Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Is Sony Michel dead?

Flex position moving forward. Devin Singletary or Sony Michele? Singletary freaking 4 rushes for 70 yards and 5 catches and Michel 13 rushes for 19 yards are 0 catches. I realize that Michel will probably come back and get 120 rushing and 2 TDs next week. But maybe Burkhead gets more time.

Brady was a great value.  

And just wait when A Brown returns. 

Brady might lead the league in tds. 

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

No, but if you're counting on a Patriots' RB in fantasy, you're dead.

This :thumbsup:

one third of the games your guy will light it up.   one third of the games, another RB will light it up.

the last third will be one of those games where they throw the ball the whole game.

Tough to own a RB on this squad.   especially if that RB is one of your starters.

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

No, but if you're counting on a Patriots' RB in fantasy, you're dead.

Agreed.  I stupidly drafted this guy thinking maybe he’d be some kind of feature back.  Damn, that was good weed. The patriots are 100% useless as far as fantasy running backs are concerned. Don’t let yearly stats fool you.  It’s more random than a slot machine.  Burkhead is vulturing carries too.  Just cut the turd and be done with it.

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Michel definitely didn't look impressive. 

That to me is the big takeaway. He got 15-20 touches, so that wasn’t exactly the issue. Problem is he did nothing with them. Looked slow and stiff out there. Maybe it was Pittsburgh’s D and/or the run blocking but White and Burkhead both had far more success.

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That to me is the big takeaway. He got 15-20 touches, so that wasn’t exactly the issue. Problem is he did nothing with them. Looked slow and stiff out there. Maybe it was Pittsburgh’s D and/or the run blocking but White and Burkhead both had far more success.

Pitt does have a pretty solid D so it could be that. I think Harris has more upside and would like to see him taking over for Michel

23 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Michel definitely didn't look impressive. 

I'll sit him next week for Devin Singletary and he will end up with 120 yards rushing and 2 TDs. It's New England. :dunno: 

And watch F Gore go for 80 yards and two rushing tds. 

Thats life in ff. 

If you can't deal with at least one completely confounding performance from a skill-position player, don't draft any Patriots. 

I'm not panicking yet, but if he can't punch one in against Miami, a freakout may be warranted.

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

If you can't deal with at least one completely confounding performance from a skill-position player, don't draft any Patriots. 

I'm not panicking yet, but if he can't punch one in against Miami, a freakout may be warranted.

While Burkhead is there healthy  I wouldn't expect anything from Michel.  Too many backs to feed. 

Burkhead points in the first game of the season last year. 

Then he scored and avg of 2.74 the next six games. 

Michel is still the one to own. 

But owning any any any Pats rb is always a headache. 

i completely understand the point of "don't trust pat backs" - historically this has held true.  michel was actually FAIRLY consistent last season.

i do believe the steelers game was a specific game script and that michel will get better

I think Michel is the one to own. 

But it’s always tough. 

I mean Harris will get his, and then of course as the season goes on along comes J White. 

When do you trust starting any one of them? 

45 minutes ago, Kent said:

While Burkhead is there healthy  I wouldn't expect anything from Michel.  Too many backs to feed. 

I love it when people make definitive statements after one week. Did you happen to catch any of last year's postseason games? Burkhead was active for all of them and Michel did OK. Let's just see how this plays out before we start carving his gravestone

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think Michel is the one to own. 

But it’s always tough. 

I mean Harris will get his, and then of course as the season goes on along comes J White. 

When do you trust starting any one of them? 

Only when the injuries start to cull the backfield. 

Burkhead might be the first one on the injury list.  

Seems to me that’s been a issue for him, was it not? 

5 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Your thread title is misleading. Sony Michel is very much alive.

Well, he did phrase it as a question.  Thank you for providing the answer.

I have Michel and had Gallup and Crowder on my bench.  I need to figure out which one of those guys to plug in for Michel.  I think I trust Crowder to get targets the most.

1 minute ago, brewens said:

I have Michel and had Gallup and Crowder on my bench.  I need to figure out which one of those guys to plug in for Michel.  I think I trust Crowder to get targets the most.

or you could leave michel in another week

7 minutes ago, brewens said:

If it's PPR, maybe, but Crowder had 14 receptions and didn't even make it to 100 yards on Sunday.

Gallup averaged 22.6 yards per reception on 7 catches, so he's getting more yardage, and probably more TDs.

A tough decision every week for me in non-PPR. Michel vs. Mack. Both ranked right next to each other. Have Mack in now because of last week's results for both but this Miami matchup is amazing. However, it could go so many ways depending on the score. 

1 hour ago, brewens said:

Hey sorry to ask this question, you talking ppr? 

36 minutes ago, Fearsome said:

A tough decision every week for me in non-PPR. Michel vs. Mack. Both ranked right next to each other. Have Mack in now because of last week's results for both but this Miami matchup is amazing. However, it could go so many ways depending on the score. 

Can’t trust the Pats.  

Mack. 

I’d rather start Mack. In Mack’s case, I know I’m not going to go 1.8 hours in the middle of a game wondering if he got benched for missing a blitz pickup.

I believe Sony will be back/trustable. But I’m not going out out of my way to start him anytime soon. His 1.4 almost sank me last week. And the Dolphins have a weird way of harassing the pats when they play in Miami. Yes, even when they’re horrid.

Everybody Relax!!! It’s been one week. Belicheck always shifts him game plan from game to game so Michel could run for 150 yds and 2 TD’s- it absolutely will happen throughout the season, just incredibly difficult to predict with the Pats. The Steelers loaded up to stop the run last week and that worked. Unfortunately for them the GOAT his thing. Move him to your flex- and breathe easy

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jg8393 said:

Everybody Relax!!! It’s been one week. Belicheck always shifts him game plan from game to game so Michel could run for 150 yds and 2 TD’s- it absolutely will happen throughout the season, just incredibly difficult to predict with the Pats.

And that's supposed to put everyone's mind at ease?  "He's going to get you 25+ points a couple of weeks, you just have to wait it out through the 2 point weeks..."?

Traditionally, Belichick foregoes the run vs the Steelers and spreads them out with a passing attack.  They've never been able to stop Tom in that setup.  No reason to take the ball out of Tom's hand and feed it to Michel.  I would ignore reading anything into the Patriot run game vs the Steelers.

I was at the game yesterday. He looked ... fine. Overall numbers were decent, but he didn't break off any big ones (granted, that's never really been his thing). Given the level of competition, however, "fine" is a little worrying. And of course there was the fumble late, which gave me PTSD flashbacks to the year I had Steven Ridley. (It happened right before we left, and I made my friend wait until the Pats' next series to see if Belichick yanked him for fumbling. Sure enough, it was Burkhead in at RB. I'm not sure Michel played another snap after that.)

Jets should represent another good match-up for him, and given that RB2 is the most replaceable position in fantasy, I'm not freaking out. But with Singletary waiting in the wings, he's going to have to play a lot better in order to stay in my starting lineup.

it was not difficult to predict a good game from michel this week.

now - the news on the fumble is a little worrisome...

10 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I was at the game yesterday. He looked ... fine. Overall numbers were decent, but he didn't break off any big ones (granted, that's never really been his thing). Given the level of competition, however, "fine" is a little worrying. And of course there was the fumble late, which gave me PTSD flashbacks to the year I had Steven Ridley. (It happened right before we left, and I made my friend wait until the Pats' next series to see if Belichick yanked him for fumbling. Sure enough, it was Burkhead in at RB. I'm not sure Michel played another snap after that.)

Jets should represent another good match-up for him, and given that RB2 is the most replaceable position in fantasy, I'm not freaking out. But with Singletary waiting in the wings, he's going to have to play a lot better in order to stay in my starting lineup.

I have Singletary as well. I almost played him over Michel in my flex. But didn't this week. I don't think Michel is a fumbler is he? 

6 minutes ago, sderk said:

I have Singletary as well. I almost played him over Michel in my flex. But didn't this week. I don't think Michel is a fumbler is he? 

It was a big issue for him coming out of college. Supposedly the Pats "fixed" him and it wasn't a problem last year (only one fumble all season).

I'm not freaking out about the fumble yesterday, it just raised the stakes a little. 

32 minutes ago, zftcg said:

It was a big issue for him coming out of college. Supposedly the Pats "fixed" him and it wasn't a problem last year (only one fumble all season).

I'm not freaking out about the fumble yesterday, it just raised the stakes a little. 

Michel is a solid back. It's a shame he has knee issues.