Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Hey KC Homers - Better WW P/U fill in - Hardman or Robinson

Any homers or experts want to weigh in?  My original thinking was Hardman would be a good bench stash if/when Sammy Watkins got hurt...never expected Tye Hill would be the one to go down.  Does Hardman make the biggest impact with Hill out?  Or is Robinson the better WW pickup.  Some are speculating that Hill could be put on IR, so this coud be a huge pickup!

I think Robinson is the safer play, more boring , but safer. 

Hardman with that amazing speed, now that’s the home run. 

I would chase after Robinson if your weak at wr. 

But if you have good depth and just want to own a piece of that KC train, I would chase Hardman. 

Hey good post, thank you, good luck on this decision. 

• Like 1

I'd say Robinson, but temper expectations.  May have a strong game here and there, but for the most part maybe 4 to 5 catches and 50-60 yards

That image changes my opinion.  Go hardman.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:26 PM, AxeElf said:

My money would be on the more experienced Robinson.

You're welcome.

Come on guys.....we know who Robinson is.

The Hard Man is the answer. Arrow is pointing straight up.

Safe owners compete, but often lose leagues. Gamblers that recognize the importance of upside often win them.

2 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Come on guys.....we know who Robinson is.

Yep, he's the guy who got 6 catches for 172 yards and 2 TDs, leading all fantasy scorers in Week 2.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yep, he's the guy who got 6 catches for 172 yards and 2 TDs, leading all fantasy scorers in Week 2.

You mean like Sammy did last week? Raiders game planned for him this week, and Robinson and The Hard Man took advantage.

We know who Robinson is. However, The Hard Man has the speed.....and with that QB, speed kills.

Not saying that he will be a weekly WR1 or anything. I do believe, however, that he offers far more upside that Robinson. That 74 yard bomb to The Hard Man called back on an iffy penalty was a thing of beauty.

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

You mean like Sammy did last week?

Similar, yes, although Sammy had 198 and 3--but they did both lead all fantasy scorers in their respective weeks.

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

We know who Robinson is.

27 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

...and the guy who went 1/0/0 last week, and 22/288/4 last season....even with Hill missing time.

We know who he is, not because he had a blow-up game, but based on past performances over 4 years, including opportunities matching the one he has now. The Hard Man, as a rookie, is admittedly an unknown commodity.....but we saw today his ability to run by defenses, which can be huge for a guy catching balls from a guy who can put 60 yards of air under it.

Both he and The Hard Man have a golden opportunity on that dynamic offense, with Hill on the shelf. The OP was wondering between the two moving forward. Personally, I go with with the upside speed guy. Obviously, you feel differently.....but no need to repeat this week's stats. We've all been familiar with him for years.

28 minutes ago, stonewall said:

We know who he is, not because he had a blow-up game, but based on past performances over 4 years, including opportunities matching the one he has now.

Well, apparently the OP didn't know who he is, because he was axing the question.

So I enlightened him.

It's what I do.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, apparently the OP didn't know who he is, because he was axing the question.

So I enlightened him.

It's what I do.

You are kind of a weird dude. 

Who is speculating Hill to IR, some drunk named Norm at the bar?

Hardman has the upside here.

But the correct answer is Kelse ❤️ (HEART) 

7 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Who is speculating Hill to IR, some drunk named Norm at the bar?

Hardman has the upside here.

But the correct answer is Kelse ❤️ (HEART) 

Nooorrmmm!!

I was really high on Robinson last year.  I thought in training camp and preseason he had shown more than Chris Conley but always trailed him on the depth chart.  The guy deserves a shot in my opinion.

Neither?

I'm sure both will have blow-up games in that offense, but the only question that matters is who will reach a point where you feel confident starting him on a weekly basis. Watkins and Kelce are the only two guys who will get reliable targets, IMO.

If I had to pick one, I'd go Hardman based on talent, but he would still be a stash until he proved he had staying power.

15 minutes ago, zftcg said:

If I had to pick one, I'd go Hardman based on talent, but he would still be a stash until he proved he had staying power.

Reid is a different kind of animal.  If you produce, you stay on the field.....rookie or not. 

Reid is smarter than Arians...

Robinson outsnapped Hardman 69 - 56.  Both were targeted 6 times, Robinson caught all 6 of his vs 4 of 6 for hardman. 

Without T. Hill, Watkins and Kelce are the defensive focal points so either of these guys could have value any week.  Watkins and Kelce also continue to see more targets.

Another note, Hardman was one holding call away from a 5-133 2-TD Statline.

Basically I don't see a lot separating the two at this point.

Everyone here is wrong, the answer is both.  Maybe one gets a couple more targets here or there, but it really doesn't matter because the targets in that offense are so much more valuable than a target for any other team. Both fit the profile of high upside flex options or WR3's. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Everyone here is wrong, the answer is both.  Maybe one gets a couple more targets here or there, but it really doesn't matter because the targets in that offense are so much more valuable than a target for any other team. Both fit the profile of high upside flex options or WR3's. 

This is really the answer. With a run game suffering and the fantasy god that is mahomes each week is going to be a chance for everyone to feast. 

Robinson is still the safer pick.