Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Baker Mayfield

9 minutes ago, jrbdmb said:

Browns gonna Brown.

Yep, nothing has changed there. They're just paying alot (Beckham) more this year for the same crap.

4 minutes ago, jrbdmb said:

I kinda feel bad for OBJ, it's going to be a long winter in Cleveland.

It gets cold there, I'm sure he'll tweak/pull something and miss time. He'll still get paid, that's the main thing.

Not how he wanted to start the season

Everyone laughed at Gettelman. Less are laughing now. Soon no one will be laughing...

Good time to buy low this week. He has the weapons and will get his...

If Baker Mayfield hit the waiver wire, I wouldn't pick him up. 

I have Wentz, but there's easily 10+ other QB's I'd rather have.  Mayfield's mid-6th round ADP was insane.

32 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Good time to buy low this week. He has the weapons and will get his...

Think everyone needs to chillax on the week 1 buy lows. In competitive leagues no one is selling low based on the first game. Its like pre-season for a lot of teams. The Browns play the Jets next week, I would bet they look better.

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Think everyone needs to chillax on the week 1 buy lows. In competitive leagues no one is selling low based on the first game. Its like pre-season for a lot of teams. The Browns play the Jets next week, I would bet they look better.

Never underestimate the power of human emotion and overreaction...

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

Never underestimate the power of human emotion and overreaction...

Its true that people have different experiences. I've never experienced what you are representing. No league I've played in had owners willing to sell low off 1 game...

22 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Jets D is no push over.  It's their offense that stinks.

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'm happy with what he did today.  285 and a TD isn't bad.  He'll  get better.

But it's those 3 picks, one a pick-six. People said Bortles would get better to, until he didn't.

1 minute ago, jrbdmb said:

But it's those 3 picks, one a pick-six. People said Bortles would get better to, until he didn't.

Let's give him more than one game before we make Bortles comparisons.  BTW, Bortles won me a championship the year he went bonkers.  :)

Awfull stats for mr Mayfield.  

Good news for the Browns fans, looks like everything will be normal this season. 

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

It’s one game. 

47 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It's one game.  Give it a rest.

I like to think of it as the first of many.

It’s one game yes, but is this now like the nfl, we can’t have any fun. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

It’s one game yes, but is this now like the nfl, we can’t have any fun. 

They have the Rams, Ravens, Seahawks, and Pats, in the next six games. That could leave them 2 and 5, if they can beat the Jets and 49ers. 

Not a fantasy response, as Im sure Baker will end up with nice stats as most any QBs do these days.  

But for real football?  All the hype and you are opening the year in your house with ODBJr  now on board.  With what was said to be a very solid defense?

Lot of hype there.  Not trying to overreact but that was a sad performance.  Too much hype for the Browns organization.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not a fantasy response, as Im sure Baker will end up with nice stats as most any QBs do these days.  

But for real football?  All the hype and you are opening the year in your house with ODBJr  now on board.  With what was said to be a very solid defense?

Lot of hype there.  Not trying to overreact but that was a sad performance.  Too much hype for the Browns organization.  

I see many Browns games being in Ohio and over the years a good amount of talent has gone through that organization.  I haven't been paying attention to the management/coaching changes lately, but that has always been the problem as long as I can remember.  I know it's only one game, but it's shaping up to be that way again.

16 hours ago, jrokh said:

Everyone laughed at Gettelman. Less are laughing now. Soon no one will be laughing...

Gettelman doesn't get the credit he's due.  The Giants obviously need rebuilding, but people laughed when he traded OBJ.  Then they mocked him for where he drafted his QB.  It's early, but he sure seems to know what he's doing.  That Barkley pick sure looks good.  Give him another draft and another free agency period and I suspect the Giants will be back to competing.  They may not be "good" in 2020, but competitive.  He's had to rip that team apart. 

18 hours ago, jrokh said:

AKA, NYJ Def #1 waiver wire target.  Thanks for the tip!

well, the line could have protected him better.

I do think that the browns will turn it around, but I do think they are a good year away from competing in the superbowl.

I predict playoffs, with a first round exit.

And the backup tackle was injured the next series, therefore they had to move their RT to LT and the last ol left on the bench was a G who they had to shift to RT.