the number you should be concerned with.  

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What bending of the rules was the Tuck Rule?  The ball was originally ruled a fumble and the referees reviewed the play and overturned it.  Belichick had nothing to do with it.  Do you think that he somehow coached Brady to be hit at that moment in the middle of snowstorm just to dash the hopes of the Raiders?  :lol:

Raiders got screwed. Everyone knows that. But that's not an incident where the Pats cheated. Now, the other 100 plays are suspect. Were they even hiding the guy doing the filming back then? 

The tuck rule fiasco wasn’t cheating. It just looks bad in light of the 2-3 other Super Bowls the Pats shouldn’t have won because they were cheating. Really they should have 2 rings tops. 

The fans know. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Raiders got screwed. Everyone knows that. But that's not an incident where the Pats cheated. Now, the other 100 plays are suspect. Were they even hiding the guy doing the filming back then? 

Personally, I'd rather the Patriots win the next 50 SBs than the Raiders win 1.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Again......and let me be VERY clear this time.....

It was this event......the tuck rule event.....which the officials screwed up......over which Bellicheat had neither control nor active participation....that caught his attention and inspired his imagination....he looked at the situation and immediate understood that moving forward he could manipulate situations to either flout the rules or skirt them....

He did not cause the tuck rule stupidity, he did not contribute to it, he not create it....he did not make it happen.....he simply saw it and said "holt sh!t, I bet I could make this sh!t work for me" and then he did so thereafter....the tuck rule vent was proof that cheating was possible....

Sweet mothfocking christ I hope it gets through this time....

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Again......and let me be VERY clear this time.....

It was this event......the tuck rule event.....which the officials screwed up......over which Bellicheat had neither control nor active participation....that caught his attention and inspired his imagination....he looked at the situation and immediate understood that moving forward he could manipulate situations to either flout the rules or skirt them....

He did not cause the tuck rule stupidity, he did not contribute to it, he not create it....he did not make it happen.....he simply saw it and said "holt sh!t, I bet I could make this sh!t work for me" and then he did so thereafter....the tuck rule vent was proof that cheating was possible....

Sweet mothfocking christ I hope it gets through this time....

Yeah, this makes sense.  Bill had only been coaching in the NFL in one capacity or another for around 20 years at that point.  I'm sure it's the first time he saw something wonky happen with the rules.  Perfectly logical.  :lol: 

I think what RLLD is saying is belichick tried out the dark side of the force thing where he waved his hand and said to the referee “that was a fumble.” Then holy sh1t it actually worked! and ever since then Bill has gone full Emperor Palpatine. Once you get a taste...

16 minutes ago, parrot said:

Yeah, this makes sense.  Bill had only been coaching in the NFL in one capacity or another for around 20 years at that point.  I'm sure it's the first time he saw something wonky happen with the rules.  Perfectly logical.  :lol: 

Do you have evidence of anything prior to that season where he did anything that might be seen as skirting the rules?

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I think what RLLD is saying is belichick tried out the dark side of the force thing where he waved his hand and said to the referee “that was a fumble.” Then holy sh1t it actually worked! and ever since then Bill has gone full Emperor Palpatine. Once you get a taste...

Wrong.....let me restate it against for you.

The referees screwed up and Bellicheat noticed, later he delved int the dark side....it was the tuck rule mistake that gave him the "AHA" moment that would lead him to chasing ways to cheat....later....

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Wrong.....let me restate it against for you.

The referees screwed up and Bellicheat noticed, later he delved int the dark side....it was the tuck rule mistake that gave him the "AHA" moment that would lead him to chasing ways to cheat....later....

Did you make up that mind blowing and mind reading scenario yourself ? or did you steal it from someone with an extra chromosome or 2 ?

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Do you have evidence of anything prior to that season where he did anything that might be seen as skirting the rules?

In 2001, they allegedly had a player who was on IR practicing with the team.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

In 2001, they allegedly had a player who was on IR practicing with the team.

Goodell destroyed the tapes. Why? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Goodell destroyed the tapes. Why? 

Might have showed that they did not justify the penalty. Might have showed that it warranted more. He may still have them and told people he destroyed them. I don’t know. Do you?

35 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Might have showed that they did not justify the penalty. Might have showed that it warranted more. He may still have them and told people he destroyed them. I don’t know. Do you?

I know he says he destroyed them. And the Oats didn't protest that or the punishment. And they were either illegally taping or they weren't. Your fantasy doesn't hold up. So let's get back to reality. Why did he destroy them? Much more likely they were worse.than what we were told. Perhaps tapes of practices? From Super Bowl week?