Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Who are you dropping?

There are guys you need to pick up right now, and while not all the performers from yesterday will find week to week success, there are some who will that could win your league if you grab the right player.

However, a one-week goose-egg does not mean a guy won't find his stride in a few weeks either and you could end up kicking yourself if you give up on a guy too soon.  There's a thread talking about who to pick up, but at this point who is droppable?

My weakest link on a 12-teamer with limited rosters seems to be Corey Davis.  I already had dropped Cohen to pick up to get McCoy, but my bench this week consisted of James White, A.J. Green, John Brown and McCoy.  Some of the waiver fliers are already going, but still some guys like Amendola and McLaurin out there in a PPR.

Another league I will be choosing between guys like Ballage, Edmonds (have DJ), Corey Davis and Christian Kirk.  Waivers haven't started in this league so I'm going to have to figure something out here as there are guys worth jumping on.

Last league again Corey Davis (common theme here), Kenny Stills and N'Keal Harry.  I assume Harry becomes expendable with Edelman, Gordon and now Brown blocking his path to success.

Frank Gore welcome to dumpsville, do not pass go or collect $200

• Haha 1

after 4 years on my roster, marques lee has 2 more weeks left, tops.

Darwin Thompson....was a late round flier before Shady came to town. I still think he is the future in KC but as long as the new 2 headed monster stays healthy, he's just taking up space. I already dumped AP last week and now I regret it....although, I don't think he will be lighting the world on fire this year either. 

Won’t drop Pettis yet, but definitely going to the bottom of my bench.  Will drop with a repeat of yesterday.

Closest thing to droppable on my team is Marvin Jones but that seems a bit silly after 1 game and 9 points. He could have just as easily came down with a big play. Then again there’s Also Kenyan Drake on my bench...

Damian WIllis for Gardner Minshew if I can get him. I doubt it though. 

Didn't start him but Corey Davis is gone.  Would like to see what he can do with a real QB some day.

4 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Mike Evans is coming close

Seriously?  He was coming off the stomach flu, playing with Bad Jameis in a heat index of about 106.

You might give him one more week.

Laugh if you want but Im cutting Davante Adams.  Like every other team in the NFL, its a massive commitee at WR in Green Bay and the randomness is akin to a roulette wheel.  Just not doing it anymore.  There is NO such thing as a WR1.    They are all just WRs on XXXX team. 

Zach Ertz is also getting dumped.  Efff him too.  Its clear that D-Jax and Jeffrey and more important targets and there are like 27 WRs there too that can go crazy on any given night.  Not interested. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Laugh if you want but Im cutting Davante Adams.  Like every other team in the NFL, its a massive commitee at WR in Green Bay and the randomness is akin to a roulette wheel.  Just not doing it anymore.  There is NO such thing as a WR1.    They are all just WRs on XXXX team. 

There is truth in this.  I went WR/WR in my big money league (Hopkins/JuJu) and although i'll win this week, it's just not worth it.  Honestly if I could do it again I'd go RB/Mahomes.  

17 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Seriously?  He was coming off the stomach flu, playing with Bad Jameis in a heat index of about 106.

You might give him one more week.

Yeah I'll give him another week, but I've seen his disappearing act before, and Winston is terrible

Cleveland DEF and RB Da Thompson.

6 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Yeah I'll give him another week, but I've seen his disappearing act before, and Winston is terrible

Half of his starts, he's terrible, and the other half of his starts, he throws for more than 300 yards (11 times out of 22 starts in the past 2 seasons).

Have to decide if anyone is worth burning #1 waiver position (best I see on the wire right now are Malcolm Brown, Marquise Brown, and Terry McLaurin).

17 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Have to decide if anyone is worth burning #1 waiver position (best I see on the wire right now are Malcolm Brown, Marquise Brown, and Terry McLaurin).

Unless you're really, really weak at RB, I can't imagine that you don't have a WR on your roster that is worth dropping for either one (although I'd go with Brown).

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Unless you're really, really weak at RB, I can't imagine that you don't have a WR on your roster that is worth dropping for either one (although I'd go with Brown).

Oh, I can drop someone, it is just a matter of do I care about waiver position enough to pick them up.

3 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Oh, I can drop someone, it is just a matter of do I care about waiver position enough to pick them up.

I see your point, but man, I think either one of those WRs showed enough yesterday to believe they can be a WR2-3 for most any team for the rest of the season.  I'm not sure that you'll have any better options in subsequent weeks.

I've never saved Waiver Wire position.  If I want a player I get them and I make a ton of add/drops.  Glad I'm only in blind bid leagues these days though.

This is an issue for me. In terms of guys on the waiver wire, I'm interested in Marquise Brown and McLaurin. But in terms of who I'd have to drop, it would either be Waller (2nd TE behind Andrews) or Big Ben (2nd QB behind Wentz). I think I might drop Ben, not because of his performance but because I don't like to have two QBs if my first one is solid, and I only drafted him because I couldn't believe last year's overall QB3 was still there in the 12th round. But it just feels kind of weird, ya know?

I also may look into trading Waller to a team with a crappy TE.

16 hours ago, adidas said:

Darwin Thompson....was a late round flier before Shady came to town. I still think he is the future in KC but as long as the new 2 headed monster stays healthy, he's just taking up space. I already dumped AP last week and now I regret it....although, I don't think he will be lighting the world on fire this year either. 

Thompson is the one I'm struggling with.  Late round lottery pickups are worthy in our keeper league as value next year is this year's pick -1 round for a maximum of three years kept.  I struck gold with an unknown rookie called David Johnson a few years back.  He tied up a bench spot for the season because I liked the flashes I saw behind C2J and that paid off big time the following year at a super cheap price (14th round).   

I grabbed Thompson late this year before news of Shady going to KC in the hope that he would be the next DJ-like late round gem.  I thought I'd park him until it was his turn, but now we're not even getting a chance to see what he can do in a real game.  I'll kick myself if I drop him and he starts to blow up.  With a WW pickup later in the season his keeper value won't be as good (round 9 vs round 13).

Other than Thompson, the other one I'm likely going to drop is Big Ben (behind Brees) and possibly MVS (I have lots of WR depth already).

I plan on dropping IND TE J. Doyle, SEA DEF (didn't like the NE vs. PIT match-up) .. and maybe TB QB Winston.