Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Bill Maher is right...

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Nailed it.  I love the nervous laughter by his PC audience.  :thumbsup:

his audience is a farce, complete woke laughing stock.

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

his audience is a farce, complete woke laughing stock.

I feel kinda bad for him. He’s a contrarian yet now he’s got a liberal following that he can’t have turn on him. Must give him fits

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I feel kinda bad for him. He’s a contrarian yet now he’s got a liberal following that he can’t have turn on him. Must give him fits

totally. He's in a tough spot. He has to kowtow to the left. He's not a true liberal at all, much more a centrist.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Maher's audience is nothing but a bunch of seals programmed to clap at everything left and far left.

and moan at anything slightly center or controversial. 

• Like 1

I like him.  Never found him funny but I have always liked how he will call out both sides at times.   

Hes right here and I agree his audience didnt know what to do. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I like him.  Never found him funny but I have always liked how he will call out both sides at times.   

Hes right here and I agree his audience didnt know what to do. 

To be fair, he MOSTLY calls out the right.  And when he does call out the left, it's usually for something minor and insignificant.  He no where near lays into the left like he lays into the right.

I'd say it's a 95& to 5% (Conservatives vs Liberals) scale.  If he went on stage and said the earth was flat his audience would clap like seals without even thinking.

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

To be fair, he MOSTLY calls out the right.  And when he does call out the left, it's usually for something minor and insignificant.  He no where near lays into the left like he lays into the right.

I'd say it's a 95& to 5% (Conservatives vs Liberals) scale.  If he went on stage and said the earth was flat his audience would clap like seals without even thinking.

I agree hes very left.  But at least hes willing to call it both ways sometimes.  

There isnt a single tall show host that does that.  Zero 

Just now, supermike80 said:

I agree hes very left.  But at least hes willing to call it both ways sometimes.  

Sure.  I suppose it's a small win if you're keeping track, but a win nonetheless.

I used to look forward to his show. He HATED Trump before he ever ran for election. Went completely bat sh!t insane during and after the election. 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

I used to look forward to his show. He HATED Trump before he ever ran for election. Went completely bat sh!t insane during and after the election. 

Most people hated Trump before the election. Even here his candidacy was ridiculed, until it wasn't.

Hell, I've hated him since the 80s. He's a doosh. Always has been. 

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

That seems to be changing. Bill Bahr is a great litmus test for what has happened politically of late.

Ten years ago, even I though Bill was a flaming leftie.

Now? Even he recognizes that the left has lost its focking mind. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Most people hated Trump before the election. Even here his candidacy was ridiculed, until it wasn't.

I was speaking specifically to Maher and his history with Trump. Maher is focking clownshoes now because of feelings. He preached trump policy bigtime in the past 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

I watched every show for years and years. And I have to go out of my way to do so, I can't just tune in, I have to download the show. But that's when I stopped watching between the Trump win and the innagural. He was insufferably bad. It's nice to see every so often that he's still sane though. He's never been PC and never sold out as PC culture runs rampant on the left (and?) in the Democratic party.

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I watched every show for years and years. And I have to go out of my way to do so, I can't just tune in, I have to download the show. But that's when I stopped watching between the Trump win and the innagural. He was insufferably bad. It's nice to see every so often that he's still sane though. He's never been PC and never sold out as PC culture runs rampant on the left (and?) in the Democratic party.

Thank you. He hates PC and admits he has totally failed in turning people away from PC BS.

I was amazed that he did the fat shaming monologue at the end of the show, and I loved it. 

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

How old were you in 1989?

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

How old were you in 1989?

I remember Trump and ivanna, the divorce. One or both of them did lifestyles of the rich and famous back then. I remember the golden toilet on the Trump jet. I didn't know the word doosh meant yet, but I know he was one. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I remember Trump and ivanna, the divorce. One or both of them did lifestyles of the rich and famous back then. I remember the golden toilet on the Trump jet. I didn't know the word doosh meant yet, but I know he was one. 

Ok, at 9 I wasn’t into calling out TV personalities.  Just checking your math.  👍

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Ok, at 9 I wasn’t into calling out TV personalities.  Just checking your math.  👍

I was a dorky little fock. I distinctly remember begging to stay up late during the 88 election so I could color each state red or blue depending on who won. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I was a dorky little fock. Indistinctly remember begging to stay up late during the 88 election so I could color each state red or blue depending on who won. 

That’s cool. 

I didn't start giving a sh1t about poltics until after a few years I started posting here.  I didn't even know what democrat and republican meant

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

I didn't start giving a sh1t about poltics until after a few years I started posting here.  I didn't even know what democrat and republican meant

I don't think I understand what Democrat and Republican mean anymore.... 😔

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I don't think I understand what Democrat and Republican mean anymore.... 😔

Democrats - young, crazy, woke losers

Republicans - white, old, insane losers

I lean left, and I liked Maher back in his "Politically Incorrect" days, but at some point I got really tired of his schtick for reasons having nothing to do with politics. He's a comedian who mistakes his humor for political analysis. Jon Stewart has a similar problem, but a) Stewart is a million times funnier than Maher and b) at least when he gets serious, he puts his energies toward something unambiguously good like helping 9/11 first responders. Maher is like the class clown who convinces himself that he's challenging authority structures when all he's really doing is shooting spitballs from the back row.

Also, the way he structures his show, with his sycophantic audience and guest panel sitting a few feet away from him and giggling during his routine, suggest a near-Trumpian level of insecurity.

13 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Maher's audience is nothing but a bunch of seals programmed to clap at everything left and far left.

Which makes them no different than Hannity's I guess.

He's simply a pompous ass on almost everything. It's not his body, it's not his place to dictate anybody else's. 

Also I now have no doubt that he's Hugh Hefner's son, random I know but.

What bugs me is when thin people get fat, lose the war and then Celebrate their fat trying to convince us that it's beautiful. 😆

20 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

What bugs me is when thin people get fat, lose the war and then Celebrate their fat trying to convince us that it's beautiful. 😆

When I was trolling the chat rooms for skin back in the 90s, a lot of girls had BBW in their monikers. I appreciated them letting me know to ignore them, was very kind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Democrats - young, crazy, woke losers

Republicans - white, old, insane losers

I think you really hit the nail on the head with that one. :first:

21 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Right, lying to someone and telling them they are beautiful is not really helping them....

42 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

It's not his body, it's not his place to dictate anybody else's. 

I worked for a company that mandated a blood test for health insurance which included a test for tobacco.  If you failed you paid an extra $1000 that year.  If you didn't get the test you still paid.  As Maher said you can do that because tobacco-shaming is OK.  Imagine doing something similar for obesity; the woke world would go ape shiot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I worked for a company that mandated a blood test for health insurance which included a test for tobacco.  If you failed you paid an extra $1000 that year.  If you didn't get the test you still paid.  As Maher said you can do that because tobacco-shaming is OK.  Imagine doing something similar for obesity; the woke world would go ape shiot.

I make comments like that in my healthcare group on facebook when they go there. The fat girls LOSE THEIR SH!T, it's hilariously hypocritical