Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

What Do You Need Tonight?

Recommended Posts

League 1:  34.5 PPR points out of Deshaun Watson and Darren Waller.  (Had Devonta Freeman and Mike Evans, ugh.)

League 2:  Drew Brees, Michael Thomas and Jared Cook to score less than my Deshaun Watson +77.2 PPR pts.  (Also had Freeman and Evans.)

League 3:  Can't win.  (Had Jameis Winston, Tyreek Hill, Peyton Barber, Mike Evans.)

League 4:  Play-all week; currently 4th out of 12 with Will Fuller and Darren Waller to go.  (This is the league where I picked a K and a D in the 1st and 2nd, instead of Davante Adams and Joe Mixon, with whom I would probably be losing.)

League 5:  Play-all week; currently 5th out of 12, but done.  Probably going to need something like Alvin Kamara to score less than 12 PPR points to stay in the top half of the league.  (Had Jameis Winston, Derrius Guice, and Juju Smith-Schuster starting--and Matt Ryan on the bench.)

League 6:  Play-all week; currently 8th out of 12; need a huge game from Will Fuller to have a chance at top half--probly something like 25 pts.  (Had Jameis Winston, Joe Mixon, Davante Adams, and Mike Evans starting--and Matt Ryan on the bench.)

League 7:  Play-all week; currently 9th out of 12 with Waller to go.  Would need an insane game; let's just call this a loss.  (Had Devonta Freeman, Derrius Guice, Mike Evans.)

League 8:  Play-all week; currently 8th out of 12 and done--loss.  (Had Jameis Winston, Joe Mixon, and Mike Evans starting--and Jared Goff on the bench.)

League 9:  Drew Brees, Courtland Sutton and Jared Cook to score less than my Deshaun Watson, Michael Thomas and Darren Waller + 10.6 half-PPR pts.  (Did well despite starting Devonta Freeman and Jakeem Grant.)

League 10:  Latavius Murray to score less than 57.6 PPR pts.--let's call this a win.  (Overcame starting Jameis Winston and Devonta Freeman.)

League 11:  Lost to the worst team in the league, who picked up Marquise Brown when I dropped him a couple of weeks ago (for Jakeem Grant) and started him against me--with Sammy Watkins matching Brown point-for-point... on my bench.  This one stings.  (Also started Jameis Winston, Tyreek Hill and Devonta Freeman.)

League 12:  Ryan Grant to score less than 11.7 PPR pts.  Feeling pretty good.  (Overcame Jameis Winston and Mike Evans, plus the preseason loss of Lamar Miller.)

League 13:  Will Fuller and Carlos Hyde to score more than 45.6 PPR pts.  (Lost Lamar Miller in this league too; started Jameis Winston and Peyton Barber.)

League 14:  Josh Jacobs and Joe Flacco to score more than 65.1 PPR pts.  (Started Devonta Freeman, Devin Funchess and Peyton Barber.)

League 15:  Derek Carr to score 25.46 more than Josh Jacobs and Jared Cook.  Right.  (Started Devonta Freeman, Joe Mixon and Derrius Guice at RB--thought that was pretty solid, pregame--with Devin Funchess and Jakeem Grant as well.)

Before y'all start guffawing at starting guys like Jakeem Grant and Devin Funchess, keep in mind that a lot of these are large (14-20 team) leagues with deep rosters and 12-13 starters in each.

My other five leagues are DraftMasters leagues (the numbers in parentheses are the numbers those players would have to beat to contribute)...

League 16:  Currently 6th out of 10 with DeAndre Hopkins (4.8) and Carlos Hyde (3.7) going tonight.

League 17:  Currently 3rd out of 10 with Joe Flacco (23.60) and Will Fuller (16.7) going tonight.

League 18:  Currently 5th out of 10 with Michael Thomas (11.6), DeAndre Hopkins (11.6, 22.8) and Carlos Hyde (6.5) going tonight.

League 19:  Currently 4th out of 10 with Joe Flacco (23.6) going tonight.

League 20:  Currently 1st out of 10 with Deshaun Watson (23.60), Carlos Hyde (16.7), Josh Jacobs (16.7, 25.1), and the Houston K (11.4) and DST (11.0) going tonight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this one in the bag - just need two TD catches and a couple hundred receiving yards from Fuller and a pick six from the Texans D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Showboat said:

I got this one in the bag - just need two TD catches and a couple hundred receiving yards from Fuller and a pick six from the Texans D.

Let's get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my main $ league I'm up 46.5 PPR, he has Kamara, I've got Watson and Sutton.  ESPN says I have an 89% chance of winning, so there is an 11% chance that Kamara scores 47 and Watson and Sutton both get hit by buses on the way to the stadium.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothin, I have Hopkins and Lat Murray to play and still can’t win because my opponent had Lamar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge game from Deandre with some help from Lutz and a poor showing from Will Fuller and Emmanual Sanders would get the W.  Please football gods.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

down by 25 I have Watson and Sutton. They have Sanders.

Fun fact Sutton and Sanders home towns are about 25 miles apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×