Gridiron Mafia

Trade Options

I drafted the following team in a 12 team standard league:

M. Ryan/J. Winston

Da. Johnson, Ker. Johnson, S.Michel

O. Beckham, Ant. Brown

Following week 1 I have been offered a few trades from owners looking to buy low...

Ive been offered Latavious Murray straight up for Kerryon Johnson - Considering this after realizing that I basically have two inconsistent "Pat Offense" backs on my team.

Also offered Shady McCoy straight up for S. Michel - I have not considered this seriously but I would be willing to sweeten this deal a little and maybe try for another upgrade due to the same above reasoning.

Ive never drafted a Pats back before due to the insane inconsistency as stated above but both of these guys fell to me and so I drafted them.  I dont like the looks of it after week 1.

Thoughts? 

Personally, I'd rather have McCoy than Michel at this point, but I've been wrong many times before.   I think you hit the nail on the head with the inconsistencies of a Pats back.  McCoy may be a higher injury risk, but I think his numbers will be more consistent than Michels if he stays healthy.  Michels might have a career game next week, then completely disappear the following just due to Bellichek exploiting an opponent's weakness.

Ever heard the phrase "Overreaction Monday".  That's especially true today.  I'd stick with Kerryon.  Also, if you can swing a trade for McCoy, good.  But, keep in mind that KC also has Williams and Thompson (who they drafted).  Both will play at some point, taking away snaps from McCoy.

I would take McCoy, he’s A Reid’s guy.  

And I would trade him for Michel easly.  

You don’t need the frustration that comes with the RBBC with the Pats Rbs.  

Hey good post, and good luck. 

• Like 1

I'd also take the deal for McCoy.    Michel will give you great production on about 30% of the games.    30% of the time someone else will be featured, and another 30% of the time they wont run the ball at all because the pass game is clicking.

with McCoy you are getting a reasonably consistent #1.   sure he will have some dud games, but he will give you far better production on a game to game basis.