Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Week 1 best performances on your bench

I had 3.

Lamar Jackson 48 points  (started Jameis Winston 10 points)

TJ Hockenson 28 points (started Eric Ebron 1 point) 

John Brown 28 points (started Curtis Samuel 6 points)

These were all legitimate start/sit decisions I had to make and was wrong on all three.

Any one of these might cost me a W this week.  It's going to be close.

I sat mark andrews for hunter henry. 

10 points vs 24.80

Fitzgerald on the bench for Diggs. The only thing I could've done differently, otherwise it was pure sh*t in the lineup or on the bench.

I must say, I made the right calls this week.

I was torn between Baker and Wentz, chose Wentz

Evan Engram and OJ Howard, chose Engram

I know I'm in for it next week

5 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I must say, I made the right calls this week.

I was torn between Baker and Wentz, chose Wentz

Evan Engram and OJ Howard, chose Engram

I know I'm in for it next week

Good for you.  you're in the wrong thread.  GTFO

• Haha 2

Did I mention that I dropped Marquise Brown a couple of weeks ago for Jakeem Grant, and that the worst team in the league picked him up and started him against me today--while I had Sammy Watkins matching him point for point... on my bench?

best performance on my bench was John Ross.   picked him up in the last round of one of my drafts.

Chark and Conley on a few benches.

Mayfield over Murray in two spots.

Goff over Murray

Started Darrel Henderson in a deep league. 

Drafted Saquon over McCaffery :doh:

DeSean Jackson.. started Anthony Miller. 

Who the f catches deep balls like that with a broken finger?   DeSean

Desean Jackson.  Funny enough I played him in my daily lineups and loved him for that.  I almost started him over Diggs.   But didn't  Maybe it was a hedge of my daily lineups.  

Played De. Adams and T. Lockett (Flex) Benched Allen Robinson

Played Da. Freeman Bench D. Henry

Still would not have mattered.

Dak on my bench and went up against Mahomes and Admiral Ekeler. Brady came up big enough to give me a good chance tonight.

TJ Hockenson drafted him in both my keeper and dynasty more so for next year and bye weeks.  Week 2 he will be starting TE in one and maybe flex in the other.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:26 PM, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Good for you.  you're in the wrong thread.  GTFO

It must have been a rough week, lol

Minnesota D for the Rams D.  Crowder on about 3 of my teams, all on bench.  Fitzy.   Crowder on my bench cost me 3 losses in 4 leagues, 1 tonight where he needed 20pts to win, he had T. Williams and scored 22.   sigh, AB gone, smh. lol

that's FFB! :)

Started Samuel, Pettis and Michel with Watkins, JBrown and Singletary on my bench. But my rule is to never beat myself up if my process was solid, which I think it was in all three cases. Also I think that even if I had started all three I would have lost by like a point.

I was super lucky this week.  One owner started Big Ben against me and had L. Jackson on his bench.  I don't understand that at all, but whatever.  In another league, Josh Jacobs was on the owner's bench while he started Guice.  I don't understand that one either, but I think he was worried about Denver's defense. 

I did make a mistake on the Sunday morning Waiver Wire.  I let Chark go to pick up a second Kicker.  The league awards more points for longer field goals.  I already had the NO Kicker, but the Texans kicker was out there too.  I grabbed him to keep someone else from nabbing him.  In the process, I made a boneheaded move and waived DJ.  He wasn't going to start for my team anyway, even as a Flex option, but it wasn't a pleasant feeling to see him finally do something.  lol

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was super lucky this week.  One owner started Big Ben against me and had L. Jackson on his bench.  I don't understand that at all, but whatever.  In another league, Josh Jacobs was on the owner's bench while he started Guice.  I don't understand that one either, but I think he was worried about Denver's defense. 

I did make a mistake on the Sunday morning Waiver Wire.  I let Chark go to pick up a second Kicker.  The league awards more points for longer field goals.  I already had the NO Kicker, but the Texans kicker was out there too.  I grabbed him to keep someone else from nabbing him.  In the process, I made a boneheaded move and waived DJ.  He wasn't going to start for my team anyway, even as a Flex option, but it wasn't a pleasant feeling to see him finally do something.  lol

LOL I misread that initially and thought that you benched Lutz because you wanted someone more likely to make long FGs, which would have been pretty ironic.

For what it's worth, I don't think Chark has a lot of staying power given that QB situation. But yeah, it's gotta suck to drop a guy right before he goes off. 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, Gepetto said:

I had 3.

Lamar Jackson 48 points  (started Jameis Winston 10 points)

TJ Hockenson 28 points (started Eric Ebron 1 point) 

John Brown 28 points (started Curtis Samuel 6 points)

These were all legitimate start/sit decisions I had to make and was wrong on all three.

Any one of these might cost me a W this week.  It's going to be close.

Ugh, I lost by 0.5 points on Emmanuel Sanders last touchdown.  Didn't help I had Texans D/ST get -7 points so wasted efforts by Deshaun Watson, Saquon, Dalvin Cook, and Carson.  My WRs didn't do enough either and my poor start/sit decisions were the nail in the coffin.