Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Bank mistakenly puts 120k in couples account - they spent it.

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Absolutely no way they get it all back plus interest. Never gonna happen, period.

This from the idiot who doesn't think they should have to pay it back anyways.  🤣

If you have any sense you turn it in to the bank. Only because there isn’t some “possession is 9/10 of the law BS you see on tv.” which I guarantee you they used to rationalize it. Now, if I find a bag of money on the street that’s different. Even if I knew it belonged to an orphanage of blind kids I’m keeping that shiot. You have to be plum dumb to think a bank won’t trace the mistake back to you though.

28 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Absolutely no way they get it all back plus interest. Never gonna happen, period.

I don't know... I know bankers who think/say otherwise.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

This from the idiot who doesn't think they should have to pay it back anyways.  🤣

Where the fock did I say that? Liar.

• Like 1

How did they get it out of the bank? write checks?

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Who knows.  It was in their account.  They could have simply walked up to a teller and asked to withdraw it.

4 hours ago, edjr said:

Little while ago banks invented this thing called debit cards 

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Little while ago banks invented this thing called debit cards 

Can you buy cars with a debit card?

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Why could you not? 

I don't know honestly. I rarely if ever use a debit card. But when I bought my last car, I wrote a check for it.

Williams, 36, and his wife, are unemployed, have three children and live with his father in Montoursville.

:doh:

18 hours ago, Strike said:

Who knows.  It was in their account.  They could have simply walked up to a teller and asked to withdraw it.

What teller wouldn't think da fuq?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

What teller wouldn't think da fuq?

Why?  I have deposited and withdrawn large amounts of money numerous times.  Why would a teller be surprised if someone took out a large sum?  The most recent article posted suggests there were multiple withdrawals though:

Withdrawals were made at various bank branches and ATM locations, he said.

So chances are they took decent sized chunks on a number of occasions but not the entire amount at once.

22 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Poor idiots always seem to have cash for tats and cigs.  :dunno:

Yep. Ya don't often see poor people with Gatorade or protein shakes in their hands.  Just don't have the funds.  But tats, cigs and beer....abbbbbbbsolutely.  

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2019 at 1:38 PM, IGotWorms said:

Where the fock did I say that? Liar.

Paging the fat tiny d1ck incel. Your response is requested 

31 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Paging the fat tiny d1ck incel. Your response is requested 

Awwww,  Hitlery's 's foot rub boy is throwing another tantrum.  How cute.  What is it like to be crying every day 3 years after she lost? 

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

Awwww,  Hitlery's 's foot rub boy is throwing another tantrum.  How cute.  What is it like to be crying every day 3 years after she lost? 

He’s right though, you made that up.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:08 AM, Strike said:

Why?  I have deposited and withdrawn large amounts of money numerous times.  Why would a teller be surprised if someone took out a large sum?  The most recent article posted suggests there were multiple withdrawals though:

So chances are they took decent sized chunks on a number of occasions but not the entire amount at once.

most you can get from an ATM in one day is 400 (unless you specifically request a higher amount) if you go to another ATM (same branch) it will say "Sorry, you're reached your limit for the day"

2 hours ago, MDC said:

He’s right though, you made that up.

No I didn't.  He absolutely said that.  But keep trolling.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

No I didn't.  He absolutely said that.  But keep trolling.

I scrolled through the thread. Worms said he doesn’t think it constitutes theft and they’re not going to pay it all back with interest. He didn’t say they shouldn’t have to pay it back, just that it won’t happen. 

You lose. 

JFC.  If the bank made demand for the money, which I'm sure they did, and the couple didn't hand it over, it's probably a larceny.  Civilly, there's also paths to recovery of a money judgment in favor of the Bank.  The Bank won't recover in a "can't get blood from a stone" kind of way.

17 hours ago, MDC said:

I scrolled through the thread. Worms said he doesn’t think it constitutes theft and they’re not going to pay it all back with interest. He didn’t say they shouldn’t have to pay it back, just that it won’t happen. 

You lose. 

We all read what he wrote, then he tried to cover it up, now you are trying to help him. The tapdancing duo. :lol:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

We all read what he wrote, then he tried to cover it up, now you are trying to help him. The tapdancing duo. :lol:

Speaking of tap dancing, can either of you guys produce a quote? 😉