Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

Brady

For as old as he is, Brady looked darn good last night and now he adds possibly the best receiver in the game. Where does he rank ROS? I think he has chance to be an extremely consistent option with the weapons he'll have at his disposal.

Top 5 QB easy.  NE has mastered the "pick and roll" offense and while I find it sort of cheesey that the NFL allows this, other teams would be wise to copy it.  This style sustains drives and always seems to allow someone to get open.  Hence, Toms stats are sick.  Like I said, top 5 fantasy QB this year and probably top 3.

He faded a bit down the stretch last year. No reason why that wouldn’t happen this year too with him being a year older. I know people are thinking ‘07 Patriots video game offense but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

I think Brady could easly throw for over 40 tds this season. 

Of the trio of Brown and Edelman and J Gordon can stay healthy and then you also toss in J White. 

Wow Brady might just be the biggest value of this ff season. 

Brady is going to be good as long as he says,  45, or someone actually catches him off guard.   If that happens,  he's done. 

I’m so happy. I mean I have Wentz but in the last pick of our 10 man draft and cuz people just wanted to finish up and leave I clicked on Brady. Now I have a serious qb controversy on my hands. Lol. I mean he keeps this up, and why not he’s def gonna finish top 5. 

The biggest risk for Brady is the risk of injury.

dude is 42.   and at that age, you were not meant to have 350 lb linemen taking shots at you.

People at this age have their careers end in one of three ways:

1) Skill deterioration.    while this has affected Brady, it hasnt affected him to the degree I would have thought.  He still has plenty of skill to be productive.

2) injury.   and the older a player gets, the more likely that injury will be gruesome.

3) wear and tear-  at some point the wear and tear reduces a players will to compete.    I dont generally see this in Brady, but it can happen.

Late last year, wear and tear looked like it was taking hold.    That being said, he looks like he has come back refreshed and ready to roll. 

that could change after he takes some big hits.  we shall see.

but for me, the most likely scenario is scenario #2.   I do hope I"m wrong.  I'd like to see him go out on his own terms, but I dont make the rules here.

I don’t think Brady at 41 was in any better position to take hits from 350 lbs players.