RedzoneMonster

Post your odds AB is a Pat week 16

99% 

I think he wants to win a superbowl and he realized that carr is terrible 

i'm actually going with only 50%

i don't think his antics are an act, that he can't control himself too well, and that he will flip out at some point over not getting the ball enough.  i don't think they will be able to get him the ball enough because he will struggle to run the right routes and brady will not extend the play like ben did

As long as he doesn't start posting videos of Patriot team meetings, he should last unless he's more like Ocho Cinco than Randy Moss - we will definitely find out how good of a football player AB is.

I think he's a moron that still has a good chance of screwing up.  He seems to have a monster ego.  I'll go with 80% he's still with the team.

60% is a good call, I’d say that’s about right. This all reminds me of that Moss year where he played for 3 teams. One minute he’s catching a historic TD from Brett Favre as a Viking, the next he’s on the Titans after fighting with catering or some shiot.

2 hours ago, cavern said:

i don't think his antics are an act, that he can't control himself too well, and that he will flip out at some point over not getting the ball enough.  i don't think they will be able to get him the ball enough because he will struggle to run the right routes and brady will not extend the play like ben did

This is what I agree with here.  He's too unpredictable and emotional (like a baby).

I'll say 75%. NE is where he wanted to be from the start. He has plenty of incentive, dollar wise, both this year and next year to be a productive and co-operative member of that team. NE also sticks with players as long as they believe they can help them win. 

With that said, I still leave a 25% chance that I am still, somehow, underestimating Brown and his ability to be a jack a$$.

• Like 1

I'm going to say it's 100%.

He knows that the Pats don't tolerate it, and he knows that this has to work, or he's Kaepernick'd: talent or not.

• Like 1

I'd say 95% he keeps it together this year. He or his agent played the Raiders like a fiddle. 5% chance to take into account he is a total knucklehead that can't help being an ahole. 

18 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

I'm going to say it's 100%.

He knows that the Pats don't tolerate it, and he knows that this has to work, or he's Kaepernick'd: talent or not.

Mensa!  Howdy!  Where you been?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

30% I got a feeling him and Julian are going to fight

Julian’s gotta be a little butthurt over this. Maybe Gordon too

34 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Mensa!  Howdy!  Where you been?

Ah, ya know: living life, playing golf, watching my girls grow up.

And then getting here during football!

Hope you're doing well!

Just now, IMMensaMind said:

Ah, ya know: living life, playing golf, watching my girls grow up.

And then getting here during football!

Hope you're doing well!

I am!  Thanks!

Hope you post here more often. You're sorely missed.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I am!  Thanks!

Hope you post here more often. You're sorely missed.  :thumbsup:

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not that missed - lol

I'll be around all season I'm sure.

• Thanks 1

90%

The Patriots make stuff like this work, I think he'll behave for the most part

50%

Gordon and AB likely going to get blunted one night, resulting in both being suspended and going to in patient facilities.

Or, maybe they’ll compare notes on which SSRI and anti psychotic meds work best for one another and be productive members of the NFL and society as a whole.

16 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

All joking aside, what odds do you give that AB will keep his mouth shut and remain a Patriot all year?

I say 60% chance.  

As odd as it sounds right now, I think he goes to the Pats and is a perfect, dedicated WR.  Nobody in that locker room will tolerate his stuff and I'm sure he knows this.  After watching Bill B. deal with other headcases over the years, Brown isn't going to be a big deal.  Do you think Bill didn't sit him down immediately and let him know who rules the roost in NE?  Like them or not, the Patriots play as a team.  It's all about the TEAM.  If anything, I can see him coming in late to a meeting and one of the other players putting him in his place.  Quickly. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cavern said:

10% - revised prediction

Just found out his contract has specific language in it that says the guarantee and salary can be voided if his conduct “undermines the clubs public image”. Care to revise again?

Assuming the NFL and the Patriots give him the same benefit of the doubt that was given to Zeke, meaning he isn't forced to sit based on the baseless allegations of a gold digging ...

I say there is a 95% chance he finishes the season a Patriot. I leave 5% in case he really does have CTE.

Seems like most people forget that AB was  a top 2 WR in the league for most of the last 6 years. His stats were HoF level. He isn't some dude who had one great season and then went insane like OBJ or Josh Gordon. He has a track record of sustained success and hard work. His mental issues only showed up in the last 2 years, coincidentally when he got paid. 

For reference:

Receptions:

2018 104 (9th)

2017 101 (5th)

2016 106 (2nd)

2015 136 (T-1st)

2014 129 (1st)

2013 110 (2nd)

Yards:

2018 1297 (11th)

2017 1533 (1st)

2016 1284 (5th)

2015 1834 (2nd)

2014 1698 (1st)

2013 1499 (2nd)

Touchdowns:

2018 15 (1st)

2017 9 (T-3rd)

2016 12 (T-2nd)

2015 10 (T-7th)

2014 13 (T-2ND)

2013 8 (T-10)

He already has money, after that a ring is why players play. He was a role model player prior to getting paid. Winning is contagious and that is what happens in New England. For the good of the league I hope he puts his head down and balls out.

1 hour ago, Intense Observer said:

I hope he puts his head down and balls out.

That's what has him in trouble currently...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That's what has him in trouble currently...

exactly.  keep your head down, but the balls in

On 9/9/2019 at 4:48 PM, cavern said:

I disagree, I think he is in complete control. 

On 9/12/2019 at 4:50 AM, cavern said:

exactly.  keep your head down, but the balls in

Give it another week...news will come out he did this too.

8 minutes ago, NAn said:

Give it another week...news will come out he did this too.

to date there have only been 2 reports of balls out inappropriately

24 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I disagree, I think he is in complete control. 

There's no way.  Dude has cost himself MILLIONS he will never recover.  He has cost himself a career, sponsors, teammates, fans...everything.  Lawsuits and charges have to be coming now the news of what he is really is out.  

1 minute ago, cavern said:

to date there have only been 2 reports of balls out inappropriately

I was actually referring to him  putting his 'head down', but noted

3 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

There's no way.  Dude has cost himself MILLIONS he will never recover.  He has cost himself a career, sponsors, teammates, fans...everything.  Lawsuits and charges have to be coming now the news of what he is really is out.  

Phil had to be joking.  just had to be

5 minutes ago, cavern said:

Phil had to be joking.  just had to be

Maybe.  He's opened himself up to suspension for conduct by the league for the "threatening" texts he sent out last night.  Off the deep end...no doubt.  

12 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

Maybe.  He's opened himself up to suspension for conduct by the league for the "threatening" texts he sent out last night.  Off the deep end...no doubt.  

i think it will turn out that some blows he's taken to the head are contributing to whatever he's got going on.  i don't wish that on anyone.

however, as a steelers fan, i am feeling some relief/satisfaction that he is no longer with the pats

1 hour ago, cavern said:

i think it will turn out that some blows he's taken to the head are contributing to whatever he's got going on.  i don't wish that on anyone.

however, as a steelers fan, i am feeling some relief/satisfaction that he is no longer with the pats

Well, once again, this is a misnomer.  Brown was behaving like this all the way back to 2012 - well before Burficit laid him out.  CBSSports had an article on this.

4 hours ago, cavern said:

Same boat.  I'm just hopeful the last two WR draft picks of Washington and Johnson can approach even part of what AB was.  It sucks because I really liked the guy, but all those reports over the years, particularly the rumors out of training camp that AB didn't stay in dorms like the rest of the players, are disturbing.  But I'm with you, selfish behavior is one thing...this is destructive behavior and I'm afraid it won't end well.  

13 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, once again, this is a misnomer.  Brown was behaving like this all the way back to 2012 - well before Burficit laid him out.  CBSSports had an article on this.

oh, gosh, i forgot that he was acting so ridiculously in 2012 that he had raised a stink and quit one team and then acted such that he got kicked off the next 2 teams in record time.

whatever is going on is getting worse.  whether it has to do with blows to the head or not