Sign in to follow this  
shaabyi

Terry McLaurin

2 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

This whole theory was part of the reason I was ok waiting on WR.  In my one redraft league I got flat laughed at during the draft when I started my draft Kamara, Kelce, Chris Godwin, Zach Ertz.  

Shoulda heard the laughter when I went Mahomie/Kelce/D. Henry/Carson....and grabbed Hollywood Brown and The Hard Man late.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Shoulda heard the laughter when I went Mahomie/Kelce/D. Henry/Carson....and grabbed Hollywood Brown and The Hard Man late.

Was that after the laughter died down from picking the Bears with the overall #1 pick?

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Was that after the laughter died down from picking the Bears with the overall #1 pick?

That was my last draft in a different league (5 this year).....but I am hanging around at 1-1 and 2nd in the division in that one. Need a QB though. Been rolling Murray and Winston. Tried to get Rudolph but was sniped. Hopefully, Kyler gets his sea legs pretty quick.

13 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

I'd love some insight if you want to share.

This whole theory was part of the reason I was ok waiting on WR.  In my one redraft league I got flat laughed at during the draft when I started my draft Kamara, Kelce, Chris Godwin, Zach Ertz.  

I added John Ross on waivers, picked up Chark and am hoping Mike Williams rounds into form.

If you can make in season adjustments and jump on guys who will keep producing early you can make any draft start work.  

I use local newspapers for all my player research when it comes to drafting.  National media outlets, like ESPN, MSNBC, Yahoo and some others all get paid for coming up with stupid tweets that have no basis in actual fact.  The local NFL writer almost always has a close relationship with the Head Coach and usually the Assistants too.  When they say someone is going to push for a starting job, you can believe them.  They are much more critical of players and when they praise someone, it's worth noting.  With McLaurin, the actual writers in Washington were saying he was the best WR they have had in years and he's only a rookie.  The reports weren't just talk, they really loved this kid.  In contrast, they absolutely ripped apart Jordan Reed and their former first round pick from a couple years ago.  If you follow Rotoworld, a Tweet on McLaurin may have said "This kid looks good and has a shot at some playing time."  The person tweeting that, or writing it, likely heard it from someone else who heard it from someone else.....  The local guy flat out knows what the coaches think and they don't have to kiss anyones rear-end.  They write what they see.  There are a lot of newspapers out there, but if I'm considering drafting someone I know very little about, I guarantee you it's coming straight from the hometown paper. 

I don't know how it works everywhere else, but our former lead NFL Columnist for the Post Dispatch was really close with not just the various Head Coaches we had, but everyone all the way down to the strength & conditioning guy.  He flat out blasted guys that didn't practice hard or look good.  Rarely did he praise a rookie, but back when Torry Holt was drafted (I'm in St. Louis), the national media didn't think much of him because we already had Isaac Bruce.  Jim, our sports writer, said he was the best route running rookie he had ever seen.  Torry went on to have a pretty solid career.  lol  It's just little things that can help you get an edge.  It has seriously worked for me and I'll continue to do it as long as I can.  Another example:  The sportswriter in Jacksonville said he was not at all impressed with Fournette.  Nationally, he was getting a ton of attention.  In Jacksonville, their sports guy said he seemed lazy and uninterested.  I passed on him in all drafts based on that statement. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Folks starting him this week? Tough matchup 

As a wr3 he is locked into my lineup. He had a tough matchup last week too. Keenums deep ball skills are his problem. Twice he was schemed open for long tds and twice keenum overthrew him. 

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Folks starting him this week? Tough matchup 

I’m personally not. I’d like to avoid the bears matchup in this case but he’s sliding back in after this week.

1 hour ago, SexyRexy said:

I’m personally not. I’d like to avoid the bears matchup in this case but he’s sliding back in after this week.

Yeah he’s on my bench too. I may regret it but just hard to see Washington doing much of anything on offense 

On 9/17/2019 at 10:07 AM, AxeElf said:

Yeah, well, he says he doesn't have long to live, so I cut him some slack.

Whoah! HAHA with your ego, you didn't pick up that I was talking about you? HAHA, Whoah! A little over your head I guess, maybe next time.

5 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Whoah! HAHA with your ego, you didn't pick up that I was talking about you? HAHA, Whoah! A little over your head I guess, maybe next time.

Well of course you were talking about me; you said it was a class move for me to cut that "joker" a break.

Whoah! Kinda remind me of those beautiful hayfields I worked in as a kid-and there were cow pies too with those crap/flies constantly lingering-kinda like you............haha, now shoo!

49 minutes ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

He was never a NFL QB. 

i think he was.  then he got cut.  i will always remember a funny post here that, when he was cut, he bled gravy

4 hours ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

He was never a NFL QB. 

3 hours ago, cavern said:

i think he was.  then he got cut.  i will always remember a funny post here that, when he was cut, he bled gravy

He was, but I think CMT was being facetious about his lack of any true NFL ability.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:03 PM, Jedi Sensei said:

Ja'marcus Russell?

Thats a myth. A legend qb coaches tell black kids. You better work out. You don't wanna be a Jamarcus Russell. Then they all laugh knowing no black athlete could ever be THAT bad. 

33 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Warren Moon wasn’t much of a runner either.

Yea but he is also a top 10 alltime qb soooooo

• Like 1