Sign in to follow this  
EternalShinyAndChrome

Future Antonio Brown Released by Patriots Thread

I hope he plays all year and has a great season.  I hope the Pats go 16-0, and meet the Steelers in the AFC championship.  AB drops a key pass, the Steelers win, and AB spontaneously combusts at the 50 yd line

Brown will not play a down with New England either.  He hasn't been right since the hit by Burfict.  He's going down the road of another ex Pat (Seau).

37 minutes ago, tplbge said:

Brown will not play a down with New England either.  He hasn't been right since the hit by Burfict.  He's going down the road of another ex Pat (Seau).

:lol:sure.gif.ddcc26587f87ae3a016d547678f468ec.gif

He has a history of not showing up for meetings, showing up late for team flights, running wrong routes and of course revealing very private team info over social media. None of those things will fly in New England. I could see everything going along great and getting an Adam Schefter tweet out of the blue on a Friday before an important game that Brown has been released. 

I'm sure Belichek will read him the riot act early.

he will be better behaved here because this is a winning team.  if belechek cuts him I dont think anyone else gives him a shot.

he swallowed enough of his pride to sign a 1 year prove it deal.   make no mistake this cost AB a lot of cash.  a year older even if he performs, he will never be able to make the kind of money he was on contract for in Oakland.

I understand a lot of people want that to happen. His self destruction is very entertaining. It just will not happen this time. A well behaved AB is sorta boring. Especially when he is going to be crushing it every week for the easily hated Pats. 

15 minutes ago, Connorsdad said:

I understand a lot of people want that to happen. His self destruction is very entertaining. It just will not happen this time. A well behaved AB is sorta boring. Especially when he is going to be crushing it every week for the easily hated Pats. 

guys like him tend to be better teammates when the team is winning.   but make no mistake about it, if he tries to  hold belichek  hostage, he will be gone without hesitation.

4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

guys like him tend to be better teammates when the team is winning.   but make no mistake about it, if he tries to  hold belichek  hostage, he will be gone without hesitation.

I completely agree Ray. Trust me when I say I know for a fact he will be a better professional on the Patriots. 

48 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

He has a history of not showing up for meetings, showing up late for team flights, running wrong routes and of course revealing very private team info over social media. None of those things will fly in New England. I could see everything going along great and getting an Adam Schefter tweet out of the blue on a Friday before an important game that Brown has been released. 

Yeah, I heard an interview with one of his teammates in Pittsburgh that said all this as well. He said Tomlin covered up for him  to the media all the time as well as they never really fined him for all those things. Only small fines that did not get to the press.

I could see he if he feels really embarrassed after getting cut and losing $30 million that he straightens up for a while just to be able to point the finger at the "bad guys" in Oakland. See I'm fine in New England? It was never me, it was them. But who knows. In the end.:dunno:  

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

He will be cut right before week 6. Write it down. 

Going with the Haynesworth analogy. 

Could be apt. We shall see

He played the Raiders perfectly. Now he can go on to win a Super Bowl and the GOAT can keep Giselle another year.