Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Week 1 Waiver Wire Targets

Pettis. 

Did the Yahoo (maybe other leagues you can do this) where I dropped a guy who played sunday for someone who plays Monday night. 

Vance McDonald wasn't used...so grabbed Waller. If he shows anything vance is gone.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Vance McDonald wasn't used...so grabbed Waller. If he shows anything vance is gone.

I think you will be happy with that trade.  McDonald uses butter for gloves.

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Did the Yahoo (maybe other leagues you can do this) where I dropped a guy who played sunday for someone who plays Monday night. 

yes, Yahoo will let you drop a player on your bench (even if he's played) for a free agent that hasn't played yet.

3 hours ago, Eddie Kennison said:

STFU. Nobody cares about you or your league. Stop trying to derail the thread. There’s always one clown that makes a post like this. All leagues aren’t the same.

Now, let’s get back to discussing these waiver wire targets.

Everyone please get off your high horse.

Yes we know you play in the most competitive leagues known around the country.

Some leagues may not have the same roster limits as your Million Dollar league

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

ESPN and Yahoo are two of, if not THE two, largest fantasy football platforms on the planet.  ESPN standard leagues are typically 8, 10 or 12 team leagues, while Yahoo public and Pro leagues are typically 10 team leagues.  Both sites also offer customizations for larger (and smaller) leagues; up to 20 teams on Yahoo (not sure about the max for ESPN).  As the largest fantasy football platforms in the world, they also attract a wide variety of players, from the experienced and skilled all the way down to the novice office leagues, so these ownership percentages should be seen as an overall average of all skill levels in an average of 10 team leagues.

I don't really get why people seem to think it's bragging on their league to say that these players are already owned.  I mean, if your league is huge with deep rosters, then of course more players are going to be owned.  But if you're in a typical 10-12 team league with 16-17 player rosters, and guys who were 3rd or 4th on the depth chart for their own team, like Terry McLaurin and D.J. Chark, were being drafted in your league, that tells me that your league is likely composed of novices who are chasing tips from some sleeper forecast they saw on TV, because there were much better draft options available.

If you think McLaurin was 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, maybe you were the one reading the bad magazines?  At least three weeks prior to the season it was well known he would be on the field as much as any other WR on the Redskins and he's obviously the most talented.  Maybe some people stayed away because he's a rookie with a bad QB situation?  I'm not sure.  The point is though that he was a well known commodity and I've not seen him on any waiver wire in a paid league. 

I am fully aware of the size of their fantasy football presence, but I also know they are home to mostly free leagues, or incredibly low entry fees.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with free leagues, but will say they are not nearly the same as a higher dollar paid league.  I played in free leagues when I first started fantasy football.  Midway through the season, half the owners don't bother checking in anymore.  Free leagues attract novices, not $250 entry fee leagues where you are also paying $2 per waiver move (goes to the high score of the week).  The only leagues where some of the above folks were not drafted in were because owners followed whatever list the site was using during their draft.  That's worse than using a magazine. 

Also - Chark was listed as 2nd on his depth chart all preseason if you took Lee out of the equation, and only a novice would think Lee was going to have any value at all this season.  He was the 2nd WR drafted from the Jags (the only 2) in most leagues.  I'm not sure where you come up with either he or McLaurin weren't worth drafting.  I can see not drafting Chark more than McLaurin, but even in a 16/17 team draft, there is plenty of roster room for someone with a ceiling as high as either of these guys had/have. 

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Everyone here is already on a team in my league. If anyone dropped AP when he was demoted you can pick him back up, Guice hurt already and prob will be hurt again.

Don't forget about Bryce Love coming back at some point. If healthy, he could take over that offense...

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If you think McLaurin was 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, maybe you were the one reading the bad magazines?  At least three weeks prior to the season it was well known he would be on the field as much as any other WR on the Redskins and he's obviously the most talented.  Maybe some people stayed away because he's a rookie with a bad QB situation?  I'm not sure.  The point is though that he was a well known commodity and I've not seen him on any waiver wire in a paid league. 

I am fully aware of the size of their fantasy football presence, but I also know they are home to mostly free leagues, or incredibly low entry fees.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with free leagues, but will say they are not nearly the same as a higher dollar paid league.  I played in free leagues when I first started fantasy football.  Midway through the season, half the owners don't bother checking in anymore.  Free leagues attract novices, not $250 entry fee leagues where you are also paying $2 per waiver move (goes to the high score of the week).  The only leagues where some of the above folks were not drafted in were because owners followed whatever list the site was using during their draft.  That's worse than using a magazine. 

Also - Chark was listed as 2nd on his depth chart all preseason if you took Lee out of the equation, and only a novice would think Lee was going to have any value at all this season.  He was the 2nd WR drafted from the Jags (the only 2) in most leagues.  I'm not sure where you come up with either he or McLaurin weren't worth drafting.  I can see not drafting Chark more than McLaurin, but even in a 16/17 team draft, there is plenty of roster room for someone with a ceiling as high as either of these guys had/have. 

Hard to tell if you're just trolling, or badly in need of education, but I tend to assume the best in people, so let's go with the need for education... for now.

McLaurin has climbed the depth chart over the summer, to be sure, but it wasn't that long ago that he was presumed to be 4th behind Richardson, Doctson and Quinn.  When Doctson was released, maybe he became 3rd, or what the heck, even 2nd if you were a fan--but then the rookie/bad QB/poor offense factors all came into play too.  The bottom line is that McLaurin isn't even listed among the top 70 WRs on ESPN's final preseason rankings (9/7)--and that's 5 WRs deep in a 14 team league (or 6 WRs deep in a 12 team league).  In fact, the only Redskins WR listed there at all is Trey Quinn at #67.  So hindsight is 20/20, to be sure, but if you were drafting him before the season started, you were either taking a flyer on a favorite sleeper, or you were drafting ignorant of at least 70 better options.

D.J. Chark?  He doesn't appear among the top 70 either.  He was presumed to be behind Westbrook, Conley and Cole--as well as probably Lee, once he got back up to speed.  He may still fall behind Lee, we don't know yet, but he managed to outplay Cole on the depth chart.  Still, there weren't a lot of people drafting a marginal #3 WR for the Jaguars.

I understand the problems with free leagues, but we're not talking about halfway through the season when people lose interest and drop out; we're not even talking about Week 1--we're talking about players who were DRAFTED.  Most people who drafted had an interest in drafting reasonably well, and even if one or two people in every league didn't, there were another 10 who did.

So if you want to talk about how these players "should" have been drafted, then you're basically saying that at least one person in every league "should" have drafted like a chimp.

Parenthetically, FantasyPros, which goes way deeper than the top 70, has D.J. Chark listed at #79 and Terry McLaurin at #96.

• Like 1

Mclaurin is the easy no 1 claim 

Ross doesn't give much long term imo

Chark is at best the no 3, and maybe no 4 (Lee)

Hockenson I drafted and then dropped for Waller when AB was released FML

57 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Hard to tell if you're just trolling, or badly in need of education, but I tend to assume the best in people, so let's go with the need for education... for now.

McLaurin has climbed the depth chart over the summer, to be sure, but it wasn't that long ago that he was presumed to be 4th behind Richardson, Doctson and Quinn.  When Doctson was released, maybe he became 3rd, or what the heck, even 2nd if you were a fan--but then the rookie/bad QB/poor offense factors all came into play too.  The bottom line is that McLaurin isn't even listed among the top 70 WRs on ESPN's final preseason rankings (9/7)--and that's 5 WRs deep in a 14 team league (or 6 WRs deep in a 12 team league).  In fact, the only Redskins WR listed there at all is Trey Quinn at #67.  So hindsight is 20/20, to be sure, but if you were drafting him before the season started, you were either taking a flyer on a favorite sleeper, or you were drafting ignorant of at least 70 better options.

D.J. Chark?  He doesn't appear among the top 70 either.  He was presumed to be behind Westbrook, Conley and Cole--as well as probably Lee, once he got back up to speed.  He may still fall behind Lee, we don't know yet, but he managed to outplay Cole on the depth chart.  Still, there weren't a lot of people drafting a marginal #3 WR for the Jaguars.

I understand the problems with free leagues, but we're not talking about halfway through the season when people lose interest and drop out; we're not even talking about Week 1--we're talking about players who were DRAFTED.  Most people who drafted had an interest in drafting reasonably well, and even if one or two people in every league didn't, there were another 10 who did.

So if you want to talk about how these players "should" have been drafted, then you're basically saying that at least one person in every league "should" have drafted like a chimp.

Parenthetically, FantasyPros, which goes way deeper than the top 70, has D.J. Chark listed at #79 and Terry McLaurin at #96.

Didn't you say something above about using magazine ratings, yet you're quoting rankings from a website?  That's a bit odd, but I'll play along and pretend you know something about fantasy football.  McLaurin, prior to Doctson being released, was ahead of him on the depth chart.  You're telling me that there are 95 WR's ahead of the clear #2 guy on a team, with or without, a QB?  C'mon....  You cannot be that dense.  You did steal your username from bodywash, but that's another thread altogether.  Preston Williams was drafted in my leagues.  Yeah, the guy who plays for Miami and "may" be a WR3/4/5 someday.  I cannot fathom someone taking a late round flier on a player simply because ESPN rated them higher than McLaurin.  That's how you lose at fantasy football, take advice from the network that will hype EVERY player at least once during an offseason.  lol

Taking McLaurin makes one a chimp?  I don't think anyone that drafted him will say that.  I would say those who didn't draft him, and then insults people who did (after he has a good game) is the chimp. 

FantasyPros, no offense if you are using them, is a craptastic outfit.  They pat themselves on the back for ranking Davante Adams in the top ten WR's before the season last year.  Well, he was ranked 4th on most sites that I saw, so not really certain how they take credit for having him lower.  Oh, they also "predicted" the year Barkley would have.  These are mentioned in their ads that pop up in my Google Newsfeed.  Congratulations on saying the #2 overall pick in the draft, and a guy considered a generational player, would have a good season.  If you are their target audience, I guess I understand a bit more now. 

You also stated drafting McLaurin was either a late round flier or drafting ignorant.  I'm sorry that I disagree with the rankings you use that were put together by someone else.  lol  I actually copy and paste the yearly rankings from fftoday into a spreadsheet, then make my own rankings.  I rarely have rankings that are similar to what others have.  For the record, McLaurin was my 46th ranked WR, nowhere near the 79th your people came up with.  Apparently he was on many others lists as well, at least those not playing for free and using fantasy sites that simply regurgitate the numbers from last season.  Way to show your fantasy knowledge.  You da man!  lol

Let’s talk McLarin, Ross and Chark as they may be available in many leagues. Yeah I know not your league with 16 of the best fantasy players in the country and 20 bench spots per team, but in many leagues.

McLaurin - unlike some folks here, I am not ashamed to admit this guy wasn’t on my radar at all. Redskins suck and he seemed to be #3 at best so why bother. That being said there’s obviously opportunity given the dearth of talent around him. So is he a flash in the pan or possibly legit WR 2/3?

John Ross - Okay he’s been a bust until now but otherwise what’s not to like? AJ Green is injured and old. This isn’t 2015 anymore. Boyd is good, sure, but not a world beater. I see opportunity here.

DJ Chark - Foles injury probably hurts all JAX players. Otherwise one might have said hey, what if Chark steps up instead of Westbrook, or what if both flourish? But I am not too eager at this point 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Didn't you say something above about using magazine ratings...?

No, that was you.

McLaurin, prior to Doctson being released, was ahead of him on the depth chart.

Speculation.  There is no official depth chart in the preseason.  Carlos Hyde was ahead of Darwin Thompson on the depth charts available online, right up until he was traded away.

You're telling me that there are 95 WR's ahead of the clear #2 guy on a team, with or without, a QB?

I'm not telling you that, FantasyPros is telling you that.  What I'm telling you is that Terry McLaurin was not a good draft prospect in a typical 12 team league, according to the general fantasy football world consensus.  If you had him ranked higher in your personal rankings, good for you, but to say that he "should" have been drafted in every respectable 12 team league is simply false.

You did steal your username from bodywash, but that's another thread altogether. 

Axually, "the Axe Effect" was named after ME, but that's another thread altogether.

Taking McLaurin makes one a chimp?  I don't think anyone that drafted him will say that.

Of course not.  When you're a chimp, you don't know you're a chimp.

You also stated drafting McLaurin was either a late round flier or drafting ignorant.  I'm sorry that I disagree with the rankings you use that were put together by someone else.  lol  I actually copy and paste the yearly rankings from fftoday into a spreadsheet, then make my own rankings.  I rarely have rankings that are similar to what others have.  For the record, McLaurin was my 46th ranked WR, nowhere near the 79th your people came up with. 

Do you have any players on your personal list who did not perform as well as you expected, and maybe even performed worse than their general consensus ranking?  I thought so.  McLaurin could have just as easily been one of those (and it's only been one week).

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You da man!

Finally, an accurate statement!

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

DJ Chark - Foles injury probably hurts all JAX players. Otherwise may you say hey, what if Chark steps up instead of Westbrook, or what if both flourish? But I am not too eager at this point

Axually, Chris Conley appeared to be Minshew's favorite WR, but then Conley was playing against his old team, so I kind of suspected that he might have a good day (see my "Week 1 Sleepers" thread).  It remains to be seen if he will continue to be Minshew's man, or if it was just part of the game plan for KC.

Lets assume for the moment that Chark, McLauren, Ross are either gone (chark and ross) or will be taken with a waiver pick you don't have. Who would be a target then? 

38 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Lets assume for the moment that Chark, McLauren, Ross are either gone (chark and ross) or will be taken with a waiver pick you don't have. Who would be a target then? 

Someone irrelevant, most likely.

Every league is different; if you have some scrub on your roster that you think you can drop for someone better, and some potential targets on the waiver wire, you could ask about specific adds/drops in the "A Little Help" forum.

14 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

target hollywood over mclaurin right?

I would.  Seems a better bet for consistency.

Mixon did have a ankle injury, so if he’s available in your league and you need a fill in rb, Gio might be a good pick up. 

On 9/8/2019 at 7:35 PM, Texas10 said:

Defense is slim pickings, thoughts on GB or SF?  Flukes or actual talent there?

I have more faith in GB D vs 49ers D, right now, at this point.  tbh. 

Just a week 1 hunch atm, if I HAD to pick between the two. 

The only thing I would be going after is the Pats Def.  Its week one and every year, year after year, there are those players who blow up in the first week and then do nothing. Wasted WW pick. Let everyone pick those rookies, and then scoop in and take the players that will matter. After one week the only thing I see as real money is the Pats Def.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fast80 said:

The only thing I would be going after is the Pats Def.  Its week one and every year, year after year, there are those players who blow up in the first week and then do nothing. Wasted WW pick. Let everyone pick those rookies, and then scoop in and take the players that will matter. After one week the only thing I see as real money is the Pats Def.

Blinders look good on you; especially those extra-wide ones.

21 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I don't count an 8 to 10 man league as a real league.  If your roster isn't stacked in one of those small leagues, you should take up knitting. 

You do realize that the point of fantasy football is to beat the other teams, who are just as likely to be stacked, right?

I don't play in 8-10 team leagues either, but the notion that they're "easier" is silly.

OK, back to the topic at hand ...

9 hours ago, unclemercy said:

target hollywood over mclaurin right?

Those are my 1-2. I don't know for sure if Ravens offense is legit, but it's certainly worth buying at least one lottery ticket in case it is. Most of the other Week 1 breakout WRs that are available on my league's WW (Ross, Amendola, Dorsett, Chark, Metcalf) don't seem sustainable to me. I'd put AJ Brown third, but not sure I trust Mariota to sustain a weekly starter.

Here's my dilemma: I wasn't targeting Ravens in my draft, but got snaked on Montgomery/Jacobs and settled for Ingram, then got snaked on Njoku and settled for Andrews. Would grabbing Hollywood mean too much of an investment in Baltimore?

28 minutes ago, zftcg said:

You do realize that the point of fantasy football is to beat the other teams, who are just as likely to be stacked, right?

I don't play in 8-10 team leagues either, but the notion that they're "easier" is silly.

OK, back to the topic at hand ...

I totally understand the point of fantasy football.  If you are in an 8 team league, the draft is almost pointless.  There is almost no strategy involved.  You could let the computer randomly generate teams and they would all still be stacked beyond belief.  While I don't like 10 team leagues, you have a point in the fact they are competitive.  Teams are traditionally stacked, but the occasional sleeper can still make your season.  In an 8 team league, the waiver wire is almost pointless.  How often are you going to find someone on the wire that can truly help you when you are rolling out absolute studs at every position?  I have tried both league types.  The 10 team was not deep enough to hold my interest, but I can see why people like it.  The 8 team was just a waste of time.  When you are drafting in the 12th round of an 8 team league, the players left on the board are unbelievable.  A novice could win the league simply by being lucky, or being on autodraft.  If there is no research into ranking your players, and taking them at the correct time in the draft, why even have one?  Why not just save everyone the time and assign rosters based on a computer generated draft?  It's about as much skill involved.  Saying an 8 team league isn't "easier" is asinine.  I'll agree choosing which stud you want to start over another may be difficult (sarcasm), but it isn't like a 12 teamer where you have to pick between which of the six non-stud players you want as your Flex, or WR3, RB2/RB3 or whatever.  It's not even close. 

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Those are my 1-2. I don't know for sure if Ravens offense is legit, but it's certainly worth buying at least one lottery ticket in case it is. Most of the other Week 1 breakout WRs that are available on my league's WW (Ross, Amendola, Dorsett, Chark, Metcalf) don't seem sustainable to me. I'd put AJ Brown third, but not sure I trust Mariota to sustain a weekly starter.

Here's my dilemma: I wasn't targeting Ravens in my draft, but got snaked on Montgomery/Jacobs and settled for Ingram, then got snaked on Njoku and settled for Andrews. Would grabbing Hollywood mean too much of an investment in Baltimore?

points are points but i would rather be more diversified than that too. i have concerns about browns consistancy already if he is homerun or bust and only sees the field fifteen times a game but even still am probably going to bid high and try to find a spot for him.

3 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

points are points but i would rather be more diversified than that too. i have concerns about browns consistancy already if he is homerun or bust and only sees the field fifteen times a game but even still am probably going to bid high and try to find a spot for him.

Yeah, that's where I'm headed. I have the No. 3 priority and I'm betting Brown goes first. Not totally sure if McLaurin is worth a claim. I may just take a chance and see if he clears waivers.

19 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

AJ Brown

I'm going to pickup a couple receivers in one league (non TE), and probably drop Corey Davis and maybe Ballage or Guice.  I really need more help at RB but not as many options out there and feel like I need to wait until the injury bug starts to hit.  How would you rank these options:

Crowder

Amendola

John Ross

Hockenson

Marquise Brown

McLaurin

DK Metcalf

DJ Chark

who would be your top 2 or 3 from that list?

here is an interesting trade offer i just received

i get ridley and his 1ww spot

for me goff and 2ww spot

1ww would turn into malcolm brown. i currently own henderson.

currently using goff in flex as ive got devante and julio (thats a lot of atlanta)

am thin at rb carson michel singletary coleman hill

thoughts?

40 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm going to pickup a couple receivers in one league (non TE), and probably drop Corey Davis and maybe Ballage or Guice.  I really need more help at RB but not as many options out there and feel like I need to wait until the injury bug starts to hit.  How would you rank these options:

Crowder

Amendola

John Ross

Hockenson

Marquise Brown

McLaurin

DK Metcalf

DJ Chark

who would be your top 2 or 3 from that list?

You said "non TE" and then listed Hockenson.

Ranking the WRs only...

Brown

McLaurin

Metcalf

Crowder

Chark

Amendola

Ross

2 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

here is an interesting trade offer i just received

i get ridley and his 1ww spot

for me goff and 2ww spot

1ww would turn into malcolm brown. i currently own henderson.

currently using goff in flex as ive got devante and julio (thats a lot of atlanta)

am thin at rb carson michel singletary coleman hill

thoughts?

This is probably the wrong thread, but the value in the trade is good, just not sure Ridley is the best add for your team--and especially not sure that you need the waiver upgrade (you can probly land Brown with the #2 slot anyway).

Maybe do the trade to cash in on your QB value, then grab Hollywood Brown in the draft and trade Julio for another RB1 type.

33 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

prob just means all slots are wr/te

that's correct, it's a wr/ te flex

On 9/9/2019 at 6:23 AM, weepaws said:

I agree about Hockensen and since Gallup isn’t taken in some league he should be targeted, I would agree about R Jones because Barber isn’t a rb1.  

But is I wouldn’t trust either Ross or Chark. 

I would let someone else pick them up, and then see you that dropped for them. 

I agree with you on Hockensen and Jones.

I also agree on Chark.   while he is a player of interest, he just lost his starting QB so the odds of him repeating that performance is very slim.  

but I saw a good portion of the Seattle game, and Ross looked like the real deal.   Dalton looked extremely sharp in a new offensive system and the Seattle Defense is pretty good.

I think with AJ Green out, the opportunity is there for Ross.    From what I saw, his patterns looked pretty good, and teams have to either sit back (to respect his speed) or press him at the line and while Seattle had some success on plays where they pressed at the line, they also got burned a couple times.   

And when they sat back to respect his speed, Dalton was able to throw just at (or just before) the break and the Seattle defender had no chance (even though the coverage wasnt bad)

I think the potential upside is strong here and while he's mostly unproven, I think you should pick him up.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:57 AM, oldtimer said:

I love the leagues people have in these forums.  In none of mine are Malcolm Brown, Ronald Jones, Marquise Brown, Terry McLuaurin, Gallup, Metcalf, Ross, Brown, Chark or Hockenson available.  How could some of these guys be available in any league?  Hockenson was being drafted in money drafts in the 12th & 13th round as a guy with upside.  Gallup was being taken in the 9th/10th last Tuesday/Wednesday.  Jones, McLaurin, Brown & Chark all went as late round fliers, but they were still drafted.  Ross' ADP went up dramatically after the Green injury, making him a 2nd to last round flier.  I'm not even certain if Witten is available in any of my leagues, but I assume he is. 

One reason these guys may be available is if your league limits roster spots. I'm in a 12 team league with only 15 roster spots per team, and we limit the amount of each position that can be drafted. We then open it up once the draft is complete and waivers begin. Keeps the free agent pool stocked and makes waivers more lively and wire priority position more relevant. Just sayin.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, Eddie Kennison said:

STFU. Nobody cares about you or your league. Stop trying to derail the thread. There’s always one clown that makes a post like this. All leagues aren’t the same.

Now, let’s get back to discussing these waiver wire targets.

Exactly.   I hate that BS.

41 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I've got some players I am targeting that I cannot post about since I want them to fall through the cracks :ninja:

:mad: