Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Nike loses 3.75 billion off market cap with Kaep face of 'Just Do It'

Recommended Posts

The market has been volatile as hell.  They're claiming a 2% drop is because of Kaepernick?

They were at 131B, dropped to 128B.  Friday they were at 138B.  Does that mean people love Kaep?

And I think Kaep is a spoiled brat who's a trust fund SJW who's only doing this shìt because his girlfriend told him to.  It's just that Nike's market cap has 0 to do with this.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The face of the shoe company is supposed to sell shoes.  Who is buying shoes from a washed up never was?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nike and Gillette...firmly in place on my "never buy again" list....👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least they are starting to admit as to why they are losing money. For too long the CEOs and liberals would just bury their heads in the sand and ignore it. d1cks, Gillette, nike etc,,, get woke go broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

At least they are starting to admit as to why they are losing money. For too long the CEOs and liberals would just bury their heads in the sand and ignore it. d1cks, Gillette, nike etc,,, get woke go broke.

I have not seen them admit it yet, post a link if you have it, I have seen Gillette double-down.....fcking morons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The face of the shoe company is supposed to sell shoes.  Who is buying shoes from a washed up never was?

LaVar Ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nobody said:

The market has been volatile as hell.  They're claiming a 2% drop is because of Kaepernick?

They were at 131B, dropped to 128B.  Friday they were at 138B.  Does that mean people love Kaep?

And I think Kaep is a spoiled brat who's a trust fund SJW who's only doing this shìt because his girlfriend told him to.  It's just that Nike's market cap has 0 to do with this.

Exactly this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I have not seen them admit it yet, post a link if you have it, I have seen Gillette double-down.....fcking morons....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/business/dicks-sporting-goods-admits-suffering-gun-policy-backlash-as-sales-slide

https://infostormer.com/gillettes-ceo-admits-they-lost-billions-over-woke-ad-campaigns/

BTW I didn't say they learned anything, just that they are finally admitting why they lost so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That article is a year old?

I watched redzone and did not see many commercials this week, but I thought that campaign was ran last year?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Kaep still appearing in Nike commercials?  I can't remember the last time I saw him in a commercial.  I actually don't even know what Nike has been doing for their ad campaign right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is Kaep still appearing in Nike commercials?  I can't remember the last time I saw him in a commercial.  I actually don't even know what Nike has been doing for their ad campaign right now.

Dunno, but there is no denying he was the focus of an ad campaign. And that campaign sent a bunch of people in the other direction.  And I am with you as far as not knowing what direction NIKE is going, ad wise, right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Dunno, but there is no denying he was the focus of an ad campaign. And that campaign sent a bunch of people in the other direction.  And I am with you as far as not knowing what direction NIKE is going, ad wise, right now.  

That was a last year, wasn't it?  I had already forgotten about it.  I have a feeling most people who are boycotting Nike were buying very few Nike products in the first place.  I usually don't buy their products because I feel they are way too overpriced.  I will buy some stuff when it's on sale because I like some of their gear though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That was a last year, wasn't it?  I had already forgotten about it.  I have a feeling most people who are boycotting Nike were buying very few Nike products in the first place.  I usually don't buy their products because I feel they are way too overpriced.  I will buy some stuff when it's on sale because I like some of their gear though.

My guess is the people applauding the campaign don't buy much Nike and the boycotters don't buy much Nike.  It was an ad campaign meant to pacify current Nike buyers and athletes. Don't know if that worked or not.  I won't buy their shoes because there are much better options.  That is their biggest problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

My guess is the people applauding the campaign don't buy much Nike and the boycotters don't buy much Nike.  It was an ad campaign meant to pacify current Nike buyers and athletes. Don't know if that worked or not.  I won't buy their shoes because there are much better options.  That is their biggest problem.

Nike stock is up.  They are still the most sought after brand.  It didnt hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never paid attention to shoes (or razors). I just get whatever. The first thing I would look at is whatever was on sale or whatever fit the best in the price category I can afford. Sometimes it was Nike/Gillette sometimes not. They were all the focking same and I didn't care. Now I do care and I'll never ever buy Nike/Gillette.

As for if they made or lost money on the ad campaign. I know the day after they lost, then it looked like they made money, now this article is saying they lost. I've registered this as Nike making money in my head and that consumers either don't giving a sh*t or are America hating sh*tbags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×