Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Am I CRAZY to trade Ekeler for Brady? Need Expert Help!!!

12 Team League, 1 PPR, standard scoring

My QB's are Baker Mayfield + Kirk Cousins and I am in major overreaction mode.

I am thinking of offering Ekeler + Cousins for Brady + Ronald Jones

The Brady owner has Majomes, so trading Brady might be in play.  Plus he is light at RB with Bell, Lindsay, Justin Jackson, and Jones.

I think Mayfield will improve, but he is not going to be the next Brett Favre, at least this season.  The Vikes are going to run the ball and be a low volume passing team.

I am good at RB, with David Johnson, Chris Carson, Mark Ingram, Justice Hill, and Ekeler

Am I overreacting?  Offering too much? Too Little? Is this a good trade?  Need Expert Advice

***OR - Do I just try to get Dalton or Stafford as WW pickups, best of what is available???

Yes, that would be absolutely insane.  Ekeler was the #1 RB in fantasy for Week 1 (standard scoring; #2 in PPR), and you want to trade him for a dime-a-dozen QB?

Brady was the #7 fantasy QB in Week 1; you could have picked up the #4 (Stafford) or #6 (Keenum) QBs off of waivers before the Week 1 games.

Never trade anyone of value for a QB.

Same answer. 

No don’t do it. 

it is also worth mentioning that Brady is on the wrong side of the age of 40.

while I suspect he will play out the year,  the risk of injury is higher than it is for a younger player.

the other thing to keep in mind:  when the wheels fall off of a QB due to age, it can happen literally overnight.

this is a case where you are better off dumping him too early rather than too late

Do not do that trade. you are stacked at RD but maybe you need more help at WR and could trade one of the other guys for help. if you really want Brady, trade him someone lower than the top RB last week. 

How about mine?