Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

guice injury

whats the latest?

looks like he misses time.  he's been dumped in at least one of my leagues.  

How long is he expected to be out?

I guess I"m trying to figure out if he is he worth a stash for later in the year.

I am guessing as an ADP owner, Guice is more valuable to me than he is to the rest of the league.

Rotoworld said yesterday evening it was a Meniscus issue and he would likely be out a few weeks.  My guess is he's never going to amount to much.  Very talented kid, but his injuries are going to prevent him from ever doing much.  Let someone else start him and deal with the frustration.  With no offensive line to speak of, and him having 2 ACL injuries already, combined with hamstring and now a Meniscus issue, let him go.  If you can keep him for next season, maybe.  He's not doing anything at all in 2019.

Tough situation for the young man. 

I think he’s worthy of a drop, and I wouldn’t chase him. 

• Like 1

Assuming you have at least one scrub on your roster who ISN'T a starting skill player in the NFL, definitely drop him for Guice.

Well I"m a bit lucky (or unlucky)

in the league he is available, my bench players were

Adrian Peterson -now the starter with Guice injured

Williams in Oakland -NOw the #1 WR with AB gone

Justice Hill (backup in Baltimore)  and with my starter (mixon) on the shelf, I probably shoudnt dump him.

or Golden tate (#1 WR in New York but currently suspended)

I could also look at dumping Corey Davis who had a poor week 1.

Easly let the Guice go. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Easly let the Guice go. 

Hmm, let's see, drop a starting RB, or a WR who managed to get 0 receptions on 3 targets...

Tough call.

Who’s a starting rb, right now only thing the Guice is starting on, is first in, line to see the doctor. 

Easly drop Guice. 

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Who’s a starting rb, right now only thing the Guice is starting on, is first in, line to see the doctor. 

Easly drop Guice. 

Yep, don't plan for the remainder of the season, cut bait now.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yep, don't plan for the remainder of the season, cut bait now.

We agree. 

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. 

Hey now what nfl what that you playes for? 

31 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Hmm, let's see, drop a starting RB, or a WR who managed to get 0 receptions on 3 targets...

Tough call.

Dude, you kill me with your prognostications.  I'll post the same thing here I did months ago.  Guice is a very talented kid, BUT, he's not going to stay healthy.  Two ACL tears, hamsting issues and now a meniscus issue?  All within 2 years???  C'mon.  You act like his body is just going to comply and he will be fine.  ACL injuries lead to hamstring injuries.  Meniscus issues are easily remedied with a surgery, but just like with an ACL, they tear and shred easier after the first operation.  You would rather keep a guy with this sort of injury history on your roster?  Even though he managed only 2 ypc?  Oh, and he's running behind possibly the worst offensive line in the NFL?  Yeah, he's going to be a break out star this season.....  Not a chance.  Simply implying he is at this point shows how little you know about injuries and the anatomy.  He is 100% wasted space on your roster this season.  What the Redskins need to do is put him on IR, have him work the next year with a Physical Therapist, and see if they can't build strength in the injured areas without doing more damage.  Rushing him back into a game is going to make things worse.  Three weeks off is NOT enough time. 

According to info on sportsline Guice COULD be back for week 3. If you are in a 10 team league or don't have an IR spot: drop, otherwise hold. Not that complicated 

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

According to info on sportsline Guice COULD be back for week 3. If you are in a 10 team league or don't have an IR spot: drop, otherwise hold. Not that complicated 

From the Washington Post:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/09/redskins-derrius-guice-being-evaluated-knee-injury-is-likely-miss-games/  The article is only 4 hours old.

He could be back in week 3, or he could be back after 3 to 4 games.  Right now, it doesn't sound like anyone at all is certain.  Having swelling in the knee, and knee soreness, isn't a good thing.  I seriously like this kid and wish they would do the right thing.  Put him on IR (with the opportunity for recall) and work with an educated therapist to get his lower body in order.  I've heard scouts say he was nearly as good as Barkley prior to his first injury.  Even after, I've heard Gil Brandt say he was a close second.  Now with all his injuries combined, they need to get him fixed before they ruin his career.  He's only 22.  You know he will want to be on the field as soon as possible.  This is where a team needs to make the right call for the sake of the player.  They aren't winning this season anyway.  I just hope they don't ruin him. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

From the Washington Post:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/09/redskins-derrius-guice-being-evaluated-knee-injury-is-likely-miss-games/  The article is only 4 hours old.

He could be back in week 3, or he could be back after 3 to 4 games.  Right now, it doesn't sound like anyone at all is certain.  Having swelling in the knee, and knee soreness, isn't a good thing.  I seriously like this kid and wish they would do the right thing.  Put him on IR (with the opportunity for recall) and work with an educated therapist to get his lower body in order.  I've heard scouts say he was nearly as good as Barkley prior to his first injury.  Even after, I've heard Gil Brandt say he was a close second.  Now with all his injuries combined, they need to get him fixed before they ruin his career.  He's only 22.  You know he will want to be on the field as soon as possible.  This is where a team needs to make the right call for the sake of the player.  They aren't winning this season anyway.  I just hope they don't ruin him. 

In a perfect world you would be on point, but this is the NFL. Coach Gruden is potentially coaching for his job. If the doctors say the kid can go, he's gonna be in there. That is just the reality, even if it isn't in the player's long-term best interest.

1 minute ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s done for the season. Someone dropped AP when he was declared inactive, I picked him up. 

If there is a decision to be made as to whether he should be placed on IR-R or not--that is, if they are only deciding whether he will be out as many as 8 weeks or not--then it would be surprising if he does NOT return before the end of the season.

mark my words. this leads to haskins being put in. Either because keenum cant move the ball now or the fact he is going to get killed by the rush. 

3 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

mark my words. this leads to haskins being put in. Either because keenum cant move the ball now or the fact he is going to get killed by the rush. 

ADP is a great pass blocker. 

Also, gotta keep Bryce Love in mind....and be ready to reach on the scoop-up a week or two before others in your league.

Just now, stonewall said:

ADP is a great pass blocker. 

Also, gotta keep Bryce Love in mind....and be ready to reach on the scoop-up a week or two before others in your league.

ADP is an old man. He is like george forman when he was still boxing. Everyone knows he should not be out there. Everyone also knows he needs the money. 

19 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Melvin Gordon time 

Did you mean it's just time for him to come back, or you think WA may consider dealing for him?  That would be an interesting thing to ponder. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Did you mean it's just time for him to come back, or you think WA may consider dealing for him?  That would be an interesting thing to ponder. 

I haven’t checked the logistics of it, however, I think it’s a decent fit. They need a non-Guice, non-ADP plan. Guice should be only a backup plan. 

They will need to do this with TE Reed as well, they’ve got ancient Davis who will get snaps just as ADP

10 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I haven’t checked the logistics of it, however, I think it’s a decent fit. They need a non-Guice, non-ADP plan. Guice should be only a backup plan. 

They will need to do this with TE Reed as well, they’ve got ancient Davis who will get snaps just as ADP

It's not a bad fit at all.  I had not considered them before, but with them potentially releasing or trading Keenum once they start the rookie, they should have the cap room to accommodate him.  Not to mention the LT potentially being dealt.  He'd be a good fit for them.  Reed's contract was a bad one from the start.  Hopefully the guaranteed money is gone and they can release him after the season. 

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s done for the season. Someone dropped AP when he was declared inactive, I picked him up. 

smart move.  I did the same.

I figured if Guice didnt pan out, ADP would be back.   if he did pan out, I figured hed get traded to one of the RB needy teams out there.

one way or another I was pretty sure he would play somewhere.  I just wasnt sure it was gonna be in Washington.

28 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Maybe you are right, but most teams with serviceable RB's are not selling them.

the team likely needs to address this position in the draft, but until that time, it is likely ADP time unless they make a trade for Gordon or one of the other RB's out there.

I suspect the asking price is more than they are willing to pay, so ADP remains the favourite to address the issue in the short term (and possibly until end of season)

On 9/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, Ray_T said:

Well I"m a bit lucky (or unlucky)

in the league he is available, my bench players were

Adrian Peterson -now the starter with Guice injured

Williams in Oakland -NOw the #1 WR with AB gone

Justice Hill (backup in Baltimore)  and with my starter (mixon) on the shelf, I probably shoudnt dump him.

or Golden tate (#1 WR in New York but currently suspended)

I could also look at dumping Corey Davis who had a poor week 1.

dump davis and dont look back imo

This smells like Jay Ajayi 2.0

But at least Ajayi had a few decent seasons. This guy can’t even see the field. If you watched any of Guice in college, how can you be optimistic his body will ever hold up? He’s a bruiser he seeks out contact. No way that body can hold up to NFL punishment.

Hope The Guice owners did indeed cut bait. 

Saw this coming.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Hope The Guice owners did indeed cut bait. 

Saw this coming.  

I had drafted him in a dynasty league last year.  When the reports came out this offseason that he was healthy, I traded him for Calvin Ridley.  I took a beating on the message boards for that, with everyone saying I gave Guice away and I was robbed.....  Nah.  Like you, I knew his IR status was coming.  He runs like someone threw a bowling ball down the lane, meaning he wants to hit as many guys as he can.  With all those injuries, LOTS of them, no way could he stay healthy for long.  I still say they need to put him on IR for the season, get him working with a physical therapist and see what happens.  It's obvious his lower body needs some time to heal.