Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Bank mistakenly puts 120k in couples account - they spent it.

As of now, they say they know it wasn't their money.  But they are getting a defense attorney. 

They bought an SUV, camper, trailer and two 4-wheelers and gave 15k to friends.  lol.

It was mentioned that the couple is "trying to pay it back" but they don't have the funds.

Like, what did they think was going to happen?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/us/bank-deposit-error-couple-spending-spree-trnd/index.html

WNEP reports the couple has been released on $25,000 bail.  :lol:

I knew it wuttin mine, but dayum, four wheelers are fun...

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Why?

Because they put the money in the wrong account.

Just now, Voltaire said:

Because they put the money in the wrong account.

Yawn.  Maybe 2 numbers were transposed.  That equals stupidity?

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Yawn.  Maybe 2 numbers were transposed.  That equals stupidity?

Then, after that, presumably the wrong name comes up on he screen and you don't catch it before you hit confirm.

This problem doesn't happen if the teller didn't light up a bong a half hour ago or something.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Then, after that, presumably the wrong name comes up on he screen and you don't catch it before you hit confirm.

This problem doesn't happen if the teller didn't light up a bong a half hour ago or something.

Valid

I would just say that in Monopoly if you draw the Bank error in your favor card, you get to keep the money...that's not real?

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Valid

yeah just saying that even though the couple were idiots...bank was just as much too.

Some of what you guys are arguing about reminds me of a customer at a store that brings up an item and they want it for $10 even though its a $100 item, just happened to be sitting behind a $10 price tag.  "well it was sitting by tag that said $10, so I should get it for that".   Uh..No you shouldn't dooshbag. That's not how much it is. 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

I would just say that in Monopoly if you draw the Bank error in your favor card, you get to keep the money...that's not real?

I was always banker and always started with a minimum of 2 - 500 dollar bills hidden somewhere

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

I was always banker and always started with a minimum of 2 - 500 dollar bills hidden somewhere

Anyone dumb enough to let you be banker deserves it. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Anyone dumb enough to let you be banker deserves it. 

Edex Cup 4 years running, Die Nasty Dynasty League 10 years :cry:

Interesting issue. I think we’d all agree they’re in the wrong morally but did they commit a crime? Not really theft if someone gives it to you

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Interesting issue. I think we’d all agree they’re in the wrong morally but did they commit a crime? Not really theft if someone gives it to you

Bwahahahahaha

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

Edex Cup 4 years running, Die Nasty Dynasty League 10 years :cry:

You're the kind of guy I'd trust with real money, but I know you'd cheat in a monopoly game. I'm pretty much the same way. 

I didn't click the link but that sounds like a white peepo list of stuff to buy.

47 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You can't really be a lawyer.  Focking retard.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, frank said:

How would someone even notice an extra $120k? :dunno:

I’d notice, but would just assume the interest rate on my account changed a bit.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

You can't really be a lawyer.  Focking retard.

Maybe you could oughta see how their defense plays out before making such a bold statement. At any rate, it was a question and I think an interesting one under the law 

5 minutes ago, frank said:

How would someone even notice an extra $120k? :dunno:

I think it's a peasant joke. For geek club members it would be like the market crashing and losing 120 million in your portfolio. You know, not enough to change anything other maybe you get medium size super yacht.

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Maybe you could oughta see how their defense plays out before making such a bold statement. At any rate, it was a question and I think an interesting one under the law 

You think this hasn't happened before?  That it's not settled law?  As I said, you're a focking retard who can't actually be a lawyer.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

You think this hasn't happened before?  That it's not settled law?  As I said, you're a focking retard who can't actually be a lawyer.

I’m sure it’s happened somewhere but probably not in that exact jurisdiction and involving CRIMINAL charges. I’d wager that these things are probably mostly civil in nature especially since amounts are probably usually far lower than fricking $120k.

Now go fock yourself :wave:

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m sure it’s happened somewhere but probably not in that exact jurisdiction and involving CRIMINAL charges. I’d wager that these things are probably mostly civil in nature especially since amounts are probably usually far lower than fricking $120k.

As usual you're focking clueless. 

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

We accidentally gave a poor person $120k and he spent it!   Seems like they're prosecuting human nature rather than criminal intent.

Some of you are looking at "accidentally put the money in the wrong place" the same thing as "finders keepers, losers weepers" .

18 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

We accidentally gave a poor person $120k and he spent it!   Seems like they're prosecuting human nature rather than criminal intent.

Its human nature to survive. So if someone is dying of hunger or thirst, they can rob someone to survive, and its all good? 

14 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Some of you are looking at "accidentally put the money in the wrong place" the same thing as "finders keepers, losers weepers" .

Its human nature to survive. So if someone is dying of hunger or thirst, they can rob someone to survive, and its all good? 

Did the person dying of hunger and thirst break into somebody's house of find $120K mixed in with the sweaty socks and underwear in their gym bag? I don't think this couple are a danger to society or any more likely to break into somebody's house this week than they were last week.

This isn't monopoly you focking retards. When a bank makes an error in your favor you don't get to keep it.

32 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

What percentage of the population would do the exact same thing if they found 125k in their bank account?   I'd guess at least 25% - qualify that to "poor people" and I'd guess 50%.

They were part of the 50% and unlucky enough to have it happen.  They should be forced to repay.... no jail.

19 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Lemme guess...White couple? 

Gotta be, right ?

I honestly don't know

The media never reports race in a story like this.

9 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

As of now, they say they know it wasn't their money.  But they are getting a defense attorney. 

They bought an SUV, camper, trailer and two 4-wheelers and gave 15k to friends.  lol.

It was mentioned that the couple is "trying to pay it back" but they don't have the funds.

Like, what did they think was going to happen?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/us/bank-deposit-error-couple-spending-spree-trnd/index.html

1. So you're poor.  You find what could be a life changing amount of money in your bank account and you go and buy a bunch of toys?  That's why I don't feel sorry for poor people.  That shìt is self-inflicted.

2. The bank is charging them $107k in overdraft fees. That's pretty messed up.

Money does not fix stupid.....

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You're the kind of guy I'd trust with real money, but I know you'd cheat in a monopoly game. I'm pretty much the same way. 

Gotcha. You're 100% correct. Just win at all costs baby

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Bwahahahahahahaha