Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Bill Maher is right...

Maher has had Michael Moore on his show numerous times. Along with others like Anna Navarro and I never heard him say anything to them about their weight. So it's ok for him to point his finger at those  beneath  him, but not his elitist pals. Phony Fock. I mean , Michael Moore for gods sake. Is there a more physically disgusting person around? 

Not really ground breaking - Americans have been disproportionately overweight for decades.  Bill Maher's rant was just a really long fat joke. 

7 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Not really ground breaking - Americans have been disproportionately overweight for decades.  Bill Maher's rant was just a really long fat joke. 

Right, since that seems to align with his job, I guess he is doing it... but it is refreshing to see someone not lie for a change...

Bill Maher is a misogynistic, pretentious, arrogant, insufferable azzhole. I agree with most of his politics and find him funny in small doses but definitely the kind of dude I would want to punch in the face if I was around him more than 5 mins.

Mayer isn’t entirely wrong but he’s overstating his case for effect and I think he’s one of those guys who gives his hot takes entirely to be controversial or shocking. I agree with his politics a lot and still think he’s a doosh.

That thing with the circus fat man appeared on Andrew Sullivan’s blog 10 years ago FWIW.

14 minutes ago, trumpurethra said:

Bill Maher is a misogynistic, pretentious, arrogant, insufferable azzhole. I agree with most of his politics and find him funny in small doses but definitely the kind of dude I would want to punch in the face if I was around him more than 5 mins.

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

Mayer isn’t entirely wrong but he’s overstating his case for effect and I think he’s one of those guys who gives his hot takes entirely to be controversial or shocking. I agree with his politics a lot and still think he’s a doosh.

That thing with the circus fat man appeared on Andrew Sullivan’s blog 10 years ago FWIW.

Funny how you guys can feel that way about someone... but not really willing to accept that a lot of Trump supporters feel the exact same way.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Funny how you guys can feel that way about someone... but not really willing to accept that a lot of Trump supporters feel the exact same way.

I am not sure what you’re saying here. Trump supporters also think Mayer is a doosh? Or they think Trump is a doosh but like his politics? :unsure: 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I am not sure what you’re saying here. Trump supporters also think Mayer is a doosh? Or they think Trump is a doosh but like his politics? :unsure: 

I, like many Trump supporters think Trump is a real azz hat, but agree with his politics.  We're happy he's there, and want him there for 4 more years, but we will be happy when he's gone too... as long as we keep things moving in the right direction.

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think Maher at least has mostly rational positions, while I may disagree with him on some things, at least he brings rationality to the table.   Same for Trump, there are elements of him with which i disagree, but his political positions are spot-on for the most part. I suspect I would likely not care for either one of them, and want to urgently punch both in the face if I spent any time with them.....but you need not agree with everything about everyone.....especially if they are being effective.....

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I, like many Trump supporters think Trump is a real azz hat, but agree with his politics.  We're happy he's there, and want him there for 4 more years, but we will be happy when he's gone too... as long as we keep things moving in the right direction.

I totally accept that Trump supporters feel that way. I think you’re wrong and he’s ultimately just another country club Republican only with a side of fake populism. But I get that you feel that way. :dunno: 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

I totally accept that Trump supporters feel that way. I think you’re wrong and he’s ultimately just another country club Republican only with a side of fake populism. But I get that you feel that way. :dunno: 

LOL... "country club Republican".  He was a Democrat for decades!  Then he gained common sense and logic and became a Republican.  Still is a jackazz though.  Always was.  That part of him never changed.

55 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, cause a guy telling jokes on television and the commander in chief of the armed services, the enforcer of the nation's law, should totally have the same standard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah, cause a guy telling jokes on television and the commander in chief of the armed services, the enforcer of the nation's law, should totally have the same standard. 

Not holding either Maher or Trump to that standard.  I'm talking about the supporters.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL... "country club Republican".  He was a Democrat for decades!  Then he gained common sense and logic and became a Republican.  Still is a jackazz though.  Always was.  That part of him never changed.

Well looking at his policies we’ve got a POTUS who likes tax cuts, deregulation and deficit spending like every other Republican, so ... :dunno: 

I get why Republicans like Republican policies. Personally I don’t see much difference between Trump and say Jeb except the former cheats on his wife and behaves like an ass hole on Twitter.

29 minutes ago, MDC said:

Well looking at his policies we’ve got a POTUS who likes tax cuts, deregulation and deficit spending like every other Republican, so ... :dunno: 

I get why Republicans like Republican policies. Personally I don’t see much difference between Trump and say Jeb except the former cheats on his wife and behaves like an ass hole on Twitter.

There is truth to much of this, except comparing Trump to the Bush's limp country club attitudes toward social policy. H.W. was the last one with balls. Cheney ran the country's social policies. 

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I love this stuff.  I mean seriously.  I chuckle when I see these little fights in the media.

Can't say anything about anyone---ever

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/al-roker-responds-to-bill-mahers-fatshaming-comments-he-doesnt-know-what-hes-talking-about-010657614.html

“Bill Maher needs to shut the front door. He doesn’t know what he's talking about, and it’s not gonna help anybody,” said Roker.

I feel this is offensive to back doors.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Bill Maher is right...

Bill Maher is left, and a Grand Asshat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Moore was on his show Friday. Did he call him out? 

No, so therefore we should ban Moorer as well, right?