Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Week 1 Waiver Wire Targets

7 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

TJ Hockenson!!

Picked him up a few days after the draft, because I didnt trust Ebron.  :banana:

12 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

TJ Hockenson!!

I play in  half a dozen leagues.....10-16 team owners, he was already drafted in every league, either you have smaller rosters or you play in a league with less than 10-owners...

Matthew Stafford

Case Keenum

Gardner Minshew

Malcolm Brown

Darren Sproles

Ronald Jones II

Marquise Brown

Terry McLaurin

Michael Gallup

DK Metcalf

John Ross

AJ Brown

DJ Chark

TJ Hockenson

Jason Witten

Panthers DST (play the Buccaneers next week)

Randall Cobb

12 minutes ago, xxxdog said:

I play in  half a dozen leagues.....10-16 team owners, he was already drafted in every league, either you have smaller rosters or you play in a league with less than 10-owners...

He’s ranked outside of top 12 heading into season.  He’s not even listed as starter.

Possible Waiver Pickups not on a 12-team league roster

RB-Malcolm  Brown-53yds. rushing /2-TDs

RB-Ronald Jones-75yds.- rushing 18yds. rec.

RB-Gus Edwards 56 yds. rushing

WR-John Ross 158 rec yds./2TDs

WR-Terry McLaurin 125yds rec./ 1TD

WR-Danny Amendola 104rec. yds./1TD

WR-Chris Conley 97yds. rec/1TD

WR-D.J. Chark 146yds. rec/1TD

33 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

He’s ranked outside of top 12 heading into season.  He’s not even listed as starter.

One of highest drafted TE's drafted in years of the NFL Draft, 2019  8th pick overall and he is a undrafted fantasy sleeper...right....Do you have any open spots in your fantasy league next year?????

Just now, Texas10 said:

Defense is slim pickings, thoughts on GB or SF?  Flukes or actual talent there?

SF.......Several high draft picks over the years with losing record equal potential defensive results, I listed them as a true sleeper ...

I can’t belive that both Hockensen and Gallup would still be available, I’ve been telling you all summer whom to draft. 

I doubt I will make any moves. I'm going to just sit back and be patient this year. 

I'm definitely staying away from marquis brown. I think there was a lot of luck with those two tds. He didn't even look that fast to me. 

Chark and Conley may pay off, but how often are the jags going to throw that much in a game? I would add one of these guys if I absolutely needed a receiver and hope the scoring continues. 

Stafford and Hockenson went against a really poor defense. I would sell high on those two if I had them already. 

A lot of the perforkances seem like they were more 1 week wonders than sustainable week to week assets. 

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I doubt I will make any moves. I'm going to just sit back and be patient this year. 

I'm definitely staying away from marquis brown. I think there was a lot of luck with those two tds. He didn't even look that fast to me. 

Chark and Conley may pay off, but how often are the jags going to throw that much in a game? I would add one of these guys if I absolutely needed a receiver and hope the scoring continues. 

Stafford and Hockenson went against a really poor defense. I would sell high on those two if I had them already. 

A lot of the perforkances seem like they were more 1 week wonders than sustainable week to week assets. 

Hockenson is a guy you go out and get if he’s available. Obviously he ain’t doing that every week but his arrow is WAY up.

Ross, Chark and Ronald Jones are probably worth targeting as well. These guys were on the radar, the question was whether it would come to fruition. So far the answer is emphatically yes

I agree about Hockensen and since Gallup isn’t taken in some league he should be targeted, I would agree about R Jones because Barber isn’t a rb1.  

But is I wouldn’t trust either Ross or Chark. 

I would let someone else pick them up, and then see you that dropped for them. 

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Matthew Stafford

Case Keenum

Gardner Minshew

Malcolm Brown

Darren Sproles

Ronald Jones II

Marquise Brown

Terry McLaurin

Michael Gallup

DK Metcalf

John Ross

AJ Brown

DJ Chark

TJ Hockenson

Jason Witten

Panthers DST (play the Buccaneers next week)

I love the leagues people have in these forums.  In none of mine are Malcolm Brown, Ronald Jones, Marquise Brown, Terry McLuaurin, Gallup, Metcalf, Ross, Brown, Chark or Hockenson available.  How could some of these guys be available in any league?  Hockenson was being drafted in money drafts in the 12th & 13th round as a guy with upside.  Gallup was being taken in the 9th/10th last Tuesday/Wednesday.  Jones, McLaurin, Brown & Chark all went as late round fliers, but they were still drafted.  Ross' ADP went up dramatically after the Green injury, making him a 2nd to last round flier.  I'm not even certain if Witten is available in any of my leagues, but I assume he is. 

53 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I love the leagues people have in these forums.  In none of mine are Malcolm Brown, Ronald Jones, Marquise Brown, Terry McLuaurin, Gallup, Metcalf, Ross, Brown, Chark or Hockenson available.  How could some of these guys be available in any league?  Hockenson was being drafted in money drafts in the 12th & 13th round as a guy with upside.  Gallup was being taken in the 9th/10th last Tuesday/Wednesday.  Jones, McLaurin, Brown & Chark all went as late round fliers, but they were still drafted.  Ross' ADP went up dramatically after the Green injury, making him a 2nd to last round flier.  I'm not even certain if Witten is available in any of my leagues, but I assume he is. 

STFU. Nobody cares about you or your league. Stop trying to derail the thread. There’s always one clown that makes a post like this. All leagues aren’t the same.

Now, let’s get back to discussing these waiver wire targets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Danny Amendola. 

Stafford targeted him 13 times yesterday and looked his was a lot in preseason in limited time.  I think he's the Detroit WR to own over Golladay and MJ.  KennyG and Marvin will have some big games, but Amendola is going to put up ~15pts +/- 5  consistently I believe.

59 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Typical ranking.  Most leagues only require 1 TE.    I'm in a 18 year league and roster spots are very limited.  No one is carrying 2 TEs.

Tier 1  
1 Travis Kelce KC

12 1 2 1.0 0.1 1.0 0.0
2 George Kittle SF

4 1 5 2.3 0.6 3.0 +1.0
3 Zach Ertz PHI

10 2 7 3.0 0.9 2.0 -1.0
Tier 2  
4 O.J. Howard TB

7 2 8 4.5 1.0 4.0 0.0
5 Hunter Henry LAC

12 2 10 5.3 1.1 6.0 +1.0
6 Evan Engram NYG

11 2 12 5.3 1.1 5.0 -1.0
7 Jared Cook NO

9 1 13 7.7 1.4 7.0 0.0
8 Vance McDonald PIT

7 5 20 8.5 1.7 8.0 0.0
9 David Njoku CLE

7 4 18 9.2 1.9 10.0 +1.0
Tier 3  
10 Austin Hooper ATL

9 7 22 11.6 2.5 12.0 +2.0
11 Delanie Walker TEN

11 7 25 12.1 2.4 11.0 0.0
12 Mark Andrews BAL

8 7 28 12.9 3.8 15.0 +3.0
13 Eric Ebron IND

6 7 27 13.6 3.8 9.0 -4.0
14 Trey Burton CHI

6 10 31 16.0 3.5 16.0 +2.0
15 Greg Olsen CAR

7 8 27 16.4 4.0 14.0 -1.0
16 Jimmy Graham GB

11 6 34 17.8 3.8 19.0 +3.0
17 Kyle Rudolph MIN

12 11 27 18.2 2.9 17.0 0.0
18 Jordan Reed WAS

10 8 29 19.5 3.6 18.0 0.0
19 Jack Doyle IND

6 10 39 19.8 4.1 23.0 +4.0

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm not looking for a waiver guy that went off in week 1 that I have to compete with my whole league for (we do auction). I'm looking for a guy who didn't go off, but might in week 2. Anyone have an idea for a guy like that?

• Thanks 2

It's obvious suggested waiver wire pickups might already have been selected in the league you are in , maybe the player is a cuff to a tier #1 back or you select  16-20 players to roster, maybe play in a 16-owner league ..regardless...we place different values on players involvement with there team, which can be completely different than a pre-season ranking sometimes based on last years stats.. couple example's Gallup & Hockenson....Both major keys in Dallas & Detroit offense that shined during pre-season this year, Gallup was drafted in the 3rd rd. 2018 when the Cowboys were desperate for receiving help and he had the potential to be a tier #1 Rec....while Hockenson was the 8th overall pick in the draft this year, seldom seen a T.E. drafted that high unless he is special, which he proved in the preseason and his first NFL game...yet.....both players were low on the rankings , possibly because they were young and unproven although huge upside and potential, neither should have been excluded from even a 10-team owner 16-player draft unless you play fantasy football based only on pre-rankings which tend to favor last season stats....

Anyone not making an effort to add Hockenson is making a huge mistake.  I drafted him thankfully.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm not looking for a waiver guy that went off in week 1 that I have to compete with my whole league for (we do auction). I'm looking for a guy who didn't go off, but might in week 2. Anyone have an idea for a guy like that?

Dante Pettis may be dropped, I would hold or consider a pickup as they seem to be easing him back in since he was injured. I would not expect them to only get 166 passing yards in a game, they won't be getting gifted great field position or scoring DST TDs every week (thanks Winston). Also keep an eye on Deebo - really want to see which of these guys emerges. Coleman is possibly out a few weeks, the backup RB Mostert is not exciting but should get some opportunities. 

Terry McLaurin may be worth a look. 

I'm not excited about the wire this week, guys like Hockensen are owned in all my leagues. Maybe more excited to see if any gems are dropped by overreactive owners. 

1 minute ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Maybe more excited to see if any gems are dropped by overreactive owners. 

Solid advice.  Looking for over reaction.

2 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Dante Pettis may be dropped, I would hold or consider a pickup as they seem to be easing him back in since he was injured. I would not expect them to only get 166 passing yards in a game, they won't be getting gifted great field position or scoring DST TDs every week (thanks Winston). Also keep an eye on Deebo - really want to see which of these guys emerges. Coleman is possibly out a few weeks, the backup RB Mostert is not exciting but should get some opportunities. 

Terry McLaurin may be worth a look. 

I'm not excited about the wire this week, guys like Hockensen are owned in all my leagues. Maybe more excited to see if any gems are dropped by overreactive owners. 

Thanks, good advice. I will be looking closely at who gets dropped. I need something to distract me from the NY Giants. At least Eli played fine...

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Thanks, good advice. I will be looking closely at who gets dropped. I need something to distract me from the NY Giants. At least Eli played fine...

Our defense is as bad as expected. We need so many pieces that it's years away from being decent.

I expected our offense to be "meh" this season and that's how it looked. Eli shouldn't get the blame for this season, but won't be surprised to see our media turn this into a QB debate. That being said, Jones should definitely see some time to end the season when we are in the cellar. 

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Matthew Stafford: ESPN 16%, Yahoo 26%

Case Keenum: ESPN 1%, Yahoo 3%

Gardner Minshew: ESPN 0%, Yahoo 0%

Malcolm Brown: ESPN 7%, Yahoo 12%

Darren Sproles: ESPN 2%, Yahoo 2%

Ronald Jones II: ESPN 41%, Yahoo 28%

Marquise Brown: ESPN 28%, Yahoo 31%

Terry McLaurin: ESPN 7%, Yahoo 4%

Michael Gallup: ESPN 79%, Yahoo 69%

DK Metcalf: ESPN 64%, Yahoo 37%

John Ross: ESPN 5%, Yahoo 10%

AJ Brown: ESPN 5%, Yahoo 3%

DJ Chark: ESPN 12%, Yahoo 2%

TJ Hockenson: ESPN 30%, Yahoo 52%

Jason Witten: ESPN 15%, Yahoo 11%

Panthers DST (play the Buccaneers next week): ESPN 11%, Yahoo 6%

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I added the ownership percentages on ESPN and Yahoo above.  Only Gallup and Metcalf are owned in over half of their leagues, and even then, there are leagues where they are not owned.

If you're in a 20-team league with 30-player rosters, your results may vary.

• Thanks 1

TJ Hockenson: ESPN 30%, Yahoo 52%   -- He's available in my league.  We only have 4 available bench spots.

Malcolm Brown: ESPN 7%, Yahoo 12%  -- Owner of Gurley drafted Henderson.  Ouch.  Brown also available in my league.

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I added the ownership percentages on ESPN and Yahoo above.  Only Gallup and Metcalf are owned in over half of their leagues, and even then, there are leagues where they are not owned.

If you're in a 20-team league with 30-player rosters, your results may vary.

Are these small leagues with tiny rosters?  8 teams with 15 draft spots?   I don't play in free leagues, so I'm not familiar with how ESPN leagues work.  There is NO WAY M. Gallup is on the waiver wire in a 12 team league that people actually paid to get in.  LOL  Same for the vast majority of those folks.  What you listed are either free leagues, or a mixture of very low cost leagues and free leagues.  There is not a single league I'm in, and all are paid leagues, where many of these guys are on the waiver wire.  I've posted before, and you've commented, most of the leagues I am in are 20-22 man rosters and never less than 12 teams.  I don't count an 8 to 10 man league as a real league.  If your roster isn't stacked in one of those small leagues, you should take up knitting. 

2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Typical ranking.  Most leagues only require 1 TE.    I'm in a 18 year league and roster spots are very limited.  No one is carrying 2 TEs.

Tier 1  
1   Travis Kelce KC

12 1 2 1.0 0.1 1.0 0.0
2   George Kittle SF

4 1 5 2.3 0.6 3.0 +1.0
3   Zach Ertz PHI

10 2 7 3.0 0.9 2.0 -1.0
Tier 2  
4   O.J. Howard TB

7 2 8 4.5 1.0 4.0 0.0
5   Hunter Henry LAC

12 2 10 5.3 1.1 6.0 +1.0
6   Evan Engram NYG

11 2 12 5.3 1.1 5.0 -1.0
7   Jared Cook NO

9 1 13 7.7 1.4 7.0 0.0
8   Vance McDonald PIT

7 5 20 8.5 1.7 8.0 0.0
9   David Njoku CLE

7 4 18 9.2 1.9 10.0 +1.0
Tier 3  
10   Austin Hooper ATL

9 7 22 11.6 2.5 12.0 +2.0
11   Delanie Walker TEN

11 7 25 12.1 2.4 11.0 0.0
12   Mark Andrews BAL

8 7 28 12.9 3.8 15.0 +3.0
13   Eric Ebron IND

6 7 27 13.6 3.8 9.0 -4.0
14   Trey Burton CHI

6 10 31 16.0 3.5 16.0 +2.0
15   Greg Olsen CAR

7 8 27 16.4 4.0 14.0 -1.0
16   Jimmy Graham GB

11 6 34 17.8 3.8 19.0 +3.0
17   Kyle Rudolph MIN

12 11 27 18.2 2.9 17.0 0.0
18   Jordan Reed WAS

10 8 29 19.5 3.6 18.0 0.0
19   Jack Doyle IND

6 10 39 19.8 4.1 23.0  

With limited roster space, it makes sense, especially if no one is taking backups.  We have large rosters in our redrafts.  In the dynasty, it's even better.  22 man main roster, 3 taxi squad and 3 IR slots.  The devy picks do not count against your roster limit until they actually get drafted.  In the offseason, we can carry up to 25 on the main roster and do not have to take anyone off IR/TS until the day prior to the first game of the year.  It makes the game about as real as possible, however, there are literally zero guys on the waiver wire worth looking at.  I don't believe I used the waiver at all last year except to swap out my kickers when the bye weeks came. 

Everyone here is already on a team in my league. If anyone dropped AP when he was demoted you can pick him back up, Guice hurt already and prob will be hurt again.

I have shares of both Andrews and Hockenson in every league where I had roster room (have one league with a very short bench and no room).  The hype on Hockenson was/is real...i read an article saying he could challenge the rookie TE record totals before the season, his talent is that good and Detroit has a scarcity of playmakers.  

Randall Cobb looked off the charts this weekend, but the giants are putrid, so it's hard to judge. 

Chark looked outstanding, made great catches and got open with ease.  

Malcolm Brown is a lotto ticket waiting to happen.  Looks like he's already getting goalline work and Gurley's history ain't great.

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Are these small leagues with tiny rosters?  8 teams with 15 draft spots?   I don't play in free leagues, so I'm not familiar with how ESPN leagues work.  There is NO WAY M. Gallup is on the waiver wire in a 12 team league that people actually paid to get in.  LOL  Same for the vast majority of those folks.  What you listed are either free leagues, or a mixture of very low cost leagues and free leagues.  There is not a single league I'm in, and all are paid leagues, where many of these guys are on the waiver wire.  I've posted before, and you've commented, most of the leagues I am in are 20-22 man rosters and never less than 12 teams.  I don't count an 8 to 10 man league as a real league.  If your roster isn't stacked in one of those small leagues, you should take up knitting. 

ESPN and Yahoo are two of, if not THE two, largest fantasy football platforms on the planet.  ESPN standard leagues are typically 8, 10 or 12 team leagues, while Yahoo public and Pro leagues are typically 10 team leagues.  Both sites also offer customizations for larger (and smaller) leagues; up to 20 teams on Yahoo (not sure about the max for ESPN).  As the largest fantasy football platforms in the world, they also attract a wide variety of players, from the experienced and skilled all the way down to the novice office leagues, so these ownership percentages should be seen as an overall average of all skill levels in an average of 10 team leagues.

I don't really get why people seem to think it's bragging on their league to say that these players are already owned.  I mean, if your league is huge with deep rosters, then of course more players are going to be owned.  But if you're in a typical 10-12 team league with 16-17 player rosters, and guys who were 3rd or 4th on the depth chart for their own team, like Terry McLaurin and D.J. Chark, were being drafted in your league, that tells me that your league is likely composed of novices who are chasing tips from some sleeper forecast they saw on TV, because there were much better draft options available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

With limited roster space, it makes sense, especially if no one is taking backups.  We have large rosters in our redrafts.  In the dynasty, it's even better.  22 man main roster, 3 taxi squad and 3 IR slots.  The devy picks do not count against your roster limit until they actually get drafted.  In the offseason, we can carry up to 25 on the main roster and do not have to take anyone off IR/TS until the day prior to the first game of the year.  It makes the game about as real as possible, however, there are literally zero guys on the waiver wire worth looking at.  I don't believe I used the waiver at all last year except to swap out my kickers when the bye weeks came. 

Your leagues are not the standard league size, most of the targets are never going to be available in leagues that large. Hockenson isn't available in any league I play in, but if I had 4 bench spots I would expect most teams have no second TE. In a league where we start 2WR and not many bench spots I will see some WRs available that most would not (Gallup). 

This is like the 12 teamer leagues going "LOL 8 TEAM LEAGUE!" You've got the "LOL only 17 rounds draft."  

Speaking of second TEs, Graham was widely drafted but if not he looked good and Rodgers should increase TD totals from last year. 

Olsen in Carolina received 9 targets. 

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't count an 8 to 10 man league as a real league.  If your roster isn't stacked in one of those small leagues, you should take up knitting. 

Here, have a cookie