Sign in to follow this  
NAn

Week1 ACTUAL Observations

Not looking at the box scores,  your observations from actually watching game/s.

1st halves...

Not sure if it's Atl's D, but Cook looks quick and strong: great cuts/burst

Wentz is off, likely b/c of few/no reps in preseason but just looks a beat slow on each throw.

Mcaffrey doing it all: burst/strong/shifty and involved.

And my 'no duh' observation: play anyone against the Phins.

Mahomes is still a beast.  And with injuries and an ejection I'm not sure jax d is as tough as the one pat faced last year, but I don't see many teams slowing the chiefs down.

Hard to tell what the chiefs revamped d is yet.  I'm not sure Jacksonville is the toughest measuring stick.

Fournette looks good but foles injury looks serious.  Not sure what to make of Jacksonville yet.

Also Sammy Watkins :thumbsup:

Shady looks really good in limited action as well.  I could see his involvement increasing as the season progresses.

Just now, cmh6476 said:

Shady looks really good in limited action as well.  I could see his involvement increasing as the season progresses.

Agreed, missed that one.  Think (your thoughts CMH?) as next few weeks progress and he gets more acclimated to team/playbook could be really involved in backfield.

Now jaylen Ramsey limps of the field.  Poor jax.

Yeah just watching what shady is doing, within just a couple weeks I could envision him being our featured back.

The Browns aren't quite a Super Bowl contender just yet

Stick a fork in the Falcons, they have talent at the skill positions but not much else

Okay, Wentz coming around, but caveat I was speaking to the timing routes, 2 of 3 TDs were bombs where was about just waiting for DJax to come open.

Minshew looks good.  However chiefs d has made a lot of qbs look good over the years so hard to put a lot of merit into just this week.

The importance of drafting a stud QB early was borne out today as Patrick Mahomes owners were paid off by their 3rd round/$25 QB with a 378 yard, 3 TD performance.

Most everyone else could have picked up Case Keenum as a pre-game free agent and taken 380 yards and 3 TDs.

Whoever had Watkins, Marquise Brown and DJ Chark in their lineup knows more than everyone else🙄 Oh yeah, I predicted the Fins would go 2-14, now I'm not so sure.🤔

Now Jameis would be an example of a player you COULD potentially buy low after 1 bad game...

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

The importance of drafting a stud QB early was borne out today as Patrick Mahomes owners were paid off by their 3rd round/$25 QB with a 378 yard, 3 TD performance.

Most everyone else could have picked up Case Keenum as a pre-game free agent and taken 380 yards and 3 TDs.

yep or you could have drafted Jameis and been killing it

also why draft Davante Adams when I could have grabbed Mclaurin for free

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Now Jameis would be an example of a player you COULD potentially buy low after 1 bad game...

if you need a QB 2 I guess, even going forward, hes nowhere near the top 12, and maybe in that 15-20 range

Baker is a buy low

18 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

if you need a QB 2 I guess, even going forward, hes nowhere near the top 12, and maybe in that 15-20 range

Baker is a buy low

Baker won't be sold low by an even average owner. Jameis, could probably be had low, Baker would still cost full price

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Baker won't be sold low buy an even average owner. Jameis, could probably be had low, Baker would still cost full price

maybe so, but just going off FFToday, Jameis was no 5, Baker no 4 coming into the year

I wouldn't buy either

Winston is objectively a horrible qb and has no business starting. I know the oline is rough but c’mon. I guess BA cussing at him wasn’t enough. Still still too many impressively bad decisions and throws.

Seattle’s defense might actually be notably bad this year.

I trust the Eagles offense overall but I’m horrified that Miles Sanders won’t get used enough to be the party he could be.

Just like I figured: the Lions still can’t run the ball like adults.

And oh, Cleveland’s oline might ruin whatever wild dreams folks had for them.

Giants have the only coach in the league that pulls his star down 3 scores with 5 minutes left ... (Correctly)

But of course thats 15 free garbage time points Saquon doesn't get.

16 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

The Chargers' offense is just fine without Melvin. 

Yep. Looks like they know how to run with whoever they have. And Ekeler is legit shifty/quick so he’s going to make plays sometimes. Melvin is screwed. And I’m one of the ‘Melvin is a pretty good and tough rb’ folks.

13 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Hockenson is for REAL.

I’m impressed that they used him. Hopefully it’ll last.

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Hmmmm.

Yeah tale of two halves with Murray and Air Raid O.

And agreed on Hockerson, kid is big target, getting separation routinely.

Start everyone against the Browns and Dolphins.

Start QB/WR/TE against the Cardinals and  Giants.

Start QB/WR against the Chiefs, Colts, Eagles, Redskins, Seahawks.

Start TE against the Cowboys and Vikings.

Start RB against the Chargers and Falcons. Guess I can add pass catching backs against the Colts.

Start Defense against TB.

Didn’t really add starts for studs that went off. Bell, TY, McCaffery, any KC player..

Hockensen top ten te this season. 

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Zona offense trash, Murray overrated. Expect more of same from DJ at best.

How did that turn out? DJ got me 30. Murray would have given me a better shot at winning in 3 leagues. 

17 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

Ronald jones III is the RB to own in Tampa 

Maybe. 

Still 13 more regular season ff games to go, and he might not be the one on a weekly bases. 

11 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

How did that turn out? DJ got me 30. Murray would have given me a better shot at winning in 3 leagues. 

Obsiously turned out bad as they completely turned it on after I made this post. 

• Haha 1

Lamar Jackson is going to be the fantasy MVP this year as well as perhaps the real life MVP. Yes the dolphins are really bad but some of those throws he made today were literally PERFECT. He was dropping dimes all day without pressure. And you have to figure when a team gets some pressure then we’ll see the wheels. I would buy high if anyone was willing to sell.

Mclaurin seems to be a very real WR2.  Constantly getting behind the eagles DEF.  Should have added another 70+ TD (had a large lead) onto his totals but Keenum just missed his throw.  It's apparent WAS isn't afraid to throw it down field, and Mclaurin was the one constantly there for those attempts.  I'll glady take him where I can as a very high upside WR2/3.    

23 minutes ago, defectivesupport said:

Mclaurin seems to be a very real WR2.  Constantly getting behind the eagles DEF.  Should have added another 70+ TD (had a large lead) onto his totals but Keenum just missed his throw.  It's apparent WAS isn't afraid to throw it down field, and Mclaurin was the one constantly there for those attempts.  I'll glady take him where I can as a very high upside WR2/3.    

Just need to hope Haskins has the same connection.